Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It seems very difficult when you have a chronic illness(including anxiety issues) to find a good Christian friend that matches you(you know normally if you didn't have those obstacles you would arrange to be at the places that people that share your profile and match who you are hang around and that way you can meet them and contact them and develop a good friendship relationship with them).
How do you go about finding a good friend like that when most of the time you don't even feel good and leave your house?

• Friendly
Reactions: dayhiker

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The best way to build relationships is to demonstrate a genuine interest in the other person. Ask questions and listen. Really hear them.

While its understandable to want companionship with others who share your struggles. Diverse company may be best. You can minister to one another. Focus on your strengths not your weaknesses.

Don’t live from the malady and make it your banner. It doesn’t define you and don’t label yourself. You’re more than the problem. Emphasize the good and celebrate it. Do the things you long to do with friends and alone.

Smile. Share a positive word. Encourage someone. You’ll draw others to you very often. I built a large group of friends doing the same when I was ill. You can too.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Most of my friends are online. The handful of friends I have in person are work friends and we do not socialize outside of work.

I have physical problems as well as anxiety that is sometimes debilitating. I only go out in public for work and things that are necessary at the time being. Sometimes things are better and I go out for other things that I enjoy and just want to do. It's usually alone or with my kid. People don't consider me a person to do things with because of the huge chunks of time that I spend isolated at home.

In all honestly I'd rather rest when I need and feel safer at home than out forcing socialization on myself. There will be a time for it again. I get lonely a lot, but to me it isn't worth the stress and strain to push myself at this time. I can occupy my mind and hands to distract myself from the loneliness.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0