Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 10, verse 22 stood out for me:

"The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it."

This indicates that it is GOD Who establishes riches and blessings for those who fear and honor Him in all they think, say, and do, and it REMAINS blessed for this one, and all their family and household, as there will not be regret or tragedy that accompanies it, because God Himself has established it.

Reminds me of this verse:

DISOBEDIENCE_BREEDS_CURSES.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 10, verses 27-28 stood out for me:

"The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened. The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish."

proverbs10.28.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
in reading Proverbs 10, this verse stood out for me:

:heart: This is soooo true, and how utterly GRACIOUS that our precious Father teaches His children this, so that their hearts are molded more and more like His own (even my own...He has been soooo gracious and patient with me, His fierce "i can do it myself" daughter, who finally started to understand and not be all prickly about "forgiveness" and letting abominable people "off the hook"....or at least that's how i saw it.)

Sometimes we chuckle together about it, my Father and i, how i "wrestled" fiercely with Him and thought i could build a fortress and keep Him out, when it was HIM, Who was the only ONE Who could heal me and draw me out of my "hiding place".

"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." ~Zora Neale Hurston

Pure grace.

proverbs+10.12+c.jpg

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟829,883.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So good to be reading Proverbs again. How I need wisdom. Chapter 10:12 'Hatred stirs up strife,but love covers all sins'. Peter refers to this truth when he says,'Above all love each other deeply,because love covers over a multitude of sins'(1 Pet.4:8) Wisdom in all things is based on love. We show wisdom by doing all things in love Help me LORD!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davidcrosby

Aug 7, 2016
US
✟15,828.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, and he adds no sorrow with it (10:22).
Oh, the blessings of the Lord. How rich they are. How rich is the time that we can spend together in a Christian fellowship and all. Even if it's in times of bearing one another's burdens (Gal 6:2), God adds no sorrow with the blessing of having each other in and with the love of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 10:

This verse, especially, is chock full of God's grace, in that in not re-acting to a "wrong" (easier said than done) calmness and peace prevail. Not reacting "in kind", sorta' smothers out the flame of contention that most likely didn't have a leg to stand on from the gitgo.

In essence, the flame extinguishes itself, because nothing is feeding it.

Spiritual poetic justice.

Priceless.

proverbs+10.12+c.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 10:

Man of Integrity.

I just heard in the news that the press is reaming Mike Pence, our Vice President, for refusing to have dinner alone with a woman. It seems he had made a vow to not be alone with a woman other than his wife, and he actually follows through on it. A man who "honors" his wife, his marriage, himself, and God, is ridiculed for being "honorable" and being a man of integrity.

986a36f5494d83095015858a78514f21.jpg

Upvote 0