• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Close to suicide.

LovesOurLord

Jun 19, 2018
Denver
✟23,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I just want to say a big thank you for everyone that took the time and effort to try and help me. Yes I’m fine. Some of the replies really really helped. I appreciate you!

Good to hear brother. What you're going through is also just a natural part of the adjustment into adult life. All too many adults never adjust, so don't feel like an idiot. We feel grief because we love, and loving is a good thing. Maintaining perspective is a good thing. Sometimes I still have to remind myself, and I'm 48.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,066,900.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just want to say a big thank you for everyone that took the time and effort to try and help me. Yes I’m fine. Some of the replies really really helped. I appreciate you!

I'm glad you're ok. :hug:

Upvote 0

Arthur B Via

Art
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟86,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
On January 23rd. 2005 the manager and buyer of one of my retail stores -stole -my 1.2 million dollar retirement. (NO exaggeration!!!) He spent one (1)day in jail and the local news paper put the story on the front page of the business section as the largest theft in the city's history. He stole 25+ years of my honest efforts, then walked away free on a technicality. I lost my mind, but knew we have a God of consistent love and all He does, or allows will eventually work out for good. Suicide prevents a person from seeing and experiencing the good God WILL bring out of our heartbreak. I've lost 7 people to suicide and all It accomplishes is severe pain for those left to ponder and wonder why. Something good will always come friend. We just need to be here for when it does... God bless you...

Reactions: LovesOurLord
Upvote 0

LovesOurLord

Jun 19, 2018
Denver
✟23,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
On January 23rd. 2005 the manager and buyer of one of my retail stores -stole -my 1.2 million dollar retirement. (NO exaggeration!!!)

What a horror. In such cases, I pray that God punish them according to their deeds.

Upvote 0