Can Our Sexual Sin Alter The Person God Designed For Us?

cujones

Jan 31, 2016
United States
✟15,140.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My name is Chelsi and I recently joined a ministry. This ministry is not your typical everyone is Jesus lovers and lived blameless lives. We all come from perverse lifestyles, drugs, gang violence etc. once in the ministry you go through steps that get your life right with God and they teach you the world and eventually you graduate and help minister and spread the gospel. While in this ministry I came across a guy who became interested in me. At first I was not for it. My answer was no because I wanted to focus on God and build my relationship with him. Over time however, I began to let my guard down because I thought God was telling me I needed to trust him and let him in. I struggled with typical "daddy issues" growing and have always had a misinterpreted idea of what a man was, his purpose, etc. This guy reveled to me that God had shown him I was his wife. Eventually I started to believe him and we started dating. We had lots of boundaries and did everything to keep our relationship a Godly relationship . (Mind you this ministry has a very strict policy on dating and we went through a very tedious process before we were given permission to even pursue one another). So I thought this was a God ordained relationship and felt as though I had not only the blessings of my leaders and mentors but Gods approval as well. We ended up falling months into our relationship and had sex. His view was I plan on marrying you anyway so I don't really think it's that wrong but he respected my decisions to remain abstinent until marriage. I know God forgives us of our sins and all but now I'm starting to question if this is really a God ordained relationship. I always prayed that my husband would put my salvation before his temptation and that's all I have ever prayed for . I don't know if I should cut off this relationship or try again and rebuild it and keep it pure and untainted. Can we destroy God's plans for us? Does He take away all that could have been ours when we choose otherwise? Does o
ur sin change the plans for our lives?

GraceNationMIniss

GraceNation
Feb 4, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok so I am 18 and not really big into relationships yet, however I will give you some advice from what I have noticed from people in my church ect...

God is awesome in the sense that even though you messed up and sinned, and same goes for him, God can still work in both of your lives. God is not caged up, saying "Ohh you threw a wrench in my plan because you guys had sex" God knew that this was going to happen. The Bible teaches that everything will end for good and that should be a line of encouragement for you. Do not let the devil consume you in telling you that this may not be God ordained because you fell to sin. My suggestion is this; take time over the next few weeks to really examine your life. Make sure that pursing God is not just at the center of your life, but at the center of your relationship as well. Then make sure that your bf is living the same way. You defiantly do not want to be in a relationship that is pulling you away from God. take time and meditate on Gods word and I am sure that in due time He will reveal His plan to you.

Hope I could help a little bit. Don't be discouraged, be encouraged that Jesus came to save you from your sin. You are no longer bound to what you have done, instead look forward to what God has planned for you!

Reactions: cujones
Upvote 0

cujones

Jan 31, 2016
United States
✟15,140.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you. That's very helpful. I keep reading psalm 139. Verse 16 says "all the days were ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." So, I guess I knew God was all knowing. It's just easier hearing someone else say it. Thank you for the encouragement.

Upvote 0

cujones

Jan 31, 2016
United States
✟15,140.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've had people . Multiple people who you can just feel the Godliness oozing off of them. Prophets even tell me they see the strong connection between us and we don't act like your average couple . 90 percent of our lives are in the ministry. So from the outside looking in you wouldn't think we were anything. We act like friends when we are around each other and even then I push for distance just because we have a reputation to uphold being in ministry. Many of the people we minister with everyday tell us all the time if I didn't know better and actually hold conversations with you two I would not think y'all were together! So these people who come up to us and tell us these things can't just look at assume . But we have both been told we have a strong connection but that connection could just be a strong friendship ( even though he swears I'm his wife because God told him so )

Upvote 0

cujones

Jan 31, 2016
United States
✟15,140.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I just don't really know how to even hear from God, usually when I think I have it wasn't when I asked for anything specific . It's just random things usually about other people. I can't think of anything God has answered about me that I've asked.. I don't even know how I would know when he's talking to me ...

With other people I can speak into their lives and they can either tell me I'm dead on or I'm off . I can't not know something about myself, you know what I mean?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cujones

Jan 31, 2016
United States
✟15,140.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm.. So how do you think you hear from God? Or how does the Hoky Spirit help you personally in hearing from God?

BTW.. I read Gods Timing also. I really liked the last part about God using our sin. But so if God is all knowing , and gives us free will that means he just knows what we're gonna choose . So does That means he knows whose going to heaven and hell & so then our fate (heaven or hell) is already predestined?

Upvote 0

GraceNationMIniss

GraceNation
Feb 4, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To answer question 1 - The Holy Spirit doesn't help you hear from God, the Holy Spirit is God, if it seems like He is being silent, then maybe we need to evaluate where we are spiritually with God. Reading the Bible is the best way to hear from God because the Bible is literally God speaking. However He can seem silent sometimes and we just need to be patient, just because we cannot hear Him for a short amount of time does not mean that He has stopped working. God always has something in store for you even when it doesn't seem like it.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My name is Chelsi and I recently joined a ministry. This ministry is not your typical everyone is Jesus lovers and lived blameless lives. We all come from perverse lifestyles, drugs, gang violence etc. once in the ministry you go through steps that get your life right with God and they teach you the world and eventually you graduate and help minister and spread the gospel. While in this ministry I came across a guy who became interested in me. At first I was not for it. My answer was no because I wanted to focus on God and build my relationship with him. Over time however, I began to let my guard down because I thought God was telling me I needed to trust him and let him in. I struggled with typical "daddy issues" growing and have always had a misinterpreted idea of what a man was, his purpose, etc. This guy reveled to me that God had shown him I was his wife. Eventually I started to believe him and we started dating. We had lots of boundaries and did everything to keep our relationship a Godly relationship . (Mind you this ministry has a very strict policy on dating and we went through a very tedious process before we were given permission to even pursue one another). So I thought this was a God ordained relationship and felt as though I had not only the blessings of my leaders and mentors but Gods approval as well. We ended up falling months into our relationship and had sex. His view was I plan on marrying you anyway so I don't really think it's that wrong but he respected my decisions to remain abstinent until marriage. I know God forgives us of our sins and all but now I'm starting to question if this is really a God ordained relationship. I always prayed that my husband would put my salvation before his temptation and that's all I have ever prayed for . I don't know if I should cut off this relationship or try again and rebuild it and keep it pure and untainted. Can we destroy God's plans for us? Does He take away all that could have been ours when we choose otherwise? Does o

You need someone whom you can be accountable to, I mean a very stern godly person. men and women begin to share intimate things that test the relationship, gradually the fences of protection come down. All of us have HUGE sexual tension, especially so when you are young and in love or lust. Desire is a burning desire and few are able to stop when lust turns to passion. God designed us that way. That's the way in marriage it is suppose to be in sexual love for each other. Men are designed to give love in order to get sexual love. Women are designed by God to give sexual love to get that special love in return. Even if your not married our bodies still work that way even un unsaved people.

you need to see where you let your guard down, and never let it down again unless you have said I do with a Minister and have a ring to boot.

I don't know if you guy was playing with your heart or not. But just suppose he is not the man God has for you, you have cheated on the person who is waiting for you, so has he. Now confess it, both of you together. Now set boundaries and both of you get someone who will hold you accountable. This is very serious especially being in ministry. If you were a pastor you would have to resign. God has been loving and will forgive. But you need to hate what you did so much that it will never happen again until you are married. I wonder are you pregnant? If so I expect that brings an all new issue into the picture. I surely have compassion for you. We have two daughters that got married by choice because there was a litte one on the way. Both waited till after the baby came to see what the Lords direction is. One got married the other did not. This effects not just our daughters but us as grandparents as well. Think about these things. When I say I have deep concern I really do in deed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timothyleo123

Feb 18, 2016
Michigan
✟7,636.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe everything happens for a reason, and god has planned this out for you he is all knowing and all powerful he knows when you will marry, when you will die and who you'll spend your life with and where you'll end up in the end of Heaven or Hell. So don't be worried and see how it plays out, everything happens for a reason bad and good.

Upvote 0

Yoan

May 26, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
✟7,804.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Ok so I am 18 and not really big into relationships yet, however I will give you some advice from what I have noticed from people in my church ect...

So my broke up wit me because of a similar issue. We love each other so much, planning to marry, yet one day he thinks we drive each other to sin and so we must part. I still don't get it. and I cant change his mind.
I wish i could

God is awesome in the sense that even though you messed up and sinned, and same goes for him, God can still work in both of your lives. God is not caged up, saying "Ohh you threw a wrench in my plan because you guys had sex" God knew that this was going to happen. The Bible teaches that everything will end for good and that should be a line of encouragement for you. Do not let the devil consume you in telling you that this may not be God ordained because you fell to sin. My suggestion is this; take time over the next few weeks to really examine your life. Make sure that pursing God is not just at the center of your life, but at the center of your relationship as well. Then make sure that your bf is living the same way. You defiantly do not want to be in a relationship that is pulling you away from God. take time and meditate on Gods word and I am sure that in due time He will reveal His plan to you.

Hope I could help a little bit. Don't be discouraged, be encouraged that Jesus came to save you from your sin. You are no longer bound to what you have done, instead look forward to what God has planned for you!

Upvote 0