Chess: The greatest games ever played! Discuss and learn - move by move!

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,270,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
One thing that following alot of computer chess has taught me, it has actually allowed me to let go of castling early. Yes, it can really work, even though it goes against the ancient wisdom that castling early is important. It turns out, this is not always the case.

I finally beat my dad a few years ago at a game, my playing level is probably around 1400 or so.

My favorite chess program to use is Chessmaster, even though the engine is not so powerful as it once was, even with multiple cores, it doesn't have as much chess knowledge.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
One thing that following alot of computer chess has taught me, it has actually allowed me to let go of castling early. Yes, it can really work, even though it goes against the ancient wisdom that castling early is important. It turns out, this is not always the case.

I finally beat my dad a few years ago at a game, my playing level is probably around 1400 or so.

My favorite chess program to use is Chessmaster, even though the engine is not so powerful as it once was, even with multiple cores, it doesn't have as much chess knowledge. But it is a tactical beast.

That's good to know. Thanks.

And congrats!! :D

Upvote 0

Lion IRC

Sep 10, 2012
✟19,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because otherwise you cannot win. You must administer "Checkmate" in order to win. If not, it is a tie. The computer is not cheating, but you are trying to play by your own rules instead of the rules of chess. :wave:

Not to be pedantic but you can also win on time or by forfeit. :p

Upvote 0