United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was growing up I felt straight but when I was 16 (now 19) my libido left me completely one day out of nowhere and it never came back. This was the start of my depression. Every day since I've had anxiety about my sexuality and am mad at God for never helping me when I asked for help and to love women again. If I see a beautiful French woman (had a thing for them) now all I see is that they are pretty but I don't feel how I know I should feel. I feel empty inside and cannot love anyone.
I am also some sort of sociopath I believe as I don't appreciate any of my family and I don't get on with any of them. To be honest I've had thoughts of killing myself and them before and this makes me feel extremely evil inside when I don't want to be evil - I want to be nice.
I am also mad at my family for making me this way. As a child growing up my parents thought they were being "Christian" when they judged everyone else. They would make sour comments when they saw gay people on TV, and they would condemn alcohol, sex, parties, girls etc. and so I have never done anything of the sort out of shame or embarrassment of my family.
I have turned into a social weirdo with no friends or relationships (I.e no friends or girlfriend ever). Despite not thinking I was gay, when I lost my libido, the fear of how my parents would say or treat me created the anxiety which has made me become the person I am today. I feel nothing really towards any sex but when I see a guy I'm scared in case I find them good looking even though no attraction. When I see a girl I can see beauty but no feeling. I could never ask my parents for help because of what they've said in the past. I would feel the ultimate shame in the world.
This has left me depressed and lonely for the past 3 years. I've went to the doctor to check for low testosterone and it came back fine which made me sad as I thought it was the problem.

I will never be a man with French girl. I am very sad.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2018-6-19_3-42-43.jpeg

This thread has been moved from
Introduce Yourself
to
Teens area "Serious Stuff"
for a better fit and responses.
Please be aware of the SOP of this forum:
SOP of Serious Stuff:
For all teens ages 16-19. Serious matters may be discussed here, including posts about sexuality, addiction, and theology. Discussion is fine, but debate is not allowed. All of our Teen forums are a place for teens to come and be encouraged, grow stronger in their walk with God and fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Non-Christians are also welcome and will be asked to respect the Faith and foundational beliefs of Christianity while posting in these forums.

Submitting a post here means you have first read, understood, and agreed to follow the Christian Forums Rules.

Carry on.

Please note the thread has been cleaned of posts for those over 19 years old.
Consider also posting in Ask A Chaplain for feedback from older members who can provide spiritual guidance on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

L Hoffman

Aug 6, 2018
Pearland
✟7,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hey. Dealing with depression especially with things like libido is really scary especially in your situation. I say talk to a therapist it really helped me to talk to someone who wouldn't judge me or tell my parents anything that I didn't want them to. I would seriously consider it. Death is never the answer. You never know how many people you affect positively until you're gone. Consider the option of maybe God is calling you to live a single life? Let me know if that helped or can continue to help you :)

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0