Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
One of my high school English textbooks had "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" by Johnathan Edwards as a literary classic
One of my fav's of all time. The God that kills people by Barnard was another.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟577,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I came to appreciate Edwards a good bit more through I class I took at Regent University (not the Regent in Vancouver where J.I. Packer taught for ages, the one run by the televangelist Pat Robertson in Virginia Beach). One of the books for the class proposed that Edwards had realized his pneumatology was deficient but he never quite arrived at a solution to the problem. But the book was quite sympathetic to him and we were assigned a number of interesting additional readings from his corpus for that unit.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟758,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I came to appreciate Edwards a good bit more through I class I took at Regent University (not the Regent in Vancouver where J.I. Packer taught for ages, the one run by the televangelist Pat Robertson in Virginia Beach). One of the books for the class proposed that Edwards had realized his pneumatology was deficient but he never quite arrived at a solution to the problem. But the book was quite sympathetic to him and we were assigned a number of interesting additional readings from his corpus for that unit.
There is a Jonathon Edward's study Bible in the works. Looks interesting.

Upvote 0