WI
✟111,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm looking for some good knowledgeable books on the Bolshevik Revolution. Any suggestions?
Well, the book Russka by Edward Rutherford covers Russian history from the ancient times up through the early 1990s. It touches upon the Bolshevik Revolution in a few chapters, but has to cover 1,800 years of history. I read it in 2014, and it was a good book. They don't really make books that good anymore in the 2020s. I'm betting if Rutherford could make a book about Russia from 1991 to 2023, it would be thousands of pages long about how Russia became a dictatorship under Putin. In other words, Russia only had a brief period of time where it could have had a chance to become a democracy after the end of the USSR and before Putin came into power in the year 2000. That time during the '90s wasn't used well, and look at where Russia is today. A dictatorship run on greed and power. But, the book is good and explains why Russia ended up the way it is today.

Russka: Russka (novel) - Wikipedia

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll look into that. Thanks my autistic friend.
You are welcome. And a label isn't necessary bro. I am just your friend, regardless of if I have autism or not. :) The 2020s is a decade of slapping labels onto everything, from flags on Christmas merchandise to people identifying as nonbinary. Our world is going downhill by the years.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My apologies
Thanks man. Apology accepted, and you are forgiven. Plus, you can edit it if you want to, but I recommend leaving your original response the way it is for future readers here to understand context.

Upvote 0