Dec 29, 2013
✟351,261.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If you mean Captain America specifically, they have announced a Captain America 4. But the only real detail we have is that it stars Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson. No other cast, no title, not even a ballpark release date. If you mean Marvel in general, the next MCU movie is Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which comes out in May. The next show on Disney+ is Moon Knight which comes out at the end of March.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟937,467.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Anyone know which one comes next? I have so many similar and there were so many spinoffs. Shield incompases what? Seems like they've lumped a bunch together, yikes!

(I'm assuming you are talking about the recent series of Marvel films staring Chris Evans).

If you just want to know about Captain America story line you can watch this series:
Captain America: The First Avenger
Marvel's The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame

Now the issue will be that there are lots and lots of characters who you won't know the context for, but it should make a reasonable amount of sense.

For the full context you would want to watch the full list of twenty something films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟364,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
(I'm assuming you are talking about the recent series of Marvel films staring Chris Evans).

If you just want to know about Captain America story line you can watch this series:
Marvel's The Avengers

Now the issue will be that there are lots and lots of characters who you won't know the context for, but it should make a reasonable amount of sense.

For the full context you would want to watch the full list of twenty something films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
I think you answered my question. I watched an old captain America. I don't know if it is the first one. I guess I need to find out which one and then go to your list. I have a Mish mash of similar movies nothing recent but I kind of wanted to watch then in order.
Thanks for putting that list together. My only complaint with these movies is if I turn the sound up where I can understand what they are saying the action noise is too loud. Theyare also very dark for some reason. Maybe they make them with the theater in mind.
Thanks again:)

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With the advent of the "multiverse", anything can happen at any time. Kind of ruined it for me. Nothing matters because everything can be made to be unreal. The last Spiderman is a good example. Almost silly.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟937,467.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
With the advent of the "multiverse", anything can happen at any time. Kind of ruined it for me. Nothing matters because everything can be made to be unreal. The last Spiderman is a good example. Almost silly.
That's fair and has been an ongoing problem in comic books and sci-fi tv shows for decades.

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟937,467.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I think you answered my question. I watched an old captain America. I don't know if it is the first one. I guess I need to find out which one and then go to your list. I have a Mish mash of similar movies nothing recent but I kind of wanted to watch then in order.
Thanks for putting that list together. My only complaint with these movies is if I turn the sound up where I can understand what they are saying the action noise is too loud. Theyare also very dark for some reason. Maybe they make them with the theater in mind.
Thanks again:)
These are all from the modern comic book movie series that started in 2008 with Iron Man.

I agree with the sound and light problems with modern big budget films. Often I find the sound at a reasonable level and sub titles one so I don't miss the muttered talking can help.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That’s an interesting take. Why does nothing matter because of the multiverse?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟937,467.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
The problem isn't for the characters in particular, but for our engagement as an audience.

If every choice and possibility is just another possible universe, then nothing really matters as it's just one example of uncountable, near identical versions of the same story.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In storytelling theory, we have to get logically and emotionally invested in the characters.
Then you are jolted into the reality that the story is not real. The characters are not real. It is only one angle of an infinite number of characters and universes and possibilities. It turns into a big pot of nothing is real. All that emotional involvement, the part that makes the story enjoyable, disappears.
Just my take.
Peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
These are all from the modern comic book movie series that started in 2008 with Iron Man.

I agree with the sound and light problems with modern big budget films. Often I find the sound at a reasonable level and sub titles one so I don't miss the muttered talking can help.
Ha ha, I do the exact same.

I found the action in the latest Spider-Man WAY too choppy. I couldn't make sense of any of the fights. Especially w/ Doctor Octopus & Sandman. I did like the story/plot, however, just the action scenes were nigh incomprehensible to me.

I also agree: I like superhero stuff, but multiple canons are usually an issue for me. Just can't get as attached to it b/c there should only be ONE canon. If something happens in a story, you can't just re-set everything to zero in the next one.

• Agree
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟364,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's nice to see the agreement on the sound, and darkness. I thought it might be me or bad dvd's:)
Maybe i should list all of my dvd's that are similar and let you all put them in order for me:)
Thanks for all the helpful info!

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟937,467.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
What position is Guardians of the Galaxy?
If it is one of the many.
Thanks!

Here are all the films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (the ones with the Guardians in are bold):

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Marvel's The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Captain Marvel
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Black Widow
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Eternals
Spider-Man: No Way Home

Now you can watch Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 without any other context and you'll have fun... but I think it will be hard to follow Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame without seeing a bunch of the other films.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟364,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here are all the films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (the ones with the Guardians in are bold):

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Marvel's The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Captain Marvel
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Black Widow
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Eternals
Spider-Man: No Way Home

Now you can watch Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 without any other context and you'll have fun... but I think it will be hard to follow Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame without seeing a bunch of the other films.
Oh my goodness, I had no idea there were so many!
Wow,thanks for putting that all together and making it easy for me to watch guardians without figuring out where it goes. I was going to watch it last night but the player wouldn't work. It's okay today.
Happy shamrock day!:)
I do wish they could all stand alone without having another to depend on.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟937,467.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Oh my goodness, I had no idea there were so many!
Wow,thanks for putting that all together and making it easy for me to watch guardians without figuring out where it goes. I was going to watch it last night but the player wouldn't work. It's okay today.
Happy shamrock day!:)
I do wish they could all stand alone without having another to depend on.
Some times it's easier to think of the Marvel Cinematic Universe as the world's most expensive TV show.

A lot of the episodes are fine to watch on their own, but the big season finales don't make a lot of sense of you didn't watch the show.

Upvote 0