Tell your story and change a life
Feb 8, 2008
Midwest
✟19,275.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure about the rest of you, but I really miss being able to sit with my husband during service. I just hate sitting by myself…well, not by myself, but without my husband. I want to share that time with him. It makes me both happy and sad to see other couples holding hands and worshiping together. Maybe I’m just being selfish.

dancingwithhim

Oct 12, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You aren't being selfish at all. It is a desire of yours to see him there and experience that time with him.

My husband and I started going to church together when we got married, and then something happened with him, spiritually, and he quit going. He was on the verge of totally walking away from the Lord. (this was an 8 year span) I prayed and prayed for him and encouraged him. I didn't beg him to come to church. I would read my Bible in our room when he was busy doing other things, and he would come in from time to time and see me reading. (Later, he said that he admired that in me) On many nights, I cried out to the Lord to grab a hold of his heart. One day, I visited a different church (the one that we are going to now) and kept telling him about how awesome the services were. I still wasn't asking him to go (well, one or 2 times I did, but I didn't nag him). He decided to go with me and the whole service, God ministered to him. God answered my prayers that Sunday morning. From then on out, he has been a different man.

Pray for your husband. Let him be who he is, but keep on doing what you are doing in your walk with the Lord and that will encourage him, even if he doesn't say anything or maybe he might talk down to you for it. In his heart, will admire your faith in the Lord. Keep on going to church and the daily change in your (that occures in every believer as we walk with the Lord) will effect him.

I don't know your situation, but God does and He will do what He can to get your husband's attention.

Upvote 0
S

Sushi614

Well, that's what I figured you were refering to, LOL. I totally feel for you. My hubby plays the keyboards at church. But fortunately since I sing, I'm up there with him. But my MIL is the Pastor's wife and she (of course) never gets to sit with him. Our sound man spends his time up in the booth. So his wife started helping as an usher so she would feel more productive and less lonely, LOL. For the time being I would say just rejoice in the ministry your hubby is being a part of. It is better that he plays an active part than to be like a lot of others hubbies who just sit in the chair with their arms crossed barely paying any attention to anything, ya know. Maybe you will find the courage to branch out and use your "away time" to meet some new people and welcome the visitors. Just think, you can sit where ever you want, with whom ever you want! LOL

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I've been there ...done that ....My wife is a "siamese twin" to my pastors wife....I sit alone , and drive to and back from church alone....it gets a bit old some times....we all need to be "wanted, needed, and appreciated"...

she does her thing and I do mine...at present, they are 2 different things and different directions...I ask ^^^Him to provide grace, mercy, and meet my needs...
and take another step on faith
animated_icon01.gif

Upvote 0

1megpie

Apr 11, 2006
✟15,155.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
My husband is a pastor and I miss sitting with him in church sometimes too. At times, our district and conference have special services for clergy and when he is not doing music at that type of event, we get to sit together. We are talking about finding a church that we could attend every now and then (Wednesday nights, or Saturday nights) so we could just worship and not worry about him having to lead a service.

Upvote 0

VioletWonders

Jul 25, 2010
california
✟7,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I feel the same way when i go to church with my boyfriend. It's not selfish. It's normal for people to want to be close and share an experience like church together. You don't give him a hard time about it. You seem like you just understand he's doing his job to help God. that's all thats importent =)

Upvote 0