Sussex
✟43,766.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I've written a book for kids aged 7 -12 years old. Sort of in the style of Tom Gates, but from a boys point of view of life in church.
I guess this is sort of a plug, but the reason I wrote the book wasn't for anything other than to get my son (who loves Tom Gates) to ask questions about Church and Christian life. He's a good kid anyway, so he said he loved the book (probably just being pleasant, but hey!) but it did open up to some pretty cool conversations about faith in God and Baptism etc.

If anyone's interested, have a look on amazon (you can see some of the pages on there to get an idea of what it's like). What I'd love is for other kids to read it and then start asking questions about the Bible which then leads them on to faith in Christ.

To cut a long story short the star of the book (Jamie) has an annoying brother called Jeff. Jeff ends up getting baptised, and it's Jamie's view of the whole process and what it does to his life that's the core of the book.

The Daydreams Of Jamie Hawklett

https://www.amazon.com/Daydreams-Ja...=8-1&keywords=the+daydreams+of+jamie+hawklett

Jamiecover1.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟36,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessings. Helping Christians to be aware of your book is a really hard task, esp. since the sites that Christians frequent will often ban information on your own books (a Catch 22: no one else knows to tell about them, but you are not allowed to let anyone find them)

Upvote 0

RageOfAngels

Sep 1, 2017
Sussex
✟43,766.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That's very true. It is difficult to let folks know about your books. I posted about my book in about 5 different locations (all with very small readership) and one of them deleted the post. I'm not really that bothered though, as I didn't write the book to make money, or to sell many. I just wrote it for my son, and a few other people were interested in it, so I sent them the link.

I've actually just finished writing the follow-up, and hopefully it will be out in December. I predict this will sell less than the first! :)

Upvote 0