Did Daystar’s Joni Lamb use ministry’s jet for personal trips and is that OK?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,763,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since October 2022, Daystar Television Network’s ministry jet has made 24 round-trip flights from Fort Worth to Colorado Springs and 13 round-trip flights from Fort Worth to Destin at an estimated cost of $769,220.

The purpose of the Colorado Springs flights were a mystery until Daystar President Joni Lamb announced her engagement to Colorado Springs psychologist and author Doug Weiss in March 2023.

The following screenshot shows Daystar’s jet flying to Colorado Springs and returning to Texas two days after Lamb’s surprise engagement announcement. Is it appropriate for a church leader to use the ministry jet to visit a fiancé?

Continued below.

• Wow
Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟139,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since October 2022, Daystar Television Network’s ministry jet has made 24 round-trip flights from Fort Worth to Colorado Springs and 13 round-trip flights from Fort Worth to Destin at an estimated cost of $769,220.

The purpose of the Colorado Springs flights were a mystery until Daystar President Joni Lamb announced her engagement to Colorado Springs psychologist and author Doug Weiss in March 2023.

The following screenshot shows Daystar’s jet flying to Colorado Springs and returning to Texas two days after Lamb’s surprise engagement announcement. Is it appropriate for a church leader to use the ministry jet to visit a fiancé?

Continued below.
This is the reason why I do not give to churches, I give to properly vetted organizations that are transparent. Who knows what the pastor does with the money.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟52,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the reason why I do not give to churches, I give to properly vetted organizations that are transparent. Who knows what the pastor does with the money.
I've never been to a church where all funds were used at the discretion of the pastor. That's why churches have business meetings.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟139,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To answer the original post, it's the same as a company vehicle: you don't put such to personal use. If you do, you should reimburse the organization.
Agreed 100%. Amen to that. :) Not reimbursing the church for the use of a jet for personal reasons is considered theft.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟139,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never been to a church where all funds were used at the discretion of the pastor. That's why churches have business meetings.
I have never been to a church where pastors take my money and use it for their own discretion either. We are both blessed in that regard.

Upvote 0