Coming out of Madness.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being lost is a state of madness. It is the insanity perpetrated by the darkness inflicted on all men by the god of this world, the devil.

Ecclesiastes 7:25 KJV
25 I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things,
and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness:

Ecclesiastes 9:3 KJV
3 This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea,
also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live
and after that they go to the dead.

2 Peter 2:15-16 KJV
15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor,
who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

The prodigal son was said to be out of his mind, and when he "came to himself," that realization ignited repentance within his heart.

Luke 15:17 KJV
17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

Those who crucified our Lord were out of their minds, in darkness, and filled with madness.

Luke 23:34 KJV
34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Acts 3:14-17 KJV
14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea,
the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.

Luke 23:33-34 KJV
33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors,
one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

1 Timothy 1:13 KJV
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

John 12:38-40 KJV
38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report?
and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart,
and be converted, and I should heal them.

2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ,
who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

In this state of madness, people are lost in the darkness and cannot believe. Repentance is the realization, the "coming to your self" and right mind. You see your state, and flee back to the Father, humble and broken, offering nothing, desiring only to become a servant.