FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
vespasia said:
Please could that include the Brethren....*pretty please*

That will require some research. My wife's maternal side was Church of the Brethren, and I'm somewhat familiar with Brethren-in-Christ but I will see what I can do for ya.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟86,484.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
vespasia said:
*Thank you*

I will pm you the UK web info as the USA and UK have differances....mind you my church is STILL discussing the validity of the internet as a tool for outreach five years after they first began to think about it.^_^
Please direct them here, it is a good start :)

Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,490.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
*laughs*

I cannot get most of them even NEAR the 'on button' and one of the elders has hidde the computer he was given completely unwrapped and will not go near it as 'too new fangled' never mind venture out into the internet. I have even offered to teach some of them* go on imagine the pitying looks I get for that* and the older sisters smile pat my hand and ask me to send their emails out and give them printed copies.

We still mostly use parchment and ink and of going around each others homes instead.
You know compared to how 'faceless' e-communication is I think I do prefer their old way as it is how I can imagine the early church being.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Danfrey said:
How about this for doctrinal differences

Schleitheim Confession of Faith
Dorchtrict Confession of Faith

They are up in the "sticky" along with the '63 confession and the "new" one the mennonite church (USA)has put out.

Since this forum also includes the quakers & brethren (covering the historical peace churches) I was gonna see about getting something there but just haven't gotten to it.

Upvote 0

Danfrey

Warning -- Anabaptist views
Feb 9, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
✟1,080.00
Faith
Anabaptist
menno said:
They are up in the "sticky" along with the '63 confession and the "new" one the mennonite church (USA)has put out.

Since this forum also includes the quakers & brethren (covering the historical peace churches) I was gonna see about getting something there but just haven't gotten to it.
Up to 63 I can live with. As far as the "New One", I depart from there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.