Could dinosaurs have been purposely excluded from the Ark for some reason?

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't see any evidence of this in the Bible as all animals seemed to be brought on board but maybe I'm missing something. What do you think? Of course eggs could have been brought on board so the size of them isn't so much a consideration. They may have taken long periods of time to grow as well. Man lived over 900 years back then so maybe animals lived much longer too. It does follow after all though no one seems to talk about this. First born children often appeared much farther along in their lives than today so maybe everyone grew much slower. Can you imagine how much wiser you'd be if it took 9x longer to grow up??? 9x the life experience? Maybe this explains why the people around the tower of Babel area were so advanced. They did seem to do remarkable things with no history or past experience to draw from. Only a long lifespan would give them huge advantages over us today.

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
It is very possible that the dinosaurs were gone by the time the ark was finished. Some people think the population was rather large at the time perhaps even a billion people and some also consider that at that time there was only one large continent (Pangea) if these things were the norm at that time it is quite possible that the dinosaurs were all killed and used for materials and food. It is also possible that dinosaur babies were let lose from the ark and there was not yet enough food to support a decent size survivable population of them. One other logical conclusion is that dinosaurs had served their purpose and like countless millions of species now extinct he simply either wiped them out or allowed them to perish like the giant mastadon and saber tooth tigers.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's good to throw ideas out like this. Maybe the carnivores were indeed deemed too dangerous & were left off. (then although the herbivores were let on, eventually they died out after the Flood.) After all, murderers were obviously left off. Would God really see any more value in a T-Rex over human beings? Hmmm........

But most people think the carnivores were allowed on & were able to sustain populations off the ark at first & then eventually met their time like mastodons due to changes in climate.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟736,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't see any evidence of this in the Bible as all animals seemed to be brought on board but maybe I'm missing something. What do you think? Of course eggs could have been brought on board so the size of them isn't so much a consideration. They may have taken long periods of time to grow as well. Man lived over 900 years back then so maybe animals lived much longer too. It does follow after all though no one seems to talk about this. First born children often appeared much farther along in their lives than today so maybe everyone grew much slower. Can you imagine how much wiser you'd be if it took 9x longer to grow up??? 9x the life experience? Maybe this explains why the people around the tower of Babel area were so advanced. They did seem to do remarkable things with no history or past experience to draw from. Only a long lifespan would give them huge advantages over us today.

Well, if one believes the story of Noah's flood is meant to be taken literally (that's not an opinion I share), and if all living animals today are descended from those rescued animals on the ark, then dinosaurs certainly were on the ark. As there are still dinosaurs today.

Birds, it must be remembered, are dinosaurs.

The term "dinosaur" is used to describe a broad group of vertebrates, generally divided between the saurischian and ornithischian ("lizard-hipped" and "bird-hipped" respectively) dinosaurs. Fossil evidence has been pretty clear at this point that many, perhaps even most, dinosaurs had feathers. For example there is evidence of feathers on ceratopsian dinosaurs (those in the same family as triceratops), and a whole lot of evidence that therapod dinosaurs definitely had feathers. In fact some smaller therapods even had four wings, such as microraptor. Birds are simply therapod dinosaurs. They are highly derived therapod dinosaurs, in the same way that whales are highly derived mammals, but they are still therapod dinosaurs.

So, strictly speaking, there are still dinosaurs. We just call them birds.

Keep in mind, however, also that the issue of "dinosaurs on the ark" wouldn't be restricted to dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are just one group of animals that is now mostly extinct. There are entire orders of animals that are extinct, completely--like the pteranadons, the flying reptiles (which were not dinosaurs) or the various marine reptiles such as the ichthyosaurs and plesiosaurs (again, not dinosaurs). Also, mammals are the only surviving members of synapsids, a large order of animals that includes mammals but also many, many other kinds of animals, such as dimetrodon.

So the issue isn't merely "the dinosaurs", but it's a much bigger one: As there are an unknown number of kinds of animals that don't exist today, but definitely did live in the past. This only really becomes a problem, however, if one tries to force the biblical story of the flood and the modern fossil record together in a way that the divinely inspired biblical writers never intended.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As there are still dinosaurs today.

Birds, it must be remembered, are dinosaurs.

-CryptoLutheran
Crypto, calling a bird a dinosaur would be like calling an amphibian a fish. Totally different. Birds are not dinosaurs.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟736,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Crypto, calling a bird a dinosaur would be like calling an amphibian a fish. Totally different. Birds are not dinosaurs.

Except that birds are dinosaurs. Just like whales are mammals.

-CrptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-​

I believe they were not on the ark because they were like unto the nephilim.

A flat earther on this forum? Wow....that's weird. I love to hear their explanations for stuff. Its just beyond absurd and borders the mentally deranged. How about an eclipse? Its off to our side often. How does that work with a flat earth producing a curved shadow on the moon when its close to the horizon? (This should be rich!) You do realize the Earth is referred to as a sphere in Job?

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends, you could look at the account in creation that the first two verses speak of a time well before the 7 day creation. In that case, dinosaurs could have existed in a timeframe that modern science says they did and there is still no conflict with timelines.

Me personally? I don't put any thought or consideration into things like this because ultimately it doesn't matter. Just give me Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
A flat earther on this forum? Wow....that's weird. I love to hear their explanations for stuff. Its just beyond absurd and borders the mentally deranged. How about an eclipse? Its off to our side often. How does that work with a flat earth producing a curved shadow on the moon when its close to the horizon? (This should be rich!) You do realize the Earth is referred to as a sphere in Job?

Mentally deranged, huh wonder why you would want to spend your time writing back and forth with a mentally deranged person. So i will forgo you the embarrassment and not reply to your post.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Likely, the Flood wasn't a global event. And the story of it was written by a man on the boat. It wasn't written by a man viewing earth from the moon. There is no possibility of knowing the boundaries of the flood if you were in it. No person could know if every mountain was submerged and every land animal drowned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The dinosaurs were destroyed by an asteroid or comet hitting the earth that raised a dust cloud that cooled the earth. They were cold blooded and could not survive the Ice Age. Mammals and a few smaller reptiles survived.

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Likely, the Flood wasn't a global event. And the story of it was written by a man on the boat. It wasn't written by a man viewing earth from the moon.
That's not how it reads in the Bible. I go by the Bible. Better authenticity than any human.

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The dinosaurs were destroyed by an asteroid or comet hitting the earth that raised a dust cloud that cooled the earth. They were cold blooded and could not survive the Ice Age. Mammals and a few smaller reptiles survived.
And where were humans when this happened? Are you an old Earth believer?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's not how it reads in the Bible. I go by the Bible. Better authenticity than any human.
It reads as if it was written by humans, edited by humans, and translated by humans.
But I was told the same thing and believed it as well.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And where were humans when this happened? Are you an old Earth believer?
I favor an old earth creation theory based on fossil evidence and radiometric dating; plus evidence of God’s omnipotence and creative powers.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,168,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because the dinosaurs were long dead, i think from when God chose a just right asteroid to make them into carrion and compost.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They got the date wrong.
dinosaurs-noahs-ark-oh-crap-today.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I favor an old earth creation theory based on fossil evidence and radiometric dating; plus evidence of God’s omnipotence and creative powers.
So what do the 6 days of Creation in Genesis mean to you? Remember, each day had an evening and morning.

Upvote 0