SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,801.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I don't agree that you agree with where I'm going on this.

You are doggedly expecting the same observables (consistent with the laws of inorganic chemistry) to be displayed at macromolecular levels.

I mean, a flock of geese doesn't display anything like the physical form a single goose does now .. does it?

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've never had to wear eyeglasses :)
but about two weeks ago I started needing to sometimes wear glasses to read fine print. Yesterday I was watching a YouTube video and I got an advertisement for eyeglasses. It was a little creepy because I'd never received an ad about glasses before, and I had not searched for anything related to glasses or optometry, or visited any retail sites or read any articles about glasses. But then I remembered that three days prior to getting the ad, I typed the word "eyeglasses" in a post in this forum.
I don't know how it works, but is it possible for a bot to crawl a forum like this one, and associate information found with a poster, and know when the poster visits YouTube, for example? I should add that although I visit YouTube occasionally, I've never signed in there, nor with any other part of the Googleverse.
Was this just a coincidence? Am I just being paranoid?
====================================================
While there are millions of bots on the internet today, hundreds on just this forum, copying and saving and collating EVERYTHING posted , and sold to whoever wants the info....

it could have been a coincidence but most likely is not.

Note that an option to starting to wear glasses, simple eye exercises and taking the needed nutritional supplements may prevent deterioration of the eye sight , even for decades.
The toxins and drugs and surgeries foisted upon the unsuspecting public are almost never needed.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟877,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm bumping this because I just had something weird happen which is somewhat related to the OP. I highlighted and copied a line of Hebrew text and went to Google Translate. Every time I use that it has always shown the menu box which says "Detect Language", but this time as soon as it loaded the page it had already selected Hebrew. :scratch:

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm bumping this because I just had something weird happen which is somewhat related to the OP. I highlighted and copied a line of Hebrew text and went to Google Translate. Every time I use that it has always shown the menu box which says "Detect Language", but this time as soon as it loaded the page it had already selected Hebrew. :scratch:
Maybe certain alphabets are impossible to mistake and our masters at google have recently decided to grace us with this convenience?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, most of the time, they are just keeping tabs on you, and as long as your not doing anything overly illegal, or too disruptive to them, they are just keeping tabs on you most of the time, just in case you do do that, or do start doing that to them, etc, because then, there might be some trouble with them maybe, but most of the time not, if your really not, etc.

Now if I had a choice between them keeping tabs on me, and them not keeping tabs on me, then I would most definitely choose the latter, but then again, they don't really leave you/me with very much choice in that now most of the time, do they.

You either choose to live with technology, or live 100% completely without it, and that's not much of a choice now, is it.

God Bless.
If you've grown up in a small town, this isn't that scary. Everyone knew everything about you there, too.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟877,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Maybe certain alphabets are impossible to mistake and our masters at google have recently decided to grace us with this convenience?
I tried it again just now and it did not select Hebrew for me, just gave me Detect Language option. Weird.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟877,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you've grown up in a small town, this isn't that scary. Everyone knew everything about you there, too.
I had an odd experience a couple of years ago. I needed to contact this lady who I didn't know, never met. I looked her up online but the phone number for her was no good, so I drove to her house. She opens the door, and seemed a little freaked out that I knew her name. She asks how I knew where she lived. I said the internet. She said "Well that's a little scary!" Looking at her, she's about the same age as me, and I'm thinking "Lady you're old enough to remember the White Pages, you know, the residence listings where everyone in town had their phone numbers and addresses listed." Oh well.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Looking at her, she's about the same age as me, and I'm thinking "Lady you're old enough to remember the White Pages, you know, the residence listings where everyone in town had their phone numbers and addresses listed." Oh well.
Some people need something to be upset about.

Upvote 0