• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

DEPRESSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeCe

Veteran
Mar 25, 2003
Visit site
✟1,867.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry you're having a rough time. :hug:
The book of Psalms is just so comforting to me. You might try reading that and pray pray pray. He is there for you. ALWAYS. He will never leave you.

And if you are in church, it would probably be a good idea to talk to your pastor as well.

Praying:prayer:

Upvote 0

ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟27,206.00
Faith
Catholic
this must be a desparately sad time for you. It is difficult to know what to say in such times, but all i know for sure is that though you may not see a time when you will be free from these terrible feelings of depression, they don't have to last forever. If you continue to feel like this i would suggest that you visit a health profesional or councillor...sometime's we find our own way through things with the grace of God, other time's we need the help of another to show us a clear path through the darkness.

Upvote 0

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello AimEJL,

I just want to let you know I went through a close experience as you did. I know how you feel. I just want to tell you not to let this go on for a while, it was 2 1/2 years from today that my grandmother died and I haven't really gone to get help until this year, and it has messed me up majorly, so if you notice that you aren't feeling better soon, I would talk to someone, a pastor, counselor or a professor or a dean or someone at school if you attend college (I see you are 20 years old). I don't want to see you in a similar situation I am in, it's not fun. I am always here if you need someone to talk to.

servant4ever

Upvote 0

InHim23

Mar 1, 2004
✟15,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I lost my mother, gandmother, grandfather, cousin, pets, a freind.... I was very despressed, even before the losses.. and wanted to die... I didn't see the point... Had no friends, or family... But, God changed everyhthing...

I am new here, but I was set free just about 2 years ago. I will explain how.
After about a month of accepting Jesus as my LORD and SAVIOR, I went to a revival that God told me to go to. And I went and I was Healed.
I heard for the first time EVER that I was already healed. I was like, this makes no sense to me... But I kept hearing the word and faith grew inside of me. I head how Jesus healed us 2000 years ago by HIS stripes. That HE took our sins and sickness opon the cross. And passages in the bible where peoples faith made them whole. So I knew that, if their faith made them whole, then mine could as well. I was taught how the importance of confessing, so I started believing with my heart, and confessing with my mouth! I started thanking God for healing me!!! Praising God and thanking him for taking all my sins and sickness upon the cross, and by His Stripes, I AM HEALED!!! Saying, "I think you God that you did not give me a spirit of fear, but of love power and a SOUND MIND." "Thank you for Healing me" "Thank you Lord" "BY HIS STRIPES I AM EALED" I then felt the Power of GOD descend upon me, and the severe depression and thoughts of suicide leave. It litterally lifted right out of my body... I cried for probably 30 minutes, then I was filled with the wonder presence of GOD. I was totally healed. Freed!!! With a sound mind!!! and filled with a spirit of LOVE!!!
He can do the same for you, keeping hearing the word of God. Read Romans 10:17
If none has told you before, let me tell you. "You are Healed!!!" 1 Peter 2:24
He wishes above ALL THINGS that yoe be in good health and prosper.
I am free today, now for 2 years, with no symptoms to retern after I was healded and off meds, because whom the son sets free, is free indeed!
God Bless you all!!!

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
aimejl said:
I know he is always there for me I just feel so empty right now. I was so close with my grandma.
hey i understand its so hard not to give up. I guess things dont always go well and when u feel down u feel empty sometimes. I think we dont always do a good job of encouraging you. But im sure you are doing really well. and even when we cant feel him God is there im learning that lately :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Naveh Vine

He's The Beautiful Vine
Apr 26, 2004
AZ
✟7,628.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I too struggle with depression. I’ve given up on antidepressants, shrinks and even being able to develop true and lasting friendships. I really struggle with this in the spiritual realm too, b/c the bible says we’re supposed to have a “peace that passeth understanding.” I have everything but that now. I feel a little better when I read Psalm 38. Here is a little excerpt from it:

I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.

Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.

My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.

My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.