Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I just wanted to congratulate you all on getting a place where you can discuss issues relating to your Church and faith without having to fend off attacks.

:thumbsup:

:hug: Come often, ksen! Maybe you'll be able to learn something from us!:p

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We don't have to fend off attacks here? Really? What happened? Could you mention that to those who call us heterodox, schismatics, not Catholic, etc?

Let them! YOU know what you are, and God knows - no more approval needed, in my mind! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rochir

Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Good Day,

Yes congrats....

I thought would never see the day, I was happy to have some Liberal Catholics on the team's staff.

This is too cool.

In Him,

Bill

Spread the news, and tell good! :) Welcome!

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you Ksen.

I am sad in a way that this forum is necessary, but I am glad that it is here. Despite the valiant efforts of nyj and JeffreyLloyd to be accomadating to liberals in OBOB, this (sub)forum became necessary, due to the constant, for lack of a better word, abusive speech of some of the other members of OBOB. We are told that we are excommunicated, not Catholic, bad Catholics, etc. Why would we want to stay in a house where we are not wanted? And that does not mean that we have left the Catholic church.
OBOB is an organization of lay Catholics, not the church. It does not follow that we have left the church simply because we no longer choose to identify with a group of lay Catholics. We simply want an area to discuss things with like minded individuals, or debate those that disagree with us on our own terms.
If the OBOB staff wanted to talk with us and work things out as brothers and sisters in the Church, maybe we could work to a point where this forum is not necessary, but I don't see that happening yet, and sadly it may never happen.

As liberals, we love our Catholic church and do not wish to leave, not do we wish to destroy it, as we are accused of doing. In my mind at least, what we want are answers, not decrees. We want to know why a certain teaching is taught, and we would like to work it out till we understand it. There should be more of an interaction between the heirarchy and the laity. We deserve more than, "because I said so" We want to know why or be shown exactly how we are wrong. In the Bible, Jacob wrestled with God and said to Him, I will not let you go unless you bless me. Liberals say the same to the heirarchy.

Upvote 0

Rochir

Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you Ksen.

I am sad in a way that this forum is necessary, but I am glad that it is here. Despite the valiant efforts of nyj and JeffreyLloyd to be accomadating to liberals in OBOB, this (sub)forum became necessary, due to the constant, for lack of a better word, abusive speech of some of the other members of OBOB. We are told that we are excommunicated, not Catholic, bad Catholics, etc. Why would we want to stay in a house where we are not wanted? And that does not mean that we have left the Catholic church.
OBOB is an organization of lay Catholics, not the church. It does not follow that we have left the church simply because we no longer choose to identify with a group of lay Catholics. We simply want an area to discuss things with like minded individuals, or debate those that disagree with us on our own terms.
If the OBOB staff wanted to talk with us and work things out as brothers and sisters in the Church, maybe we could work to a point where this forum is not necessary, but I don't see that happening yet, and sadly it may never happen.

As liberals, we love our Catholic church and do not wish to leave, not do we wish to destroy it, as we are accused of doing. In my mind at least, what we want are answers, not decrees. We want to know why a certain teaching is taught, and we would like to work it out till we understand it. There should be more of an interaction between the heirarchy and the laity. We deserve more than, "because I said so" We want to know why or be shown exactly how we are wrong. In the Bible, Jacob wrestled with God and said to Him, I will not let you go unless you bless me. Liberals say the same to the heirarchy.

Welcome!:wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.