Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟119,202.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just picked up this mini laptop off of Amazon, it is 8-inches across and will fit in your pocket, love this, I am going to load it with dual-boot between Windows 11 and Kali Linux and I am going to use it for penetration testing. It is pretty powerful, 3.4 GHz CPU and 12 GB of RAM. It has a solid feel to it, weights about 1 pound. The display also swivels around so it will double as a tablet PC.
image000003.jpg
image000001.jpg
image000006.jpg
image000000.jpg

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just picked up this mini laptop off of Amazon, it is 8-inches across and will fit in your pocket, love this, I am going to load it with dual-boot between Windows 11 and Kali Linux and I am going to use it for penetration testing. It is pretty powerful, 3.4 GHz CPU and 12 GB of RAM. It has a solid feel to it, weights about 1 pound. The display also swivels around so it will double as a tablet PC.
View attachment 345282View attachment 345283View attachment 345284View attachment 345285
It is unbranded. Hopefully your notebook laptop lasts long. If you got a more powerful laptop, first thing I recommend to install is a locally run AI, known as Mistral 7B, but I am afraid that your new laptop would not be able to run it. My 6 year old laptop struggles running it also.

A more realistic thing to install that does not use AI is Firefox, and the addon "uBlock Origin", which blocks ads on the internet.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟428,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes please let us know about the dual boot thing. I am curious myself. Whenever I tried to dual boot Win 11 & another system all I got were headaches. Good luck!

Upvote 0

nhaas11

Christian News: http://www.shekach.com
Oct 3, 2015
Fresno Ca
Visit site
✟8,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have gone away from dual boot. if you have a good pc install Proxmox, then install your OS's of choice on Proxmox. I have moved all of my work stuff onto Windows 10 VM recently. When work is done i close RDP, and dont worry about work.

Now the reason for no-dual boot. I ran ubuntu, SuSE, Windows 10 are various times as dual boot. With upgrades you can get rewrites of grub causing my dual boot to fail...maybe its me, maybe its not. I think all occasions I was able to recover. Dual Boot can be a hassle.....

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟428,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@nhaas11 ,
I tried proxmox but did not like it. I am glad you found a reliable solution! Enjoy your mini pc! I just bought a chromebook myself here. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums