• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

can God heal the deep early childhood trauma that results in personality disorders?

BenCollyer91

Aug 13, 2021
Hastings, Hastings
✟10,419.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Such as BPD, NPD, The core issue we have is that we have no true self, we were traumatised so young that our ego never had a chance to develop into a solid core that represents who we are

so from a psychology point of view we are "nothing"

do you think God can heal us?

Reactions: KayJoy

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ben

From experience I can tell you that God can heal anything. I struggled with intense depression and self worth issues at age 5. This was as a result of demonic attacks. What made it worse, is that I had no way of trying to explain my problem to my parents or my brother. The isolation is what made me want to give up on life altogether. All that came to an abrupt end one night when I asked Jesus to help me during one of those attacks. He yanked me out of that pit of despair the very next moment and I was never the same again. Keep the faith brother:hug:, and don't stop asking the Lord to help you climb that mountain. True, it looks like a steep climb, but I promise you, the view from up there will melt you heart.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟797,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Such as BPD, NPD, The core issue we have is that we have no true self, we were traumatised so young that our ego never had a chance to develop into a solid core that represents who we are

In a manner of speaking, we are none of us complete individuals until we see God as he is. This life is not for us, but for Christ.

However, assuming your question is valid, God can do anything he pleases. I haven't much doubt he has done so in some, and not in others, for his own purposes.

But our identity, in the end, is in him, not in ourselves. There is the best healing.

This life is not about this life.

Upvote 0

Pearl7

Aug 20, 2021
ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think God can heal us, but it can take some time.

I think recognising the problems is the first step. Healthy boundaries with toxic people and reshaping relationships also help a lot, done in love, for the sake of our own health.

Maybe there are people here who had their healing faster, have you thought about seeing a christian counsellor?

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟459,863.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes he can heal, you may need to get involved in a good 'spirit-filled' church that has deliverance ministry, when God is present in a church there are lives transformed.
A lot of what medicine calls 'mental illneses' are spiritual problems actually.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes. Unequivocally yes He can. I'm not sure that you'll wake up one day renewed. It's possible, but I think that the journey to renewal is absolutely vital.

The fact that you're asking this question shows that you are in the middle of that journey already.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ben, our only hope is to give ourselves to God completely every day. He is the One Who shows us truth and compassion.

Christian God of all comfort.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟281,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, he can restore us to sanity, peace and wellness.
Medication may help for any chemical changes that have occurred in your body/brain.

Upvote 0

BenCollyer91

Aug 13, 2021
Hastings, Hastings
✟10,419.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, he can restore us to sanity, peace and wellness.
Medication may help for any chemical changes that have occurred in your body/brain.

I actually incurred an iatrogenic brain injury from taking anti depressants

• Prayers
Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟281,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I actually incurred an iatrogenic brain injury from taking anti depressants
I'm not too surprised, for there are adverse reactions for a small number of people. . .but I was thinking more in terms of psychotic disorders needing some chemical help.

Upvote 0