Marital Status
Married
I have a new book... well 4 actually...
Three fun books by Victor Canning,
Mr Finchley discovers his England
Mr Finchley discovers Paris
Mr Finchley takes the Road.
All gentle humour and leisurely.
The fourth book is a Christian book by Dr Bill Hamon, Seventy Reasons for speaking in tongues. Very interesting, :)

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

Rugged Cross

Jun 18, 2020
Orkney Islands
✟21,178.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK - SNP
I've been listening to the First Minister, she's easing more of the lock down rules which is great for most. I belong to the shielded group so advised to stay restricted til 31 July:sigh:

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,626,359.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I've been listening to the First Minister, she's easing more of the lock down rules which is great for most. I belong to the shielded group so advised to stay restricted til 31 July:sigh:
It isn't too long, time flies. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟795,870.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
That must be hard and I hope that the time will seem to pass quickly - I can't believe that we are nearly at the end of June already! Can you go into the garden? I appreciate that it is not the same as getting out though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rugged Cross

Jun 18, 2020
Orkney Islands
✟21,178.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK - SNP
That must be hard and I hope that the time will seem to pass quickly - I can't believe that we are nearly at the end of June already! Can you go into the garden? I appreciate that it is not the same as getting out though.
Thankfully, yes not too big but big enough for a good stretch of the legs. Yes, I can hardly believe that we are nearly into July, half the year already down. It's true what your parents said about time going faster the older you get.

Upvote 0

Rugged Cross

Jun 18, 2020
Orkney Islands
✟21,178.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK - SNP
Had one of those happy nostalgic days, there was little to do (what's new at the moment). so, to pass the time I watched some old TV programmes from my childhood days - Z Cars, Emergency Ward 10, Dixon of Dock Green, plus cartoons you no longer see these days - Deputy Dawg, Huckleberry Fin and loads of other stuff.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,626,359.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Had one of those happy nostalgic days, there was little to do (what's new at the moment). so, to pass the time I watched some old TV programmes from my childhood days - Z Cars, Emergency Ward 10, Dixon of Dock Green, plus cartoons you no longer see these days - Deputy Dawg, Huckleberry Fin and loads of other stuff.
Plenty of memories in your list!
I like Tom and Jerry...
he he, this is a favourite of mine...

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟795,870.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
What a nice day. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the old programmes. Where were they: on the internet, TV, DVD? I loved Dixon of Dock Green, also Dr Finlay's Casebook - the one with Bill Simpson and Andrew Cruikshank. I'm getting nostalgic now! Do you remember something called the White Heather Club?

Plenty of memories in your list!
I like Tom and Jerry...
he he, this is a favourite of mine...
Very funny and clever how the music never stops.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟795,870.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Thankfully, yes not too big but big enough for a good stretch of the legs. Yes, I can hardly believe that we are nearly into July, half the year already down. It's true what your parents said about time going faster the older you get.
Definitely, but isn't it funny how it slows down when you're bored or waiting for a bus and speeds up when you're really busy or running late! :D

Your comment reminds me of this :):

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My son is in the shielding group. He has been walking the dog very late at night when no one else is about. He's a little worried about going back to shops again, even though he's fed up with the negative aspects of online supermarket shopping, eg. them replacing items with something totally unrelated.

That song the Gaithers etc. were singing reminds me of a poem an uncle of mine recited one time in the Quaker Meeting where my family worshipped when I was a child. The only words I can remember are 'time gone', which come at the very end of the poem, but it talks about how time goes very slowly when you're young, but gets quicker and quicker as you get older.

Must see if I can find any of those old tv shows. One of my earliest memories of a tv show was Mr Pastry on a Saturday afternoon.

Gillian

Upvote 0

Rugged Cross

Jun 18, 2020
Orkney Islands
✟21,178.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK - SNP
My son is in the shielding group. He has been walking the dog very late at night when no one else is about. He's a little worried about going back to shops again, even though he's fed up with the negative aspects of online supermarket shopping, eg. them replacing items with something totally unrelated.

That song the Gaithers etc. were singing reminds me of a poem an uncle of mine recited one time in the Quaker Meeting where my family worshipped when I was a child. The only words I can remember are 'time gone', which come at the very end of the poem, but it talks about how time goes very slowly when you're young, but gets quicker and quicker as you get older.

Must see if I can find any of those old tv shows. One of my earliest memories of a tv show was Mr Pastry on a Saturday afternoon.

Gillian

I have every sympathy with your son, I am one of the group. I go for walks. But I worry about when the lock-down eases more, especially seeing as Orkney rely a lot on the tourist trade. We have just started online shopping ourselves, I find it just exhausting at times as going into Tesco's itself.

I, too have been watching those early programmes, mostly the children's progs but what the heck, it's only my wife who seen me return to being a child^_^.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟795,870.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced

I have every sympathy with your son, I am one of the group. I go for walks. But I worry about when the lock-down eases more, especially seeing as Orkney rely a lot on the tourist trade. We have just started online shopping ourselves, I find it just exhausting at times as going into Tesco's itself.
I feel for those in the shielding group. I'm not, but I'm not far off 70 and am not keen on shopping when it is busy; I tend to go to Tesco about 7pm or just call in local shops for things I need between my fortnightly deliveries. The delivery slots are easier to get now, than in the earlier days of the pandemic, and I find that less items are being substituted than before. I hope your son manages to shop okay, online or in person, Gillian and that you're not affected (or infected) by the tourists Rugged Cross. :prayer:

Oh, I'd forgotten all about Mr Pastry until you mentioned him, but now I remembered having seen his programme!

I, too have been watching those early programmes, mostly the children's progs but what the heck, it's only my wife who seen me return to being a child^_^
I think I'm doing that too!

Upvote 0