Discussion Changed in the twinkling of an eye?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟253,667.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
In this passage below, is Paul telling of salvation, sanctification or glorification in the twinkling of an eye? Doesn't sanctification take time and obedience through trials and tests?

NKJV 1 Corinthians 15:47-54.
47The first man was of the earth, madehttps://biblehub.com/nkjv/1_corinthians/15.htm#footnotes of dust; the second Man is [j]the Lord from heaven. 48As was the [k]man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we[l] shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

Our Final Victory​

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I tell you a [m]mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟914,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In this passage below, is Paul telling of salvation, sanctification or glorification in the twinkling of an eye? Doesn't sanctification take time and obedience through trials and tests?

NKJV 1 Corinthians 15:47-54.
47The first man was of the earth, made1 Corinthians 15 NKJV of dust; the second Man is [j]the Lord from heaven. 48As was the [k]man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we[l] shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

Our Final Victory

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I tell you a [m]mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
I have always taken Paul's reference to a " twinkle of an eye" to refer to the ressurection of all humanity for judgment. Blessings.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟253,667.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I have always taken Paul's reference to a " twinkle of an eye" to refer to the ressurection of all humanity for judgment. Blessings.
What does Paul mean by "changed"?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟914,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From corruptible to incorruptible.
Corinthians 15:53-55 KJV
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Immortal resurrection body...truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,988.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't sanctification take time and obedience through trials and tests?

Yes it does.

What are those trials and tests?

Who is going to the enter the kingdom of heaven?

Well, the kingdom of heaven is here on Earth. Jesus will establish it on his return. No Christians will be around to greet Jesus when he arrives, except some small groups hiding out in the wilderness. I'm thinking the numbers will only be in the thousands, if that. They all got wiped out in the harvests (big wars) and via the mark of the beast.

You know the rich won't enter the kingdom of heaven, right? Except, who is rich? People from rich lands - the West. Harvests are going to take out the West, and they will start with America. Just read the news to know that that is near.

If you want to sit around and be a lazy servant, then you will be killed by the harvests. You are expected to get out of the way. Welcome to the parable of the talents in Matthew 25.

So you made it through the harvests by dumb luck. Now what?

Now you have the fake bridegroom (fake Jesus, false prophet) to avoid and the mark of the beast. Will you be fooled? This is more Matthew 25 stuff in the parable of the wise and foolish virgins.

Matthew 25 kind of lays out what to expect, but as usual it is difficult to understand. There is a reason that prophecy is hard. It is punishment. If you knew the truth, you wouldn't believe it. So what little you could have gotten has now been hidden.

A few Christians will make it through everything without death, but not many.

Luke 9:27 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”

Yes, that verse is confusing because it sounds like he is talking about the people there at the time. He's actually talking about Christians alive today.

All the other Christians making into the kingdom of heaven were killed for refusing the mark of the beast.

Those are your trials and tests.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟286,413.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The explanation of the verse lies in the verse.

52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

At the last trumpet.

Yes, we are new creations at the moment of salvation, but we are also admonished to walk in discarding the old nature throughout scripture as well.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟253,667.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The OP passage seems to only mention the body. It would be hard to live until Christ returns I agree, they need the power of His blood... The blood of Jesus also sanctifies.

Normally people are changed over time, even in paradise, and on judgment day, Jesus mentions the parable of the workers in the vineyard, some produce the evil eye and become the least in Heaven, even with rewards. Matthew 20:1-16.

I think even Moses is not yet glorified, but sanctified. Hebrews 11:40.

Last edited:
Upvote 0