Can someone post the websites for the two branches of Calvary Chapel?

TheGoodLight

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2016
PA
✟418,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Their beliefs look pretty much the same to me. I guess it’s in the interpretation. Will there be anything different in the youth outreaches? Something is different that they had to separate. Anybody know why?

Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟64,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Their beliefs look pretty much the same to me. I guess it’s in the interpretation. Will there be anything different in the youth outreaches? Something is different that they had to separate. Anybody know why?

Here's an article you might find interesting.

Calvary Chapel Splits in Two.

I've been attending Calvary Chapel churches since 1977 and I do not side with Brodersen. Neither does the Pastor at my church so the split hasn't affected us or our youth outreaches. The only change we've had was to no longer hold a Saturday service. But that was due to the economy. We still have three services on Sunday and two Bible studies on Wednesday. The CC church I attend still follows the Calvary Chapel Distinctives that Pastor Chuck Smith wrote as a guideline back when he started the movement. The majority of CC churches still follow it as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's an article you might find interesting.

Calvary Chapel Splits in Two.

I've been attending Calvary Chapel churches since 1977 and I do not side with Brodersen. Neither does the Pastor at my church so it hasn't affected us or the youth outreaches. The only change we've had was no longer holding a Saturday service. But that was due to the economy. We still have three services on Sunday and two Bible studies on Wednesday.

Thanks for the news.

Reactions: crixus
Upvote 0

crixus

Nov 13, 2012
California
✟64,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For those that don't know - Calvary Chapel Association (CCA) is the original Calvary Chapel movement started by Pastor Chuck Smith. Calvary Global Network (CGN) is Brian Brodersen's. And he's responsible for the split. *If you haven't already, read the article I posted above called Calvary Chapel Splits In Two. God bless. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Broderson wants to reach lost youth in all their forms like Pastor Chuck did. It would truly be a different CC under Broderson. But the CCA wants busyness as usual, which is not bad. I know my CC is not growing and there is a lot of lost youth out there.

Upvote 0

crixus

Nov 13, 2012
California
✟64,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what they are named after the recent split. I'd also like to read the statement of faith for both of them. Thanks in advance!
Hi. I answered your question the best I could in comments above (although I addressed it to someone else, sorry about that). And I just thought of something else you might find interesting. *Calvary Chapel Magazine has been published by a Calvary Chapel church in Virginia for the past 20 plus years. They used to dedicate page 1 to Pastor Chuck Smith and he would write what was on his mind at the time, sermon notes, etc. After he passed away Brian Brodersen did the same thing. But when Brodersen split Calvary Chapel, the magazine stopped printing his article. So that should tell you how they feel about what he did/causing the split. I hope my comments helped you. God bless.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

crixus

Nov 13, 2012
California
✟64,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Out of curiosity, do the principles outlined in Chuck Smith’s book
Calvary Chapel Distinctives apply to both groups?

No, they do not. That's one of the reasons for the split. Brodersen didn't want to use Expository teaching anymore which is one the Calvary Chapel Distinctives. These letters explain what happened. Updates - Calvary Chapel Association

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums