Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So this easy mistake has thrown you completely into orbit and is a classical case for Mormon confusion.

You need to go to bed and wake up on the other side of the bed.
Ah the Mormon tag team, when one of you jumps into the conversation without a clue what is talked about.

Here is a very simple dynamic---you can go back and edit you posts when you make a mistake even a day or so later----just like you did in this assertion.

Jesus has already perfected me and I am saved and nobody can take me out of the hand of Jesus. I am already perfected, so I need not read such foolishness from the bible or any other good books.----Peter1000

That, by the way, sounds like part of your testimony and is of no beneficial usage to anyone else.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Jesus has already perfected me and I am saved and nobody can take me out of the hand of Jesus. I am already perfected, so I need not read such foolishness from the bible or any other good books.----Peter1000

Anyone who makes this utterly foolish claims which you did in another thread---I have no time to debate with.

Foolishness from the Bible and Jesus has already perfected you----those assertions make me laugh.:ahah:
This post is supposed to be a response to post #505. So please if you are going to respond, respond to what I said.

IOW, nothing in this post responds to my post 505. Please respond correctly.

You do this to evade the hard questions that you cannot answer.

So, again, go back to bed, wake up on the other side of the bed and respond properly to my post 505. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Ah the Mormon tag team, when one of you jumps into the conversation without a clue what is talked about.

Here is a very simple dynamic---you can go back and edit you posts when you make a mistake even a day or so later----just like you did in this assertion.

That, by the way, sounds like part of your testimony and is of no beneficial usage to anyone else.
I don't jump into a discussion that I have no clue of what I am talking about. You were mocking HITW for mistaking finger for figure.

It totally sent you into orbit and you accused him of using this tactic to confuse people. How stupid. Seriously, if we did this to you, we would never discuss anything except your errors.
THOSE WHO LIVE IN GLASS SHACKS SHOULD NOT THROW STONES.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This post is supposed to be a response to post #505. So please if you are going to respond, respond to what I said.

IOW, nothing in this post responds to my post 505. Please respond correctly.

You do this to evade the hard questions that you cannot answer.

So, again, go back to bed, wake up on the other side of the bed and respond properly to my post 505. Thank you.

So I am supposed to go on a wild goose chase to try to disprove whatever it is you are asserting?

You still said this in whatever post that you did and trying like crazy to evade it yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't jump into a discussion that I have no clue of what I am talking about. You were mocking HITW for mistaking finger for figure.

It totally sent you into orbit and you accused him of using this tactic to confuse people. How stupid. Seriously, if we did this to you, we would never discuss anything except your errors.
THOSE WHO LIVE IN GLASS SHACKS SHOULD NOT THROW STONES.
First off I did not mock him and it certainly did not send me into orbit--more fantasies?

The conversation went on a lot longer that you only suppose as he of course insisted he had the truth---just like you.

But back to ignore for you as you just spout things and have nothing to back them up with.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
FIGURING out that Mormons want to drive people further away from their false Religion

Classic Mormon confusion:

He is the way said:
You still have not fingered it out?
You have ignored the scriptures I posted and want to sidetrack the conversation because you don't have an adequate answer. Besides you make more spelling errors than I do.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have ignored the scriptures I posted and want to sidetrack the conversation because you don't have an adequate answer. Besides you make more spelling errors than I do.
Seem as if I occasionally ignore YOU---- the scriptures you may or may not have posted are ignored as well. I'll bet you posted nothing more than your opinions supposedly referencing some scripture while insisting it means what you want it to mean.

And I suppose you have proof of this spelling error assertion?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What we're looking at is a contradiction.

Three-in-one is only plausible if one takes the intercessory prayer as being metaphorical when it comes to talking about the shared unity.

We're asking about what it means for three-in-one when it comes to a literal reading of the intercessory prayer.

In response, we're being told that we should just shut up and stop asking questions.

This is being taken as people being angry at themselves for not having an answer and taking that anger out on us.

...And yet somehow we are expected to have details of everything down to the last punctuation mark?

The difference is what now?

To the contrary... when we've talked about faith, we've been mocked for it.

