✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi
Ah yesterday was Proverbs 2. I missed that. I loved Proverbs 2 in this way, but I wll then shift over to Proverbs 3. All this will be from my world, so it is personal.
In Proverbs 2, I was able to first learn that The Lord as listed there is God The Father, and that my Lord or our Lord is Jesus. I did not learn it from there though, I learned it from combining things that Jesus said, and then I went on the prowl, to see what else I could learn. Jesus said that He is talked about in The Old Testament. Jesus said The Old Testament cannot be changed. Then He, used a passage from Psalms 110 to us, but He added something. It was this: David speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit said: The Lord said to my Lord, sit here.... so on and so forth.
I took a guess. The Lord is God The Father. My Lord is Jesus, to David. Notice also that The Holy Spirit is mentioned as the one Who Told David what to say. However, in Psalms 2, I actually could see Jesus accepting His inheritance from His Father after making those substitutions.
So, I really liked Psalms 2 for that, and it is the first place, that the way, is mentioned.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Yes acceptance is key because it shows that you are willing to say that you are wrong and are willing to listen to another persons point of view. Jesus also accepted that it is God who is his holy inheritance much like we do today as humans!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes acceptance is key because it shows that you are willing to say that you are wrong and are willing to listen to another persons point of view. Jesus also accepted that it is God who is his holy inheritance much like we do today as humans!

Amen.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:
God gives wisdom to His own.

This is a powerful and precious promise. His Word, graven on our hearts, is bound to be infiltrated in the very words of His own, as they speak His Truths, and it becomes apparent that they are because it matches right up with God's Word and many blessings come along with those words. HIS wisdom will be apparent in what His own speaks. And that is because HE "flows through" His vessels, words n' all, including His LIGHT and His TRUTH. For only His own shine His Light into dark places.

Amen.

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

Wear wisdom like a shield.

Wisdom guards our hearts, minds, and souls, and it is like a "detector" of evil, and discerns the intents of those harboring ill-will in their hearts. It truly IS life-giving, and it WILL preserve the lives of those endowed with this precious gift straight from our Father, Who gives us ALL good things.

Amen.

iu

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

Digging for hidden treasure.

Delving into God's Word is likened to digging for hidden treasure. It delights God's heart when we seek Him diligently and fervently in His Word. And He REWARDS us with the "hidden treasures" of His Word, that are only found when we "start digging" fervently.

Reminds me of this verse. We are "calling out" to God when we seek Him in His Word, and He answers us. Those "great and mighty" things He shows us are His 'hidden treasures":

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jer 33:3

iu

Last edited:
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

He gives wisdom freely.

Now this bears repeating, doesn't it? For it is in "digging" in God's Word that we are utterly blessed exceedingly by God Who PROMISES that we WILL find those hidden treasures as we delve into His Word. For "delving" into His Word IS "calling out" to Him and "seeking His face", isn't it?

May it be the desire of our hearts to do so. For WITHIN His wondrous Word lies Wisdom, discernment, and clarity that only HE can give.

Reminds me of this verse:

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." ~Ps 27:8

How precious is THAT??!!!

He TELLS us to SEEK His face!!!

How precious that one day we will see His face clearly, and face-to-face.

This verse comes to mind:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." ~I Cor 13:12

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverb 2:
God's wisdom, imparted to us.
AKA: Digging into God's Word.
287549_32fac0969c924dcf3c664636b25c0334.jpg
"My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints. Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path. When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:" ~Pr 2:1-11

PROVERBS 2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:
Wisdom: Our Protection.
AKA: Inoculation from wickedness and darkness.

When we trust in God, fearing HIM so that we fear NONE else, we HEED His Words and His warnings.

We AVOID the dark ways of evil, and those who follow that darkness and evil and AVOID that dark path of destruction.

"Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them." ~Eph 5:11

PROVERBS 2  DARKNESS of evil.jpg

Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

He Brings Us Justice.
AKA: God Gives Recompense.

"The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God. Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD. For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward." ~Isa 52:10-12

It is written that what the wicked gather by hook or crook or stealing, or cheating, or scheming, God stores it up for His own, and the wicked are oblivious to this, that God Himself will take it from them, and that it was never theirs from the beginning.

They just didn't/don't know it.

Yet.

PROVERBS 2 HE IS A SHIELD for the righteous.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints” (Pro 2:6-8 KJV).

For the LORD giveth wisdom,” now, when you find the knowledge of God as verse 5 says, then verses 6-8 will be the result. The Lord gives wisdom (James 1:5).

Out of his mouth,” out of His Book, out of His prophets, out of His preachers, out of His Spirit “cometh knowledge and understanding.” There are three things in that verse of note. Wisdom—Knowledge—Understanding. Wisdom is what you know, knowledge is how you apply it, and understanding is relating it to God. “To depart from evil is understanding” (Job 28:28).

He layeth up sound wisdom. . .” There are two kinds of wisdom over in the Book of James, godly and worldly. “. . . For the righteous,” “righteous” is a qualification. It is not just talking about somebody that is saved, but somebody that is doing right, and walking right—especially in the sense that it is an Old Testament situation. “He layeth up,” notice that expression. We lay things up for a rainy day. We often hear of folks laying something up for the future when they are going to need it. That is exactly what he is talking about—he ‘reserves” it—puts it away for you. Let’s look at some things about that.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal [Don’t put your heart there, don’t make that your life, because you’ll be disappointed]: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal” (Mat 6:19-20 KJV). Here we see that same expression, “lay up.” Lay up treasures in heaven. There is a bank in heaven. You can put things up there ahead. You can prepare for the next life in this life. We are told in the Book that if we “seek knowledge,” if we’ll “listen,” what that does is to put up in the heavenly bank “wisdom” and “strength” and everything you need for a future day. When will we need it? Look at Matthew chapter 10.

The disciples were following the Lord Jesus Christ—what were they doing? They were listening to Him. What else were they doing? They were learning of Him, He said, “learn of Me.” What else were they doing? They were being like Him. They were walking after Him and doing His will. Notice what He said would happen, when He was getting ready to send them out.

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you” (Mat 10:16-20 KJV).

Do you know why Jesus could say that to those disciples? Because they had laid up something for the time when they will need it. And when the time came—and it did—there was a treasure of wisdom and knowledge laid up there to handle the situation, or the obstacle, or the hindrance that they would be faced with. So, he says, if you will learn, if you will listen, if you will apply it, if you will seek it; then God will put it up in store for you. And when the trouble comes, when the heartache comes, trials, troubles, disaster—you’ll be able to reach up into the heavenly bank and draw on that supply. And you’ll have wisdom to understand.

How ridiculous is it for someone that never has time for his Bible to try to apply this promise to himself? You have to have something in there to be able to find it when you need it. That is why people end up leaving the church. Something happens in their life and they have no spiritual compass with which to deal with it. Perhaps they hear something from the pulpit, or some brother Christian says something to them that they haven’t the spiritual discernment to understand—and it just bowls them over. At the time of testing, why have they not the spiritual resiliency to bounce back? Because they have nothing laid up in store. They are ignorant of the truth because they aren’t in the Word of God. They are still carnal babes in Christ, even if they have been saved for twenty years.

They haven’t got any wisdom, they haven’t got any understanding, they haven’t any about God and God’s people to be able to handle the situation; so, they get knocked out of the race. It happens all the time. It doesn’t need to. People can lay up in store in that heavenly bank for times such as these. When times of misunderstanding come, and troubles come, so they can draw on that strength, and draw on that reserve of God, to get them through that situation.

“. . .be ye therefore wise as serpents,” we are sheep, there is no doubt about that. That is what God says that we are. But we don’t have to be as dumb as sheep. The sheep has to be the dumbest animal in the world. We don’t have to be dumb! We’ve got a Book that tells us about every issue of life, and how to handle every problem. That is why we are told to be “wise as serpents.”

Lord, I thank you for Your presence in our lives. Truly you have given us richly all things, but especially, thank You for not giving us what we deserve. Cleanse us with You Blood as we confess before you are failures and fill us with Your Spirit for the day’s activities. Lord, make us holy, and let people see You in us. Amen.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you and God bless you for this mightily edifying and encouraging entry, brother. What you posted about what righteousness is, is spot on:
For the righteous,” “righteous” is a qualification. It is not just talking about somebody that is saved, but somebody that is doing right, and walking right—especially in the sense that it is an Old Testament situation.
It's one of the best break-downs of righteousness that i've ever read.

Thank you and God bless you brother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

Seeking God.
AKA: Finding God.

When we SEEK Him through His WORD, we will find treasures that are beyond our understanding, that He RESERVES and SETS ASIDE for those who "dig" into His Word.

And as it is written, those who love Him and seek Him early WILL find Him, and in the most delightful of ways.

"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." ~Pr 8:17

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

Seeking Wisdom.
AKA: Digging For "Treasure".

treasure-chest-16105050.jpg

When we diligently "seek" wisdom, even to diligently "digging" for it, God will SURELY see to it that we "find" it. And WHERE is "wisdom"? It's in His Word.

When we "dig" in His Word, as if digging for "hidden treasure", it WILL be found.

For it is only the wise who "dig" for this wisdom in the first place. Therefore, even as we are "digging", we are demonstrating the wisdom that God has already Given to us, or we wouldn't be "digging" in His Word in the first place.

Those Who are "hungry" for wisdom, WILL be "fed" by the living God.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

He GUIDES us.

He is a GOOD Shepherd to those who TRUST in Him as their GOOD Shepherd, and HE will protect, defend, and lead to GOOD things and AWAY from evil and ALL things that can harm us.

iu

Upvote 0