• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Christian Comprehensive Guide to Quitting a Habit

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A very nice share mate! I really enjoyed reading this guide. Very in depth one and just wanted to share with you guys history of drug addiction in Canada, hope you guys will be interested to check it out.
Thanks for the share. I am a retired addictions psychologist and I was impressed that the clinic uses
Motivational Interviewing
As the name implies, the Motivational Method encourages people to become motivated to change the behaviours that are causing them harm, in this case alcohol and drug abuse. It can also ease them into other forms of therapy once they have “bought into” the idea getting better. The Motivational Method is also helpful for people who are angry or hostile as they may not be ready to commit to big changes at once but it can help guide them through small steps and stages until they are emotionally ready to be motivated for great change.
It took years for MI to be accepted in the US and there is still push back.

Upvote 0