Debates on Homosexuality guidelines. Read before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟67,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all,

The posting quality in this forum continues to decline. As I read through several threads I am dismayed at the amount of flaming, baiting, and overall terrible behavior. This thread is to remind all of you of the guidelines of this forum which are found here.

• This forum is for discussion and debate about homosexuality from a Christian perspective. This may include, but is not limited to, such issues as
    • what Christians teach about homosexuality in a Christian life,
    • what the Scriptures teach about homosexual behavior,
    • what impact, if any, such teachings should have on government and education.
  • Post in this forum may not be directed at other posters or at groups of people. You may not make it personal, for instance, by slinging around accusations and calling each other names. Before you make a post, think about whether you would say it to the person if they were standing in front of you.
  • If a member self-identifies as Christian, you are to respect that. You may debate their beliefs, but you may not tell them they are not Christian.
  • Loaded words like "hater," "bigot," "pervert," "homo," etc. are strictly forbidden
  • Enforcement of the rules will be much stricter. Moderator staff will issue warnings, forum-specific bans (FSBs), and infractions as necessary to encourage civil discussion.
If you wish to debate the ethics of homosexuality in general, not from a specifically Christian viewpoint, you may post in Ethics and Morality. If you need help in struggles against homosexuality, you may wish to post in the Struggles with Sexuality forum.

The moderating team will enforce the above guidelines strictly. Please start debating ONLY the topic and not each other. Peruse your posts before submitting them to make sure that they are within the site wide rules here and the guidelines of this forum.
Please help others enjoy this forum.

Blessings,
Hentenza
Theology Administrator

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As long as bias is struggled against by the staff this is generally a good paradigm. the staff should be challenged to only consider a post flaming if the same thing was said by a member of their own faction about an opposing faction.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As long as bias is struggled against by the staff this is generally a good paradigm. the staff should be challenged to only consider a post flaming if the same thing was said by a member of their own faction about an opposing faction.

Moderation via the Categorical Imperative? :D

Now, if only we could get rules written from behind the Veil of Ignorance.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.