Upper midwest
✟67,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And a penalty is there for life, for being disobedient....
I wouldn't refer to it as penalty.
I simply mean that, since that man chose to disobey God, he will miss out on God's best for him.
He may very well live a long and happy life.
We are free to choose what we wish to do.
But if we do not choose what He tells us, we cannot escape the consequences.
Yet He may very well bless our lives abundantly.
It still will not be the best that He wanted to give to us.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I simply mean that, since that man chose to disobey God, he will miss out on God's best for him.
Watch in person, in real life - those who chose to disobey God, and did not repent, cannot be trusted. They cannot discern God's Will and Plan and Purpose daily or for life. They can scarcely tell, if at all, when someone lies to them, or if they are being told the truth! And this results in them doing more that is disobedient, more that is wrong, and more that causes pain or harm or loss to others in the body / assembly .

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,400.00
Faith
Christian
The apostle Paul said that it's ok to have an unbeliever as a spouse. But it's not preferred. It's not sin however

No he did not he said if already has a wife we know he does not approve if not already married as said in 1 Corinthians 7:39

and I am not debating anyone anymore about this

1 Corinthians 7:39
A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 7:12-16
12 But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. 13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?

Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟41,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The bible says as it was in the days of Noah they were marrying and giving in marriage and did not know until the flood came and took them all away so it will be when the son of man returns

In the days of Noah marriage was a sin because sons of God married daughters of men that is the non spiritual people

I thought marriage is never a sin if person is Christian as Paul said he who marries has not sinned but such will have trouble in the flesh

But could it be a sin if the other person possibility may not be a true Christian if they are not of similar background to atleast be born in Christian family though it is possible one is a Christian if one is not

What other situations is it a sin ?

But how can it take them by surprise if Christ will come after the tribulation do you think some will not even believe they are in the tribulation because how then can it take them by surprise ?

My dad says when Paul says in the last days people will forbid marriage it means because people will live together without getting married I don’t think however it is necessary to get married and have kids you may not raise in God if one is not spiritual but this means people should not sin and if they do they must repent

I am convinced now that I should not marry because it may not work out my father thought it was good for me though I don’t have to and my grandfather
my dads father told me before he died he wanted me to get married but my father said I don’t have to listen to him if I thought it was good and I was able to do something for the Lord I would think to get married but I think being single is being more profitable for the Lord the barren has more children than one who is married because you should not make people feel they have to get married which being single is maybe more safe and good for some and you don’t know if you will meet one suitable

unless I am convinced being married is good if I meet one suitable I don’t think I should get married

I think that you misunderstand the Scriptures on a number of points.

The passage about Noah, communicates that none of the evil people
on earth saw the flood coming. (Not, that marriage was evil.)

The passage referred to from Paul, addresses the fact that a Christian getting
married (if he is eligible to get married), does not sin, is making the point that
marriage is acceptable in the Christian moral-ethical model. But, Paul also
teaches that it is better for a Christian to remain single, in order to serve
the kingdom of God. (Paul is NOT saying that anyone who marries, is proven
to not be a sinner).

If you correct these misunderstandings of the Bible, then you are in a very
different place.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,400.00
Faith
Christian
I agree that He was more emphasising the sudden nature of judgement though it means must repent before. I agree if you mean only those are not eligible to be married are those entering sinful marriages but once you marry though there is to risk to die before you marry one is only allowed to continue if person accepts them and their children to follow christ or it becomes a practicing sinful lifestyle. If you want to say some people are not eligible to be married that they have to be single even a christian that is wrong as paul says nevertheless if one marries one has not sinned. I know you are a catholic and seem to want to trouble me to make arguments to try to annoy me to make me keep defending though anyone who studies scripture will know you are wrong. So I am not arguing anymore. You can make arguments still you are free but others can argue with you if they have time for it.

Upvote 0