Just spent 100 blessings to write this.
Dec 31, 2005
NJ
✟7,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wow, I wasn't expecting to get such a flood of questions. The men's forum version moves much slower. :D

*Rolls up sleeves* Okay.

none the wiser - Hiya. My favorite season would have to be fall plus 5 days, because winter starts right before Christmas (which is the most wonderful time of the year, after all). I don't know, something about the leaves changing color, football(!), Thanksgiving morning watching the Macy's parade, and Christmas. Just doesn't get any better.

Then again, I'm really loving spring right now.

TinkHeartsJesus - Pink is...challenging for most men. I hope one day I'll be man enough to wear it.

TBC in Part 2...

Upvote 0

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
April Fools!!!^_^

Do you listen to music on your computer while on CF? If so, what genre of music do you most listen to?

Apples or oranges?

Lemons or Limes?

What song fits your mood or current situation?

Do you turn the light on before you enter the room or after you close the door?

Do you have a specific place you keep your keys?

How often do you buy a new book to read?

When is the last time you had your picture taken?

Do you like to do things like crossword puzzles or word search?

Ever played the game Uno?

What's one instrument you wish you knew how to play and why?

Do you like your own voice? Is you voice high, in between, low-pitched? Are you soft spoken?

Upvote 0

Justin1

Dec 31, 2005
NJ
✟7,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Part 2

Macrina - Well, music started as a hobby, but now it's my career. I still can't believe that I can get paid for this. :amen:

I know some people think it's nerdy, but I've always loved comic books. I have my Marvel subscriptions coming in every month; everything in moderation. Before I started getting heavily into music I thought I'd be an artist or a writer. I still love both, but music is just where the focus is at.

Recently I've been searching for a new hobby. Photography seems like something that I could have fun with.

What kind of music do I like? I love this question. I could write for days. I've noticed, though, that most people say the same thing: "Pretty much everything...except for country or rap." :sleep: Boring answer.

I honestly do like everything, including country and rap, but I'll be more specific. Right now I'm really loving ragtime, like that of Django Reinhardt, James P Johnson, and Fats Waller. I'm starting to discover Latin music, as I'm playing in a Latin jazz band right now. Bela Fleck and Edgar Meyer's duo albums are also in heavy rotation, and lots of contemporary gospel. Byron Cage, Kurt Carr, Andre Crouch (I know, not so contemporary), Fred Hammond, Kirk Franklin, Donnie McClurkin, Debra Killings. Also really liking D'angelo, Jill Scott, and Common.

My favorite music of all time would have to be anything by Bill Evans (the pianist, not the saxophonist), Pat Metheny's "Bright Size Life," the Jaco Pastorius Big Band's first album, Gerald Veasley's Live at the Jazz Base album, John Patitucci's "Communion" album, Jim Hall and Ron Carter's "Alone Together," and Weather Report's "Heavy Weather." Of course, anything Stevie Wonder. Wayne Shorter is moving up the charts, too. I have to cut myself short on this one.

I have actually called many things the funniest thing ever. Many of them were at the time, but later were replaced by the next funniest thing ever. I don't think I can pick just one.

Upvote 0

Justin1

Dec 31, 2005
NJ
✟7,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh man, septemberskies, just as I was posting part two you hit me with a whole boatload more questions. Here is the answer to your first question and BeautyForAshes' before I tackle the next set.

septemberskies - Actually, no. I prefer to wait for the surprise. :)

BeautyForAshes - Honestly, I don't think much has changed. In the circles I'm in, most of us just go out and do whatever, drive around, and participate in general sillyness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justin1

Dec 31, 2005
NJ
✟7,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
septemberskies - Nice work on the text colors.

I do listen to music on my computer. Right now I'm listening to another Pat Metheny album, "Still Life (Talking)." I highly recommend it; the melodies are beautiful. I have mostly modern jazz on my computer, and a lot of gospel. I wrote a huge music rant for Macrina, so you can look at that, too, if you'd like.

Apples, clearly.

Um...neither? I guess lemons. I'm not too familiar with limes.

Actually, the one I'm listening to right now. "Minuano (Six Eight)" by Pat Metheny. I feel confident, full of ideas, and I'm excited to see what possibilities await me tomorrow.

I turn the light on before I enter the room, usually. Never really thought about it.

I usually keep my keys in my pocket, but when I come home at night they usually end up wherever I toss them. So I think my answer is no.

I don't buy books. Most of the books I read come from my Dad. He reads at least a book a week. Right now I'm reading Po Bronson's "What Should I Do With My Life?" Not so much a how-to as much as a collection of stories of people who found their place in the world. I've found it to be an encouraging read.

I had my picture taken at a coffee shop recently. It was my friend's birthday and, being a girl, she loves to take pictures of everyone.

I have been known to partake in the occasional crossword or word search, yes.

I have played the game Uno. In fact, one of my most persistent memories from childhood was playing Uno with my friend Peter.

My own, the bass. I feel like I have such a long way to go.

My voice is...okay. It's shocking to hear how I really sound on a recording or home video, but I think it's like that way for everybody. My voice is fairly low-pitched, and I'm definitely soft spoken.

Upvote 0

Justin1

Dec 31, 2005
NJ
✟7,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Kriegermädchen said:
Do you play any sports? If so, what's your usual position?

Volleyball is awesome. Never got too serious with it, though.

Right now my sports involvement is restricted to infrequent basketball pickup games or a game of whatever other ball we have on hand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justin1

Dec 31, 2005
NJ
✟7,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
septemberskies said:
Every been in a water gun or water ballon fight?

Yes, an innumberable amount of times. I remember we had this one gun, the XPS 2500, that was so big it took two kids to carry and operate it. It was so powerful that it needed to be mounted on something to hold it steady when it was fired. Needless to say, its soaking ability was incredible. :cool:

maycontainnuts said:
Do you have any pets?

Yup, I do, a black lab. His name is Timmy, and he's 9. :)

Upvote 0

Justin1

Dec 31, 2005
NJ
✟7,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Kriegermädchen said:
In person are you outgoing or shy and reserved?

Do you prefer breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

What's your favorite restaurant?

What's your dream car?

I'm a weird combination of outgoing and shy. Sometimes I'm really confident and extroverted, and sometimes I say a total of 10 words to other people all day. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Breakfast, definitely. I love mornings.

This one is tough. I like Iridium in New York City. Very good menu, but I like it mostly because it's a great jazz club.

My dream car? I guess the one I have now, a VW Jetta TDI. Diesel, so incredible mileage, smooth ride, very comfortable and classy. It carries a fair amount of gear, which is very important to us musicians. I don't see myself being able to transport my upright bass with it, though, but that's why we have the Honda Element.

Upvote 0

Kriegermädchen

Veteran
Jan 23, 2005
California
✟16,573.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Justin1 said:
My dream car? I guess the one I have now, a VW Jetta TDI. Diesel, so incredible mileage, smooth ride, very comfortable and classy. It carries a fair amount of gear, which is very important to us musicians. I don't see myself being able to transport my upright bass with it, though, but that's why we have the Honda Element.
Awesome! (I know what you mean.... gotta have room in my trunk for my keyboard.)

Do you have a job?

Are you an only child?

Upvote 0