Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I heard a joke last night that I thought was pretty funny. If you're easily offended by denomonational humor don't read any further.

It was so dry in Nevada.

(How dry was it??)

It was so dry:

The Baptists sprinkled

The Pentecostals used a wet sponge

The Methodists were issuing rainchecks

The Catholic priest was out behind the church trying to turn wine back into water.

jayebrownlee

Senior Veteran
Jul 23, 2002
Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
✟18,244.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have one too, and as with Kinights post don't read on if you think you will be offended.

There was a meeting of all the churches when someone came in shouting "FIRE, FIRE"

The all the denominations seperated and this is what happened,

The Baptists poured water on the fire,
The Pentecostals praised God for the gift of fire
The catholics prayed to God that he would save them,
and the presbyterians?
They set up a commitee to look into the matter of whether there was a fire at all!!

Jay

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by spirituality
I dont think thats very nice to make fun of other denominations...

There's a difference between making a joke and ridiculing. The objective here is humor. Lighten up a little.

BTW, I heard this from a Baptist preacher.

Upvote 0

waterwizard

Senior Veteran
Aug 13, 2002
Alabama
✟3,275.00
Faith
Baptist
 :D

Some children were told by their teacher to bring something to school that represents their religion.

The next day, the teacher called the students one by one up to show what they brought.

The first child said, "I'm Jewish, and this is my Star of David."

Another child said, "I'm Catholic.  This is my rosary."

Another child said, "I'm Muslim.  This is my prayer rug."

The last child said, "I'm Southern Baptist.  This is my casserole."

Upvote 0

Gabriel

I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found
Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
 :D :D :D  Funny stuff!  I'm not offended and I'm Presbyterian and used to be Baptist.

Poking fun and making fun of are 2 totally different things.  i don't see anything wrong here.

Every day my grandmother used to wake up and go out on the porch.  She would lift her hands to the sky and say, "Thank you Jesus for another beautiful day!" Rain or shine, hot or cold.

One day a new guy moved in next door.  Grouchy and mean, he would always yell back at her, "There ain't no Jesus!"  One day he thought he would mess with Grandma.  He snuck over there and put a bag of groceries on her porch right before she came out.  When sha saw the food she lifted her hands to the heavens and proclaimed, "Thank you Jesus for providing for me!"  About htat time her neighbor jumped up and siad, "Aha!  I Put those groceries there!"  She just smiled and looked back to the sky and said, "Thank you Jesus for providing this food and for tricking the devil into paying for it!"

Not a true story. :D

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Knight
It was so dry in Nevada.

(How dry was it??)

It was so dry:

The Methodists were issuing rainchecks 

How sad am I?  I'm Methodist and I don't get it!  :(

I did get the casserole joke though by waterwizard.  Though I heard it told the Methodists brought the casserole.  ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL LOL LOL, I have a good one. . .

A woman went to the post office to buy stamps for her Christmas cards. The clerk asked her "what denomination?", meaning the monetary amount. The woman stepped back, shocked. "Has it come to this?" "To what?" "I guess I will take 50 Baptist and 50 Catholic ones."

Upvote 0

jayebrownlee

Senior Veteran
Jul 23, 2002
Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
✟18,244.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Susan

A woman went to the post office to buy stamps for her Christmas cards. The clerk asked her "what denomination?", meaning the monetary amount. The woman stepped back, shocked. "Has it come to this?" "To what?" "I guess I will take 50 Baptist and 50 Catholic ones."

Hmmm, That's one of those jokes that is funny because it's not funny isn't it!?!

Jay

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Here's one on my denomination, Unitarian Universalist.

How many Unitarian Universalists does it take to change a light bulb?

-The Unitarian Universalists choose not to make a statement either in favour of or against the need for a light bulb. However, if in your own journey you have found that a light bulb works for you, that is fine. You are invited to write a poem or compose a modern dance about your personal relationship to your light bulb and present it next month at our annual light bulb Sunday service, in which we will explore a number of light bulb traditions, including incandescent, fluorescent, three-way,long-lived, and tinted; all of which are equally valid paths to luminescence.

Upvote 0

A Sheep

Stop the suffering in Iraq
Mar 10, 2002
✟6,046.00
Originally posted by Susan

LOL! :D

"Has it come to this?" :D :( :D

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
These are all great! Being a Presbyterian Baptist, myself, I especially liked the Presbyterian and Baptist ones. And I am sure that was a fine Casserole at that!

I had to smile at the Unitarian Universalists joke as well. That sounded more like a doctrinal statement than a joke. But then the truth in the joke is what makes them funny anyway. For example:

If you have three Baptists in one place you have one more than the required minimum for a Church split! If you throw a Presbyterian in there he will form a committee to appoint a sub committee to study the need to form a commitee to nominate a committee to look into the need for a committee to determine the advisability of such a move.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A Sheep

Stop the suffering in Iraq
Mar 10, 2002
✟6,046.00
Originally posted by Gerry
. . . If you have three Baptists in one place you have one more than the required minimum for a Church split! If you throw a Presbyterian in there he will form a committee to appoint a sub committee to study the need to form a commitee to nominate a committee to look into the need for a committee to determine the advisability of such a move.
:eek:! :D

Upvote 0