Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NEW YORK – Commenting on the Biden Administration and local officials in Fairfax County, Virginia, promoting March 31, which this year was Easter Sunday, as Transgender Day of Visibility, Bishop Michael Burbidge of Arlington called it “offensive to many people and unnecessary.”

“I was so extremely, extremely disappointed that our local officials and our president would use the most important religious observance of the Christian calendar to proclaim a message that is political, it is, and a source of division,” Burbidge said April 4. “It was offensive to many people, and unnecessary.”

“I know you’re going to say, ‘well it goes back to March 31, 2009.’” Burbidge continued. “But we transfer holidays all of the time. We haven’t really talked about this day until it was on Easter, so I would tend to think that it was calculated and that is really, really sad, and it was offensive as Christians.”

Transgender Day of Visibility has been celebrated on March 31 since 2009. President Joe Biden has issued a proclamation around the observance of that date every year since becoming president. This year, the day coincidentally fell on Easter Sunday, which falls on a different date each year.

Continued below.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟438,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And the ridiculous thing is going forward that stupid day will always be on March 31st but Easter will move around, so that just goes to show that our "Catholic" president did it to deliberately commit sacrilege.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
NEW YORK – Commenting on the Biden Administration and local officials in Fairfax County, Virginia, promoting March 31, which this year was Easter Sunday, as Transgender Day of Visibility, Bishop Michael Burbidge of Arlington called it “offensive to many people and unnecessary.”

“I was so extremely, extremely disappointed that our local officials and our president would use the most important religious observance of the Christian calendar to proclaim a message that is political, it is, and a source of division,” Burbidge said April 4. “It was offensive to many people, and unnecessary.”

“I know you’re going to say, ‘well it goes back to March 31, 2009.’” Burbidge continued. “But we transfer holidays all of the time. We haven’t really talked about this day until it was on Easter, so I would tend to think that it was calculated and that is really, really sad, and it was offensive as Christians.”

Transgender Day of Visibility has been celebrated on March 31 since 2009. President Joe Biden has issued a proclamation around the observance of that date every year since becoming president. This year, the day coincidentally fell on Easter Sunday, which falls on a different date each year.

Continued below.
I remember the 2010s, and no one talked about transgender stuff. Since the late 2010s, and especially the early 2020s, that trans stuff is all that the politicians ever want to talk about, instead of the truly paramount issues of modern society such as starvation, poverty, overpriced healthcare, taxing greedy corporations (we should tax Elon Musk and billionaires more) and climate change.

Alright, here is quick rundown of the article, for those who are pressed with time:

The article written by John Lavenburg, published on April 4, 2024, reports on Bishop Michael Burbidge of Arlington's criticism of local Fairfax County officials and President Joe Biden for promoting Transgender Day of Visibility on Easter Sunday of that year. The Transgender Day of Visibility has been observed annually on March 31 since 2009, and this year it coincidentally fell on Easter Sunday.

Burbidge expressed his disappointment in a podcast episode of "Walk Humbly," stating that using the most important religious observance of the Christian calendar to promote a political message and cause division was offensive and unnecessary. He emphasized that while the Church offers love, compassion, and support for transgender individuals, it cannot agree with their identification as anything other than what God created them to be.

Additionally, Burbidge criticized the government bodies for attempting to take away from Christians' Easter celebration and wished that they would instead celebrate all of life. Burbidge praised Cardinal Wilton Gregory for his recent appearance on CBS's "Face the Nation," where Gregory labeled Biden a 'cafeteria Catholic.'

Burbidge also expressed disappointment in the White House's decision to prohibit religious symbols or themes at its Easter egg decorating contest, stating that if they were going to exclude religious symbols, they might as well not have the event. He concluded by expressing his disappointment in seeing a Catholic president compromise his faith on Easter Sunday.

Upvote 0