Ceremony?

Pope Gonzo

Jul 14, 2003
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟16,540.00
Faith
Christian
So what do you guys want in your ceremony? I was at three weddings this past summer and a couple of them were REALLY long.

For our ceremony, we want things to go quickly. Not hurried, but not drawn out. Basic nice walk-in, pastor opens in prayer, song, Bible reading, picture slideshow of the two of us growing up then together, pastor speaks, vows, he marries us, then presents us. That's the quick version ;)

*heidi*

May 10, 2004
Australia
Visit site
✟15,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm amazed out how into the planning of your wedding you are Pope Gonzo! It's great to see a guy into it so much! I hope my HTB is into it as much as you are when the time comes. (*heidi* wonders how she can stop herself from taking over control too much...)

Anyway, I've only been two 2 weddings in my life and they were too long ago to remember so i have no idea what is normally in a wedding.

I want my ceremony to be concise, yet meaningful. People falling asleep is not good. Also, I want it to have a strong spirital element, prayer, bible reading, praise and worship songs and a message about God and how good He is, maybe communion too. It will be a really good time for my non-christian extended family to hear about God. It'll be one of the few times they go into a church. Oh yeh, so it will be in a church, not in a garden or something. That will also give us a stronger sense that God will be playing a big part in the marriage.

Upvote 0

ps34_18

Randomly Thinking
Sep 11, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
✟8,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want the ceremony to be simple, but meaningful. We're having it in the backyard of my parent's house to start. I'd like to walk down the aisle to guitar music instead of piano or organ (those slightly difficult to manage outside anyway). I don't want a long ceremony with lots of singing and a drawn out message...I've had to sit through too many of those...and preferably the message would be directed at us and be not so much a theological dissertation directed at everyone there (been through that too...not so personal).

Upvote 0

JillLars

It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07
Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I want our wedding ceremony to be about 1/2 hour long. I am sure that our pastor will know what to do for his sermon, he is a very well spoken man and he knows Josh and I well. We don't want anyone to sing during our ceremony (something my mom doesn't agree with). I guess I just don't know anyone who I would really want to sing, and I don't want to hire someone that I don't know (I feel like that makes it less personal). I also feel like that takes the focus away from what's going on at the time (lighting the Unity Candle in our case). We are just going to go with piano and guitar music for the ceremony.

Upvote 0

Snowy

Jesus, You're all this heart is living for.
Jul 16, 2003
✟30,502.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lets see

first I don't want a big fancy wedding
second I don't want the cermony to be a long drawn out process either
third I only want close family and friends thier
fourth I want the wedding to start early and the reception to be over by atleast 6:00 P.M.

for my maidren of honor I want my sister to be it
my two brides maids would be my sister-in-law and Josh's cousin Megan

and Josh says he wants dustydot23 to be is best man
my brother to be one of his groomsmen and one of his other cousins

so then Dustin(brother-in-law...Josh's best friend) and Tina(sister) would be maidren of honor and best man
David(brother) and Tammy(sister-in-law) bridesmaid and groommen
Megan and blank(don't know name..both Josh's cousins...Megan is my best friend!) to be groommen and bridesmaid

Upvote 0

Cright

Veteran
Apr 18, 2004
SE Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟17,849.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I actually have things planned out pretty good on what I want.. of couse the pastor who will be marrying us will obviously want some say in this too! haha

So I'll have to present my ideas to him. John too of course as he hasn't see my plans yet either. Mostly because they're in my head... I have to get them on paper and show him! :)

Our wedding party will be pretty average I guess.

Me - John
sis E - John's Friend (MOH and BM)
sis A - other friend
friend S - other friend
friend E - other friend

John hasn't decided on who will be his best man yet.

Nor have we asked any of our attendants to stand up for us so I guess this could still all change.. we want to know WHEN we'll be getting married and apx costs for gowns ext before we ask so that we can approach them with all the information at once.

Hugs all!
Carina

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I want:

Byron Bay Lighthouse www.byron-bay.com/byronbay/lighthouse.html
My minister (Captain from the Salvation Army)
No bridesmaid/groomsmen - just our two best friends as witnesses (a husband and wife)

Ceremony Specifics

At the start, to acknowledge our parents (I don't want anyone to walk me down the aisle), I would like our minister to open in prayer, and have our parents stand with us as that point, with acknowledgement of their raising of us, and support of the marriage.

I want to walk down the aisle to 'Even When I'm Sleeping' by Leonardo's Bride

I would like to have a 'foot washing ceremony' during it (we wash each other's feet)

I would write my own vows

Whilst we sign the registry, have 2 worship songs (we move to the front and sing with everyone during the second)

At the end, before being announced, have the minister ask everyone attending to come forward as a sign of support whilst he prays - a prayer of encouragement and of support and to strengthen our marriage

Walk back down the aisle to the Theme from Gladiator

It's pretty original - the idea of having the friends come up at the end was one I saw at a wedding, but it was an idea I've had for a couple of years.

And I'd prefer only having about 50 friends, barefoot, and entertaining (I've seen our minister conduct ceremonies before, and he is GREAT at it)...

Upvote 0

ps34_18

Randomly Thinking
Sep 11, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
✟8,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...I forgot some details...

We'd like to do communion together after we've signed the register...just the two of us...I've seen this done and it was really cool. We think it's kind of a good way to start off our life as a married couple together, and has increased significance because our entire relationship started when we went to see The Passion. (long story...)

I'd also like to have us go barefoot...kind of symbolic the "standing on holy ground" thing...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bowling Pin

Jul 21, 2004
VA
✟15,243.00
Faith
Anglican
We are Episcopalian, so our service will be formal and from the Book of Common Prayer. We are not having the Eucharist, though, since no one but us in our family is Episcopal, they would likely not want to take it not knowing the "drill". Our wedding is on a Monday, so we'll go to church the day before and get Eucharist from the minister with the normal congregation.
For music we are having a lot of Christmas carols. My fiance is going to sing the hymn "Love Came Down at Christmas" during our service.

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I want a quick wedding. None of that hour and a half long stuff where 3 friends sing 3 different songs, long speaches, saying vows and then sitting down to hear 3 more friends sing 3 more songs, etc... And what ever happened with geting in the car and that's it? Then after that, it's a 6 hour long party that lasts late into the night and then when I'm finaly in the hotel room with my new wife, were both too tired to DO it!!!

Upvote 0