✟22,672.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all you book readers

I'm looking for a good book that I can give a person who is a sceptic of Christianity. Got any suggestions?

C. S Lewis once said, that God has many snares out there for any person who is an atheist, himself included when he was younger. He said that Phantastes was one of the books that had a huge impact on himself, and that it baptized his imagination. The person who I want to gift a book loves the Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion, which in some sense have baptized her own imagination.
If you know of any book that might be a sneaky eye opener, I'm all ears!

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟563,397.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It depends where the person is coming from in their current belief about the world. There is not one size fits all.

For those who think science debunks Christianity,

It’s a long narrative but “ a sceptics search for meaning” by Mike willesee is a fascinating read. He was certainly Australia’s if not one of the worlds best respected investigative journalists. He spent some of his life debunking the paranormal and alleged theistic phenomena.

Then a sequence of inexplicable happenings and scientific investigations leads him back to the church. Makes you think…

Chesterton also resonates with some.
Take Orthodoxy.

I'm looking for a good book that I can give a person who is a sceptic of Christianity. Got any suggestions?

C. S Lewis once said, that God has many snares out there for any person who is an atheist, himself included when he was younger. He said that Phantastes was one of the books that had a huge impact on himself, and that it baptized his imagination. The person who I want to gift a book loves the Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion, which in some sense have baptized her own imagination.

Upvote 0

Maniel

Jul 26, 2019
Aarhus
✟22,672.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It depends where the person is coming from in their current belief about the world. There is not one size fits all.

For those who think science debunks Christianity,

It’s a long narrative but “ a sceptics search for meaning” by Mike willesee is a fascinating read. He was certainly Australia’s if not one of the worlds best respected investigative journalists. He spent some of his life debunking the paranormal and alleged theistic phenomena.

Then a sequence of inexplicable happenings and scientific investigations leads him back to the church. Makes you think…
Yeah I guess I would have to know exactly what causes the issue. I was thinking some kind of fiction like LOTR or Narnia, since she has her guards down a bit when it comes to a good story. And here's hoping it might do the same as it did to Lewis!

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟730,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I think you need more info from her who she thinks God is .... or maybe she don't believe He exists at all. Depending on her currently held views will help determine what might be the best books to recommend. Also age?

Upvote 0