Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Being "still" has always been nearly impossible for me. God is patient, however. I am learning...to be still...and....to KNOW, that He is God. Awwww He is God, my Father, my Abba. HE settles me down, if i but dare to just ask. And even if i don't verbalize it in words, my "heart" asks. And THAT is what He hears, and then He moves, intervenes, ministers, and calms me. And His Spirit, His precious Spirit hovers, fills, and infiltrates my heart, mind, and my spirit and there it is, His sweet "presence". And i'm in His lap, resting my weary head on His chest. It's like Jesus said when He invited all who had ears to hear, to come to Him, all who are heavy laden and burdened, and weary, and He WILL give us rest, for He is meek and lowly in heart (how precious is that?) and not only that, but He says to "learn" of Him and we will find "rest" for our souls. Well that sounds like sorta' "coming home", a haven for our souls, where we "wander" and are "restless" no more. Where we can breeeeeathe easy, and be at peace with One Who is the epitome of "Solace". Just how delightfully joyful is that?

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." ~Matthew 11:28-30

"Snuggle in God's arms.
When you are hurting,
when you feel lonely, left out...
let him cradle you, comfort you,
reassure you of His all-sufficient
power and love."
~Kay Arthur

Last edited:
Reactions: dizzielizzie
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Moses, as he stood on the edge of a sea, with the Israelites, and the Pharoah's army closing in fast behind them, just epitomizes what "being still and knowing He is God", is. It is precious how this particular actor catches the expressions of utter amazement that Moses must have experienced, as God Himself parted that sea. His expressions are akin to what any of us would be experiencing in that dire situation and it reminds me that no matter what, we CAN just be "still" and "know" that He is God.

Father may we know deeep in our hearts, minds, and spirits what it truly means to "be still and KNOW that You are God". May Your name be praised and may You be glorified through us, Your children, as we trust in You and KNOW that You are God, in the name of Jesus, amen.

Still - Be Still and Know that I am God! - YouTube

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Father it's murky sometimes to fathom the depths of Your love for me and the utter depths of the suffering and the cost that Your only begotten Son freely endured, paying a penalty i could never ever pay. Moooooove in my heart, mind, and soul to grasp it fully. May it never be pushed aside, put on a shelf, or just a vague thought that has no meaning, but real and crystal clear, always. May i ALWAYS in the utter depths of my heart, mind, and soul learn of and embrace Your wondrous love. Plant it in the depths of my heart and soul and mind so that it takes root and grows and replaces all that is not of You, in the name of Jesus, amen. ((((hug))))

What Wonderous love is this - YouTube
What Wondrous Love Is This?

What Wondrous Love Is This
By: American Folk Hymn
What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this
That caused the Lord of bliss
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul, for my soul,
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul!

When I was sinking down, sinking down, sinking down,
When I was sinking down, sinking down,
When I was sinking down
Beneath God’s righteous frown,
Christ laid aside His crown for my soul for my soul,
Christ laid aside His crown for my soul.

To God and to the Lamb I will sing, I will sing;
To God and to the Lamb I will sing;
To God and to the Lamb,
Who is the great I AM,
While millions join the theme, I will sing, I will sing,
While millions join the theme, I will sing.

And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on;
And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on.
And when from death I’m free
I’ll sing His love for me,
And through eternity I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
And through eternity I’ll sing on.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The theme song from a beautiful movie based on a true story, with clips of the movie:

Fly away home - 10.000 miles - Mary Chapin Carpenter - YouTube

Fly Away Home​

Fare thee well
My own true love
Farewell for a while
I'm going away
But I'll be back
Though I go 10,000 miles

10,000 miles
My own true love
10,000 miles or more
The rocks may melt
And the seas may burn
If I should not return

Oh don't you see
That lonesome dove
Sitting on an ivy tree
She's weeping for
Her own true love
As I shall weep for mine

Oh come ye back
My own true love
And stay a while with me
If I had a friend
All on this earth
You've been a friend to me

SONG - 10,000 miles
ARTIST - Mary Chapin Carpenter
COMPOSER - Mark Isham​

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Chris Rea - Tell Me There's a Heaven - YouTube
Tell Me There's A Heaven
(Chris Rea)

The little girl, she said to me
"What are these things that I can see?
Each night when I come home from school
When Mama calls me in for tea"

Oh, every night a baby dies
And every night a mama cries
What makes those men do what they do?
To make that person black and blue

Grandpa says they're happy now
They sit with God in paradise
With Angels' wings and still somehow
It makes me feel like ice

Tell me there's a Heaven
Tell me that it's true
Tell me there's a reason
Why I'm seeing what I do

Tell me there's a Heaven
Where all those people go
Tell me they're all happy now
Papa, tell me that it's so

So, do I tell her that it's true?
That there's a place for me and you
Where hungry children smile and say
We wouldn't have no other way

That every painful crack of bones
Is a step along the way
Every wrong done is a game plan
To that great and joyful day

And I'm looking
At the father and the son
And I'm looking
At the mother and the daughter

And I'm watching them in tears of pain
And I'm watching them suffer
Don't tell that little girl
Tell me

Tell me there's a Heaven
Tell me that it's true
Tell me there's a reason
Why I'm seeing what I do

Tell me there's a Heaven
Where all those people go
Tell me they're all happy now
Papa, tell me that it's so​

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
More recently, I became aware of two weapons that are lethal to the enemy. And they are humbleness (God's definition of it, not man's), and forgiveness. Now both of these weapons are lethal to the enemy in the spiritual realm where spiritual warfare is raging. And both are off-shoots of love. They are the symptoms, if you will, that love (God's) abides in one's heart and is rooted in there. Y'see love (and hence, humbleness and forgiveness) emit Light, the Light of course, being God's own Light shining forth from a vessel He abides in......for WHEREVER He is, His Light is there right along with Him. And as He abides, His characteristics slowly but surely take root in the soil of that vessel's heart for He has made that heart into fertile soil to grow it. And grow it does. And as it does, those characteristics that are not of Him become "distasteful" to the vessel more and more as a transformation takes place.....

and then it happens....

the vessel "sees" (gains clarity and wisdom) what God promised would be taught by Himself through His Spirit, as if the blinders are removed. Such as:

"Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.’" ~Jeremiah 33:3

and this:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." ~John 14:26

And in the "seeing" sees also what true spiritual "weapons" are:

humbleness, forgiveness = sprouted from the root of "love"

And love is lethal to the enemy, for he has no defense against it. He can only "win" against those who are like him, who think like he does, and who are deceived into thinking they can outsmart, outmaneuver, out combat the enemy, but even moreso, those who harbor no love for their brethren (for as it is written, how can you love your Father in heaven who you cannot see, if you do not love your brother who you can see?). In addition, fear is possibly the enemy's most effective weapon. What quenches that fiery weapon is love, for perfect love casts out fear. We are reminded that "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." ~II Timothy 1:7 Perfect love encompasses humbleness, forgiveness, grace, and those fruits of the spirit that are named in in the Bible:

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~I Corinthians 13:13

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." ~Galatians 5:22-23

What identifies a child of God? "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." ~Matthew 7:20

Let's take a look at this verse:

"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." ~Zechariah 4:6

God exhorts and reminds us that it is not our power, but His Spirit that defeats the enemy. Therefore if God's Spirit is within us and we are yielded to Him, His love permeates our hearts, minds, souls, and shines from within. And there we have it, a killer combo: God's Light scattering all darkness and the most lethal weapon of all: Love.

But back to humbleness and forgiveness (components of and empowered by love)......it took me forever and a day, but tonight it dawned on me sooooo clearly, as i watched a telecast of something that unsettled me and i wasn't sure why....

i was kinda' angry.....but then, it was as if God cleared a fog away as His precious clarity along with His peace descended on me like a warm blanket...and there it was. The only weapons against the subtle deceptions of the enemy is humbleness and forgiveness. Both disarm the enemy. Now of course neither is possible in our own strength, but only in God;s. The humbleness is the "yielding" to Him, giving Him the reigns of your own will and ego (thus giving them their funeral, cuz they iz dead, mon) and forgiveness is a real "killer", mon. It is actual "armor", both are, and are coated with "love" which is "poison" to the enemy. Forgiveness not only sets the one free who did the offense, more importantly it sets the one done wrong to, free. It breaks ALL the chains. Smashes 'em to smithereens. Corrie Ten Boom writes more on forgiveness (more on this daughter of the Most High later).

Back to my point (i finally do get back to it) ok, it's about the "taming" of the tongue and probably the hardest to yield to God. Yet, THIS is the biggest defeat to the enemy, when we yield our yakking instrument to God. And that is because when we yield it, God is immediately glorified as all of heaven witnesses this testimony of a vessel (us) yielding the stronghold of the tongue, as a "sacrifice" for God's glory, as all of heaven rejoices. THIS is loving God with all one's heart, mind, soul, and strength. And THIS is evidence of a well-armed child of the Most High God.

Well here's an interesting and edifying read on it from Leonard Ravenhill, a man after God's own heart, and one of the Godliest men who ever stood in the pulpit: The Taming of the Tongue

O for a heart to praise my God.
A heart from sin set free.
A heart that always feels the blood,
So freely shed for me.
A heart resigned, submissive, meek,
My Great Redeemer's throne,
Where only Christ is heard to speak,
Where Jesus reigns alone.
~John Wesley

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
One of the "keys" and one of the most mis-understood components (and requirements) for "walking with God" is the fear of God.

What does it mean, exactly to "fear" God? To put it simply, it is "recognizing" God's "holy-ness" and thus the complete absence of our own, for we are ALL reprobate, fallen creatures. And the bottom line is that because of God's holy-ness, we and all of our "righteousness" are like dirty rags. We are NOT "good" nor "worthy". We are sinful creatures. The only alternative is to recognize our utter need for His grace and to acknowledge our utter un-holy-ness and wretchedness. And seek His mercy, His forgiveness, and to be covered with the righteousness of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

The fear of God = walking with God.

"For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:" ~Proverbs 1:29​

is

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job 1:1-5

"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters. His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east. And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them. And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually."

Wisdom for the Heart

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job 1:6-12

"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD."

Wisdom for the Heart

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job 1:13-22

"And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them: And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly."

Wisdom for the Heart

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job 2:1-10

"Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause. And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life. But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life. So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown. And he took him a potsherd to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes. Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die. But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips."

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job 2:9-10

"Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die. But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips."

Wisdom for the Heart

(i'll comment later on this study/sermon).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This lesson is priceless. He's spot on. Only when we are led and prompted by the Holy Spirit, should we open our mouths. We PRAY first so that it is the Holy Spirit winning the dear one's heart, mind, and soul (and not us.) Otherwise we risk running our own mouths and thus we disallow the Holy Spirit speaking through us to a heart HE has prepared to hear what HE says through us.

Play Questions & Answers - Thru the Bible - Questions & Answers with Dr. J. Vernon McGee

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job 2:11-13

"Now when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that was come upon him, they came every one from his own place; Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite: for they had made an appointment together to come to mourn with him and to comfort him. And when they lifted up their eyes afar off, and knew him not, they lifted up their voice, and wept; and they rent every one his mantle, and sprinkled dust upon their heads toward heaven. So they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights, and none spake a word unto him: for they saw that his grief was very great."

Wisdom for the Heart

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This dark chapter in Job's biography not only teaches us a valuable lesson about the heart of worship . . . it also teaches us an invaluable lesson about the heart of God. ~Stephen Davey

Job is depressed, weary. He is lamenting. This chapter could also be called Job's Lamentations.

Wisdom for the Heart

Upvote 0