Can God let you know as a teenager who you will marry?

JCteen2020

Jan 23, 2014
✟15,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The reason I ask this question is not just because I’ve wondered who God has for me but because I’ve got this friend that is a girl at my church who is three years older than I am and I like her… a lot, and not just outwardly but more so inwardly. I am 16 years old. I know for a fact that it is not right for me to desire a relationship that could be inappropriate at this point in time with someone who is much older than I am. Would it not seem inappropriate for a teenage guy to be dating a young lady that is in college? Not only is it inappropriate because of the age gap but it is also inappropriate because she is one of the youth leaders. For some reason, I just can’t stop thinking intimate thoughts about her. The weird thing is I think its inappropriate BUT I feel like God could have something for this young lady and I. Please help! I need help with the last statement.

I don't want any negative comments. If you have Godly advice please share it with me, otherwise keep your inconsiderate comments to yourself. I need this question answered not peoples dumb, useless comments.

Cliquely

Feb 22, 2014
✟7,614.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think I understand where you're coming from. I had a similar experience at my church (he was also a bit older than me), but nothing ever came of it.
There are so many ways this woman's life and your life could interact beyond romance. She might be instilling something in your soul right now that you might not be able to understand until a great while later. That's the beauty of God and His plans. The ways our lives touch so many others, like a colorful thread intersecting thousands.
You might marry her. You might not. But either way she was a part of your life for a while and that's a powerful connection too. Just pray, and remember that God is always in control.

Upvote 0

JCteen2020

Jan 23, 2014
✟15,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think I understand where you're coming from. I had a similar experience at my church (he was also a bit older than me), but nothing ever came of it.
There are so many ways this woman's life and your life could interact beyond romance. She might be instilling something in your soul right now that you might not be able to understand until a great while later. That's the beauty of God and His plans. The ways our lives touch so many others, like a colorful thread intersecting thousands.
You might marry her. You might not. But either way she was a part of your life for a while and that's a powerful connection too. Just pray, and remember that God is always in control.

Wow! Thank you so much for such a thoughtful comment! God bless you! That really helps!

Upvote 0