Creation history vs. evolution history

AndrewRyan

Aug 15, 2012
✟7,676.00
Faith
Agnostic
Thread to debate history according to the Bible, vs. the evolutionists view on history.

Basically the challenge to the evolutionist is this - try and find something in the Bible you don't believe is confirmed by historical evidence, then post it and i will provide the historical evidence.

I believe the Bible is 100% historical fact, and i have never been proven wrong on this belief.

You believe the bible is 100% historical fact. wow. And you never have been proven wrong? Well I don't know if you have been living under a rock but the earth is not 10,000 years old.

Upvote 0
May 18, 2013
✟15,123.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here's one for you which just doesn't make sense to me.

Genesis 4
King James Version (KJV)
4 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

Genesis 4

14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

QUESTION 1
Who would see Cain if he was the first born of the first humans?

QUESTION 2
Where has his wife come from?

QUESTION 3
HOW CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS UTTER TRIPE???????

Upvote 0

nuttypiglet

Mar 23, 2012
✟15,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are assuming that Cain and Abel were a farmer and Shepherd straight from birth. Tell me one simple thing. How long was it after their birth that Cain killed Abel? Don't forget that Adam and Eve had MANY children, it does say that. Adam lived to be 930, Eve longer. So, other children of theirs could have grown up, plus THEY could have have children too. Heck, Eve could have had great great great great grandchildren before Cain killed Abel. Don't assume everything is immediate. With the first of ANY kind, it takes time for a population to build but a long life span is a real added bonus which is why that was so important. It was after the flood that life spans began to shorten dramatically.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are assuming that Cain and Abel were a farmer and Shepherd straight from birth. Tell me one simple thing. How long was it after their birth that Cain killed Abel? Don't forget that Adam and Eve had MANY children, it does say that. Adam lived to be 930, Eve longer. So, other children of theirs could have grown up, plus THEY could have have children too. Heck, Eve could have had great great great great grandchildren before Cain killed Abel. Don't assume everything is immediate. With the first of ANY kind, it takes time for a population to build but a long life span is a real added bonus which is why that was so important. It was after the flood that life spans began to shorten dramatically.

ONE example, of ONE college level book about evolution that is wrong. I am still waiting for that.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
There you go with the word at the middle of your faith again "ASSUME".

Why do you feel it necessary to use faith as a term of derision? Even more, we are challenging the assumption that science textbooks in college biology classrooms are wrong. So far, no one has presented any evidence to back up this assumption.

I think the best assumption believed by science was the development of a human in the womb, from a fish with gills LMAO.

When did science believe that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There you go with the word at the middle of your faith again "ASSUME".
I think the best assumption believed by science was the development of a human in the womb, from a fish with gills LMAO.

Is that your pathetic attempt of deflecting my request for you to post one example of an evolutionary biology text book with errors? You should try harder.

P.S.: Science has never assumed that humans developed from fish with gills in the womb. With every post you demonstrate that your knowledge about biology in general and evolution in specific is less than that of a 5th grader.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't worry, others will know about it

I am not interested in what others know about it. I am interested in what you know about it. You said that many evolution textbooks had errors, I am waiting for a list of those books (or at least ONE of them). You have yet to provide that.

Upvote 0
May 18, 2013
✟15,123.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

So just to be completely certain here, you ACTUALLY believe that a human being can live to be 930????

ARE YOU MENTAL????

Upvote 0

nuttypiglet

Mar 23, 2012
✟15,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So just to be completely certain here, you ACTUALLY believe that a human being can live to be 930????

ARE YOU MENTAL????

Well in answer to your question, NO I do not think a human can live that long NOW. However, I do believe that the very first human probably could have. Perfect genes, perfect air to breath and higher oxygen content, no diseases yet formed to attack humans, no pesticides, no nuclear testing etc etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well in answer to your question, NO I do not think a human can live that long NOW. However, I do believe that the very first human probably could have. Perfect genes, perfect air to breath and higher oxygen content, no diseases yet formed to attack humans, no pesticides, no nuclear testing etc etc.

You would be better off just saying that it was a miracle. Your attempt at scientific explanations fail, hard. Humans live much longer today than they used to 200 years ago (and back then there were no pesticides, no nuclear testing, perfect air, etc.). A higher oxygen content would make us live even less.

P.S.: I am still waiting for those examples of evolutionary biology books with errors. Are you ready to admit they do not exist or will you keep bearing false witness?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟849,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I left this forum a while ago, but realised i left this thread up. So i'll just respond to what was posted briefly:

''Uhm okay, jesus walked on water. Go''

Most probably he walked on ice.

Some miracle that is.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Any evidence for any of these claims? Or are they just bare assertions . . . again?

Upvote 0

nuttypiglet

Mar 23, 2012
✟15,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any evidence for any of these claims? Or are they just bare assertions . . . again?

You really are out of touch aren't you. Didn't you read that air bubble in resin was analysed and found to be higher in oxygen concentration? Didn't you read research which concluded large dinosaurs would suffocate in the air of today due to lower oxygen? Where have you been for the last 10 years?

Upvote 0

FrenchyBearpaw

Take time for granite.
Jun 13, 2011
✟4,283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You really are out of touch aren't you. Didn't you read that air bubble in resin was analysed and found to be higher in oxygen concentration? Didn't you read research which concluded large dinosaurs would suffocate in the air of today due to lower oxygen? Where have you been for the last 10 years?

No, I didn't read that. Perhaps you could link to the study (not what creats. say about the study mind you, but the actual study)?

Upvote 0