the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You might get a cigar for being close ? /smile/
I'm thinking if you do what is right, you do not have to ever measure nor even think about calories.

I don't actually measure my calorie intake. I only had to estimate this instance to illustrate my point to anyone reading my post.

I'm more than happy with my current state of health. The lifestyle changes I did starting this year seemed to have set me free from all health problems. It's nothing short of miraculous when I've struggled with them for many years!

I suppose the key is to deny yourself. "lose your life for His sake and you keep it for eternity". Seems to work even in this temporal world.

• Winner
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I suppose the key is to deny yourself. "lose your life for His sake and you keep it for eternity". Seems to work even in this temporal world.
Jesus is Life. Experiential Knowledge , Abiding in Jesus, is Eternal Life. Yes, even in this temporal world, with countless immeasurable blessings, along with persecution and hardships and , of course necessary, fiery trials we rejoice in for they purify our simple trust in Him.

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟383,552.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
What’s worked for me has been jogging and no food just water after 7pm. It’s hard for me to lose weight and super easy to gain. Being 5’1 I have to constantly keep track or it gets outta hand :muahah:

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What’s worked for me has been jogging and no food just water after 7pm. It’s hard for me to lose weight and super easy to gain. Being 5’1 I have to constantly keep track or it gets outta hand :muahah:
? Or, if you jog regularly, and have no food just water after seven pm , is there anything else you have to constantly keep track of ? Or is it that simple ?

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟383,552.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
@Aaron112 Not that simple because to make that a routine is extremely hard for some of us. If I just do it for one week and skip weeks, getting back at it is no fun.
Also, cutting back on sugar and salt intake.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
@Aaron112 Not that simple because to make that a routine is extremely hard for some of us. If I just do it for one week and skip weeks, getting back at it is no fun.
Think how easy and fun and healthy life would be if everyone learned to have only good habits, good routines, and life-enhancing activities and foods and drinks and talk and thoughts all the time, a daily habit from birth on, instead of having to unlearn so much later in life in order to get both healthy and right with God .

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
btw, it took me seven years or so to give up a lifetime up to then of drinking soda. I still fall sometimes, but then get a headache , so thankfully not too often.

Reactions: look4hope
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
? Or, if you jog regularly, and have no food just water after seven pm , is there anything else you have to constantly keep track of ? Or is it that simple ?

It's quite effective for me too. Except, I don't jog, I do my exercise on the stationary bike or the bike outdoors if I have to go on errands like buy groceries.

First thing I'd do after waking up in the morning is brush my teeth, drink a small amount of water and then hit the stationary bike. No eating, not even coffee nor chocolate, just pure water.

It's easier to exercise on depleted state in the morning after waking up than any time of the day. Because of low appetite. Many people often skip breakfast unintentionally without even thinking. Main reason is they're either rushing something and the low appetite state.

It gets easier as you keep on doing it and actually becomes easy eventually. The key is consistency. Don't skip.

And avoid high glycemic index and salty foods as much as possible. Those tend to be the culprits behind over-eating and they also make cutting down on calorie intake that much harder.

The same can be said when you're preparing to do fasting and prayer. When you've been eating high glycemic index foods, it makes the start of fasting incredibly difficult. So one way to prepare for fasting is taper your food intake as the days of fasting approaches and make sure the foods are low glycemic index and not salty. Drink water in very small portions but more frequently. They help stave off hunger and lower the appetite as well.

I've never been able to fast before. I get painful migraines and even sensory impairment. But not since doing the morning routines and paying attention to what I eat. Especially cutting down on sugar and high GI foods.

The 'mainstream' foods do go against the Christian lifestyle. They raise your appetite making you indulge on eating (gluttony) and makes fasting a lot harder. Note that one can be a glutton and commit gluttony even if they're not obese. Used to be guilty of it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0