"Curio and Relics" (C&R) League - Weekend outings, fun/competition, pistols/bolt-action only, etc

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My favorite forum now has my favorite items!!!! Thank you Jesus!!

I've had it on my mind for some time to start a "Curio and Relics" firearms club that meets regionally for weekend fun or even competitive shooting of historic firearms.

Here's the ATF definition of "C&R" firearms: Curios & Relics | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (basically 50+ years old and not NFA-regulated, etc)

I envision things such as a Long Range "C&R" competition where contestants are limited to bolt-actions, 50+ year-old optics, or maybe just iron sights, etc. 100-yards preferably, C&R pistols-only competitions, etc.

If nothing else, everyone just brings their own C&R firearms and make a Saturday of it at some local range or property.

I'm in Indianapolis, IN. If anyone wants to meetup this spring, we could go to Camp Atterbury near Bloomington for a Saturday of making things go "BANG!". They've got some great ranges up to 200 yrds I believe.... Let me know.

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think the NRA hosts similar meets. I know my dad shoots in NRA competitions with his 1903 Springfield and period correct scope. I believe his competition is centered around WWII or earlier sniper rifles.

Hard to believe that Guns I used to see all the time on the shelf for $100 or less are now going for $400 to $800. I guess that's why I haven't gotten into it. No time for it when I was younger, and now the only rifles I'd want are too expensive.

Upvote 0