Bush Plans to Cut Your Social Security Benefits - Now!

drboyd

Jun 27, 2004
✟3,316.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
"Honor they father and thy mother"

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][size=-1]And is that only for retirees off in the future? As Bush always says, do "those at or near retirement know we'll never touch their benefits"? No, he's been lying. Further proof is in Republican Jim Kolbe's legislation, which Kolbe had a press conference to promote today. It is like the Cato Institute's and other plans, but it's been analyzed and "scored" by the Congressional Budget Office, so there are benefit figures to go with it. For workers in the middle 20% of U.S. incomes, here they are:[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][size=-1]—Retiring next year (i.e., born in 1940): $14,900 a year under existing Soc. Security; $13,900 under privatization.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][size=-1]—Retiring in ten years (born in 1950): $15,200 a year under existing Soc. Security; $13,000 a year under privatization.[/size][/font]
Yes, this is from Lyndon LaRouche. But, remember, any mention of the relative veracity of this publication is an Ad Hominum Attack, and will be Dealt With Harshly by my Trusted Associate!

BlessedMan

Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
✟17,338.00
Faith
Christian
I'm baffled by this...a link to the entire article would be very helpful. First off, isn't this legislation being introduced by Jim Kolbe...not President Bush? Second...what is the figure "under privatization" mean? How are they estimating that and how much of the overall plan are they considering to be privatized?

Upvote 0

Whyzdom

Biblicist
Oct 13, 2004
Moline, Illinois USA
✟17,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
By that article's own statement, it is saying that this isn't President Bush's plan. The last paragraph holds the least biased, most honest truth about the Presidents plan...

"I won't prejudge anything, said Bush. And he said he would wait for recommendations from the Commission before proposing anything.

Upvote 0

-Truth-

Nov 3, 2004
✟1,472.00
Faith
Atheist
http://www.registerguard.com/news/2004/12/10/a1.bushsocial.1210.html
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] Bush has placed Social Security at the top of his second-term policy agenda. He has asked Congress to approve a plan to let younger workers divert a portion of their payroll taxes into private investment accounts that they would control. [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] Diverting money into private accounts, however, would deprive the Social Security system of money needed to pay benefits to current retirees. Economists have estimated that it could cost $1 trillion to $2 trillion over the next decade to replace the payroll taxes that would be diverted into private accounts. The additional federal borrowing could put upward pressure on interest rates, some analysts say. [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] White House officials contend that the additional debt would be more than offset by the eventual reduction of Social Security's long-term unfunded liability, which they estimate at $11 trillion over 75 years. Their argument assumes that future benefits would be reduced to offset the creation of private accounts.[/font]

Upvote 0

Kristi1

His Daughter
May 11, 2004
Oregon
Visit site
✟20,248.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They better NOT :mad: My mother is retried and is on her own since my daddys suicide February 26th, 2003 last year. It's the first time she has been alone in 45 years.

Plus They BETTER NOT cut Benefits :mad: I am Severely Disabled and I am awaiting my Social Security Disbility Income (SSDI), I've not had any income at all since the year 2003, I Cannt even take care of my own montly needs every month!! :cry: :cry:

The People in Government NEED to take a PAY CUT to show their support to protect even their own Social Securtiy someday!!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MichaelFJF said:
Isn't it nice that we have freedom of speech so outright lies can be used in title of threads? It makes me warm all over. M

I've learned that when certain people post, what I'm about to read is either:

a) creative writing,
b) stream of consciousness, or
c) pure invective.

I, too, am glad I live in a country where people can be free to write facts, fiction, whatever comes to mind -- or even an occasional bizarre rant! :)

Upvote 0
R

Redneck

Sors said:
This is one of the few things I agree with Bush on. Privatize social security, and let me keep and invest my money. The way it is now I pay social security, but I am not going to ever benefit from it.

That's what's called a pyramid scheme, with the nice added bonus that if you don't participate in said pyramid scheme, the government can toss you in the slammer.
rolleyes.gif

Upvote 0