Visit site
✟2,432.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I guess the question could be asked, would a Christian blasphemy the Holy Spirit? I would have to say if a 'believer' blasphemed the Holy Spirit, then they probably weren't a Christian in the first place.

I guess it could go to "What is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?"

Upvote 0
A

Antman_05

Thats not really what i asked but good point.... i mean blasphemy some say could be rejecting what the Holy Spirit leads and guides some one to do somthing.
But many Christians do reject the Spirit's leading so does that mean that because they reject His leading they aren't Christian if so i would say that no one is save :S
So i think you gotta be carefull thats why i ask for a reformed view point.
Because Willo you have already said that you are not a reformed theologan in the Holiness Post

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Antman_05 said:
Mat 12:31 Therefore I say to you, All kinds of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men, but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven to men.

Is it just me or does this hint that you can lose your salvation ?

If not please explane what it means ? Or just explane it ?

It a severe warning against going down the road to destruction ........

because I see many warning signs on a Highway , does it follow that I am in immediate proximate danger of dying ?

Many signs are in scripture that are used by God to guide and protect His sheep , it is the blind leading the blind who Jesus said would fall into a pit .......

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟86,484.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
One thing we do know is that a man saved by Christ...an elect of God would never blaspheme the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit dwells in him leading him into all truth .

Look at the context of that statement. It was being said that Jesus was doing the work of satan.
Attributing a work of God to Satan is the work of one without discernment ( the Holy Spirit)

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This is what I was told by my pastor, who is Calvinist. I asked him how that worked, or what it meant in the light of the clear teaching of Preservation of the Saints...

He told me 1) I didn't have to worry about it because only the people around Jesus at the time could do it.
and 2) a christian cannot blaspheme the HS, period.

He said that Jesus said this after the pharasees had accused Him of putting devils out of the people with Satan's authority, not God's. So to blaspheme the HS is to attribute the miracles of Jesus as being done with the power of the devil.

Now, I'll admit, it really threw me for a loop here, because I have never heard that at all, but, it does sort of make sense. That perhaps it was spoken to the pharasees of the day, who were seeing with their own eyes the miracles of Jesus and STILL denying Him.

What does everyone else think? I'm not sure if I explained it very well...so if I need to explain it better, let me know....

Upvote 0

CoffeeSwirls

snaps back wash after wash...
Apr 17, 2004
Ankeny, Iowa
Visit site
✟8,437.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
1. The righteous shall live by faith. (Romans 1:17)
2. Faith is the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 2:8)
3. Therefore, those who the spirit leads will not blaspheme.

Oversimplified, I know, but this is the core elements as I see them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums