Dinosaur tracks revealed due to severe drought conditions at Dinosaur Valley State Park

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
ETA: one year later, less water and more tracks - link also in post #26

These tracks are famous/infamous in evolution/creation lore for being related to the 'man-track' hoaxes.

Dinosaur tracks from 113 million years ago uncovered due to severe drought conditions at Dinosaur Valley State Park - CNN

Dinosaur tracks from around 113 million years ago have been revealed at Dinosaur Valley State Park in Texas due to severe drought conditions that dried up a river, the park said Monday in a statement.

"Most tracks that have recently been uncovered and discovered at different parts of the river in the park belong to Acrocanthosaurus. This was a dinosaur that would stand, as an adult, about 15 feet tall and (weigh) close to seven tons," park spokesperson Stephanie Salinas Garcia told CNN in an email.

Under normal weather conditions, the dinosaur tracks found in the riverbed are under the water and filled with sediment, which makes them less visible, Garcia explained.

I seem to recall a NOVA or similar program where a scientist is standing in the river with a glass bottomed viewer so you could see the tracks under the water.

More about the 'man tracks': Paluxy River - Wikipedia

Last edited:

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These tracks are famous/infamous in evolution/creation lore for being related to the 'man-track' hoaxes.

Dinosaur tracks from 113 million years ago uncovered due to severe drought conditions at Dinosaur Valley State Park - CNN

Dinosaur tracks from around 113 million years ago have been revealed at Dinosaur Valley State Park in Texas due to severe drought conditions that dried up a river, the park said Monday in a statement.

"Most tracks that have recently been uncovered and discovered at different parts of the river in the park belong to Acrocanthosaurus. This was a dinosaur that would stand, as an adult, about 15 feet tall and (weigh) close to seven tons," park spokesperson Stephanie Salinas Garcia told CNN in an email.

Under normal weather conditions, the dinosaur tracks found in the riverbed are under the water and filled with sediment, which makes them less visible, Garcia explained.

I seem to recall a NOVA or similar program where a scientist is standing in the river with a glass bottomed viewer so you could see the tracks under the water.

More about the 'man tracks': Paluxy River - Wikipedia
Some of the earliest documented dinosaur tracks were found in the Connecticut River Valley near Holyoke, MA.
Dinosaur Footprints Reservation - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me get this straight.

Dinosaur tracks from a drought in 2022 uncovered tracks that are related to a hoax in the 1930's?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟353,528.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Let me get this straight.

Dinosaur tracks from a drought in 2022 uncovered tracks that are related to a hoax in the 1930's?

When it's hot and dry, water levels in the river go down, showing the tracks at the bottom of the river.
When it's not hot and dry, the water level rises, covering the tracks.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is funny to see someone so taken in by the most blatant and easily disproven nonsense as "dinosaurs are fake". Funnier to see them think it's everyone else that's gullible.
Who was gullible enough to assign an ape binomial to a peccary tooth?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When it's hot and dry, water levels in the river go down, showing the tracks at the bottom of the river.
When it's not hot and dry, the water level rises, covering the tracks.
So it's the 1930's, hot and dry out, the water level goes down, revealing dinosaur tracks, it rains and the water level goes up, covering the tracks, and in 2022 a drought lowers the water level again, and -- wow -- there's those tracks again!

I get the impression scientists are using this RE-"discovery" to keep the propaganda going that deep time is real.

Not to mention the fact that they want to give us common folk the impression they're out there doing something constructive.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟353,528.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
So it's the 1930's, hot and dry out, the water level goes down, revealing dinosaur tracks, it rains and the water level goes up, covering the tracks, and in 2022 a drought lowers the water level again, and -- wow -- there's those tracks again!

I get the impression scientists are using this RE-"discovery" to keep the propaganda going that deep time is real.

Not to mention the fact that they want to give us common folk the impression they're out there doing something constructive.

I think that you're tacking onto something you really don't know a great deal about to make a big deal out of yourself, as per your usual MO.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think that you're tacking onto something you really don't know a great deal about to make a big deal out of yourself, as per your usual MO.
I'll admit, I didn't read the article, but I don't need to be a Rhodes scholar to speculate that that article is more about deep time than it is dinosaur tracks.

Whenever I see a scientific article that says, in essence, dinosaur tracks have been discovered at X -- and X has been previously known for having dinosaur tracks -- I get the idea that Satan is saying it's time for a refresher course on deep time to be disseminated to the general public again.

Since most of us commoners can't afford to go to college, Satan will make sure he brings his college to us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟353,528.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I'll admit, I didn't read the article, but I don't need to be a Rhodes scholar to speculate that that article is more about deep time than it is dinosaur tracks.

Whenever I see a scientific article that says, in essence, dinosaur tracks have been discovered at X -- and X has been previously known for having dinosaur tracks -- I get the idea that Satan is saying it's time for a refresher course on deep time to be disseminated to the general public again.

Since most of us commoners can't afford to go to college, Satan will make sure he brings his college to us.

And persecution complex, thy name is AV1611VET!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And persecution complex, thy name is AV1611VET!
I assure you I don't feel persecuted.

If you want to think someone is being persecuted, check out what's being done in China to those who, according to academia, "believe what they know ain't so".

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟353,528.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I assure you I don't feel persecuted.

If you want to think someone is being persecuted, check out what's being done in China to those who, according to academia, "believe what they know ain't so".

No, I'm going to stick with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

People who have a problem with the age of the universe speculate that.
People who have a problem with climate change speculate that that article is more about climate change that it is dinosaur tracks.

People who don't have a problem with scientific knowledge see it as a mildly interesting fact.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
People who have a problem with the age of the universe speculate that.
People who have a problem with climate change speculate that that article is more about climate change that it is dinosaur tracks.

People who don't have a problem with scientific knowledge see it as a mildly interesting fact.
Well I see it as propaganda; foisted on the general population to keep us from forgetting about deep time.

But again, I'll admit I didn't read the article.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟932,586.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Every one of those skulls are Homo sapiens, except one.

And I can't remember which one it is.
First three (I think) are not genus Homo to use your "genus == kind" distinction.

The problem with miraculous plagues as an explanation for the diversity of hominids is that the rest of the evidence associated with them is consistent with the evolutionary time line and not with them being deformed people from the bronze age.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First three (I think) are not genus Homo to use your "genus == kind" distinction.

The problem with miraculous plagues as an explanation for the diversity of hominids is that the rest of the evidence associated with them is consistent with the evolutionary time line and not with them being deformed people from the bronze age.
This "consistent timeline," I take it, is not consistent with the Exodus either?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟932,586.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
This "consistent timeline," I take it, is not consistent with the Exodus either?
No, it isn't, as all hominids not identified as Homo sapiens predate all recorded history.

(I confess that Biblical knowledge about the exact timing of the miraculous plagues is very limited.)

Upvote 0