But God says---ONE GOD. It is clear throughout the bible---There is only one God. The thing is, it is Jesus throughout the OT. It is He who is the Creator, it is he who spoke and wrote the 10 and spoke the ceremonial laws to Moses., it is Jesus who told Moses to say He is the I AM. And He said it again as a human---I am. There is no error in this, this is not some corruption of scriptures. Jesus was the I AM before and after the incarnation. But at Creation, the Spirit of the Lord moved upon the waters, and the Father was there for He is everywhere, omnipresent. So how in the world do you think any human mind is capable of understanding it? It is ONE GOD---FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT. Your prophets can all claim what they want, the scripture is clear, ONE GOD. The problem is not the scriptures, the problem are men who said they spoke for God, when they did not, and they came up with a concept that is entirely and totally not in scripture in any way shape or form. You have chosen them over the scriptures. You will not be able to reconcile the two. God was never human, He never had been born from another human and He had no grandfathers---Can you not see the obvious attempt by this to bring God down to a level that the human mind can comprehend in order to elevate ourselves, so that what God is, we too can become??? It is a lie, plain and simple.
It springs from the mind of a young man who felt like nothing, was nothing, and wanted to be everything. Oh, he was chosen all right, perfect for the deception he fell for---HE can become God! Just like God did!! Yah---He is going to make of himself a God--in this world and the next! Can you really not see the hand that guided those thoughts? A deep, deep need to become something important, to rise above his sordid little life on this earth and in the eyes of those around him---it reeks with desperation!! But the scriptures themselves must be regarded as something less than they are---the total and complete word of God---He has to put severe doubt in the mind in order to do this---thus--of course, the scriptures have been corrupted. Now he can say whatever he wants and they will believe. And so he did---and so they believed him and not the scriptures.
As mere mortal humans, with the intellect we now posses, I do not believe we are capable of understanding, completely, the Godhead. How they work. They have different functions, but they are one, 3 distinct personalities, yet they are one, Jesus said God is spirit, and the Holy Spirit can be everywhere at the same time as the Father can, Jesus can no longer be everywhere at the same time, He does have a glorified human body now, but it is still human and we don't know what those limitations are. That is all we know. No one knows anything else---not the creeds, not JS not anyone else. And anyone who thinks they know what it means, is lying, or delusional. We see darkly for now, but when we are in His presence, we will know, at least more clearly!! Let go of the lies, and you won't have the deceptions that cloud your mind. It is ONE GOD. The bible says so, and that is all there is to know, for now!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Seem as if I occasionally ignore YOU---- the scriptures you may or may not have posted are ignored as well. I'll bet you posted nothing more than your opinions supposedly referencing some scripture while insisting it means what you want it to mean.

And I suppose you have proof of this spelling error assertion?
You like to ignore or sidetrack.

You said: "And I suppose you have proof of this spelling error assertion?" I didn't need to look far:

You said: "Seem as if I occasionally ignore YOU" You should have said "Seems as if I occasionally ignore YOU"
seems like (as if)?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You like to ignore or sidetrack.

You said: "And I suppose you have proof of this spelling error assertion?" I didn't need to look far:

You said: "Seem as if I occasionally ignore YOU" You should have said "Seems as if I occasionally ignore YOU"
seems like (as if)?

Proper grammar versus a complete different word?

Seems like I am debating with a child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the Gods are extremely mobile and have communication devices that are beyond our technologies.

Just think of our airplane history. In 1903 the Wright brothers invented flight. In 1914, just 11 years later we had our first commercial domestic air flights. In 1939, just 36 years later we were taking peope in big airplanes accross the atlantic. By 1963 we had first manned flight around the world and today we have machines flying out of our solar system and we are communicatig with it. All done in 117 years. Think what we could do in 10,000 years. In 10,000,000 years.

You just have no vision of what we are capable of doing, now add the power of God to that equation and it is truly unkown what we are capable of being and doing.
God in Isaiah stated that He alone is God, none before or after Him, He knows no others gods!

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
So I am supposed to go on a wild goose chase to try to disprove whatever it is you are asserting?

You still said this in whatever post that you did and trying like crazy to evade it yourself.
See, this is a perfect example of redirecting the disussion because you cannot answer tough questions. You have purposefully deflected from Post 505 twice now. Tell me why?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
See, this is a perfect example of redirecting the disussion because you cannot answer tough questions. You have purposefully deflected from Post 505 twice now. Tell me why?

because you think you are perfected

Jesus has already perfected me ----Peter1000

why should I try to tell you what the verses mean as, according to you---you have it all figured out in being perfected:bow:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
because you think you are perfected

Jesus has already perfected me ----Peter1000

why should I try to tell you what the verses mean as, according to you---you have it all figured out in being perfected:bow:
Remember, that paragraph was a facetious comment as to how you think you have it all figured out. You are the one that thinks you have a guarantee and don't have to hope that you can endure to the end.

We in the Church of Jesus Christ believe that we are saved after all that we can do. We believe, we trust Jesus, we are baptized by water, we are baptized of the Spirit, and we keep the commandment, and we hope to endure to the end and receive our eternal life.

Not anything like the paragraph you keep bringing up.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, you have again told me that God and Jesus are one. I believe that.

Now tell me how they are one? We are trying to figure out how you and your church members can be one, like God and Jesus are one. We know they are one. But we must know how they are one, so we can be one, as they are one. To me that is important to be one, like they are one. So how are they one?
(hint: think of the Trinity)

John 17 oneness has to do with one in attitude or love.
John 10:30 has to do with Jesus claiming to be God just like in John 8:58.
In both cases of John 8 and John 10 the people picked up stones to kill him because he claimed to be God. Everyone involved in those texts were of the same group history, culture, language, etc., Their reaction tells me that they understood what Jesus was claiming and teaching.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus made it clear that He and the Father are one in glory and perfection. Nowhere did He say they are one in substance, nowhere.

My response is too long to post here, so I started a new thread that proves that the early church understood John 10:30 the way I do --- that Jesus was claiming to be one in nature with the father.
LDS - The Fathers on John 10:30

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Why have you not been translated Yet?? Any minute now?

Upvote 0