Deprivation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it morally wrong for me to deprive a kitten who loves tuna steak from eating tuna steak 24/7?

Absolutely -- poor kitten to think it could be stuffing itself silly and you mere human are choosing to limit its pursuit of happiness by denying it 24 hour access to tuna.

On the other hand someone has to teach the furball to get past its desire for instant gratification and keep it from turning into a beach ball with fur :)

Upvote 0

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think so. People who always get whatever they want when they want it are usually insufferable, miserable, jerks. If you always had your favorite food 24/7 but nothing else you'd soon be sick of it. I'm not sure how it works for cats though. My cat won't eat anything but her dry cat food. We've tempted her with everything we can think of but she just walks away. Now she WILL drink anything with booze in it so you have to be careful. If you leave and open beer on the table and walk away you'll come back to a spilled beer and a cat greedily lapping up the mess.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟377,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know much about cats. Can they thrive on an all-tuna diet? If it's not unhealthy, then there'd be no reason to deprive her.

Our African Grey parrot loves meat (who knew parrots could be carnivorous?) Especially bacon. She would gorge herself on bacon if she could (Elvis reincarnated?) But the nitrates in cured meat supposedly aren't very good for birds, so I just give her a few small pieces if I have bacon for breakfast. I have to deprive her for her own good. But it's amazing how she recognizes it, and hangs off her cage staring at me, and begging just like a dog. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.