Discussion Chi and Ki, where does it come from, what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryeh

Dec 4, 2016
Los Angeles
✟21,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What about the human spirit/breath alone?

That is what I meant by the body. All of us have inherent chi/ki, and potential.

Most all of us do NOT know how to control this, or if we do know we don't know how to do it properly as to not cause damage to self, or others.

Very few people know how to do it with limited damage to self. These people are usually "masters."

In my opinion, I don't think any human will do well trying to tap into this. The field you disturb to manipulate ki may introduce much more terror.

When Christ comes back, He will teach us how to do it the right way so that we have zero damage to anything (unless we want it.) I know there are trades, groups, arts and people that can and do manipulate ki - even well.

Those still don't know the fullness of the energies they are dealing with. It can be extremely dangerous.

Upvote 0

Edwardhall

May 1, 2023
Punjab
✟8,211.00
Country
Pakistan
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Private
Chi (also known as Qi) is an ancient concept that has been an integral part of Chinese culture for centuries. It is a vital energy that flows through all living things and is said to be responsible for our physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.

The secret of Chi lies in the belief that it is the force that keeps our bodies functioning properly. According to traditional Chinese medicine, Chi flows through channels or meridians in the body, and when these channels become blocked, it can result in illness or disease. Therefore, the aim of many traditional Chinese therapies is to unblock and balance the flow of Chi in the body.

Practices such as Tai Chi, Qi Gong, and acupuncture are all based on the concept of Chi. Tai Chi and Qi Gong are forms of moving meditation that involves slow, deliberate movements designed to improve the flow of Chi in the body. Acupuncture, on the other hand, involves inserting fine needles into specific points along the meridians to stimulate the flow of Chi.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First off, Qi is not something spiritual. Yet, nor is it physical. I do not think there has been any scientific verification of it. It come sunder pseudoscience. If someone works with Qi or develops Qi it is more like practicing piano or a sport. You develop.

Second, spirituality has to do with our own motives, generosity, and love. It is about who or what we value and, trust and commit ourselves to.
Can someone be Christian and commit themselves to running? Sure. But can they also make running the center and priority of their lives pushing God out. Sure.

So Qi, as in Tai Chi, yoga or aikido is not in itself demonic. How we respond to it, how we value it and the priority we give it is where we need to be careful.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reiki is another application of Qi.

Conclusion:
In conclusion, the evidence is insufficient to suggest that reiki is an effective treatment for any condition. Therefore the value of reiki remains unproven.

That is not to say that Tai Chi and Chi Gongs or even yoga have no value.

A Comprehensive Review of Health Benefits of Qigong and Tai Chi​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@GoldenKingGaze hmm, interesting, I think it helps clear the air when you call it Pneumatology, good find Golden. :)
It may be an interesting book of comparative religions but if we associate Qi with the Holy Spirit we must personalize it and I think that is a big mistake. It may be something very subtle that science cannot yet detect and maybe it would be easy to just think of it as "spirit" then. But it seem too impersonal to me if we can work with it, develop it, channel it, get it flowing and all that.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟896,512.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It may be an interesting book of comparative religions but if we associate Qi with the Holy Spirit we must personalize it and I think that is a big mistake. It may be something very subtle that science cannot yet detect and maybe it would be easy to just think of it as "spirit" then. But it seem too impersonal to me if we can work with it, develop it, channel it, get it flowing and all that.
If Qi exists, it's like you say not personal, but more like "electricity" gets the "engine" going. I won't be too quick to be judgmental about it, but as far as I see, we are to be careful so we don't find ourself where we don't want to be.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,169.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people practice Chi, or Tai Chi, in Japan it is called Ki, and there is Aikido, the way of Ki, what is Chi, where does it come from?
I know a few Christians from Asia and mainly they advise to be wary of things that come from eastern religions. They may seem harmless, but even Satan can masquerade as an angel of light. God Bless You :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟255,099.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I know a few Christians from Asia and mainly they advise to be wary of things that come from eastern religions. They may seem harmless, but even Satan can masquerade as an angel of light. God Bless You :)
There is a demon under every stone. But God is greater and His grace is near the Asians. We all have guardian angels. Discerning the spirits takes a gift and yes we must be careful of being deceived. Certain principles apply, we best not receive prayer from Buddhist monks. Evil spirits need permission or an opening to get in. Concepts surrounding good things may be faulted.

I do not think we all have a snake spirit at the base of our spines. I think ki is part of our natural inner self, spirit or latent soul power.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Some people practice Chi, or Tai Chi, in Japan it is called Ki, and there is Aikido, the way of Ki, what is Chi, where does it come from?
People try to understand spiritual activities in the human body and assign names to it.

It has nothing to do with scripture and truth, it is the world and it's ideas.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟405,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated