Biden’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan Is An Illegal Scheme To Buy Back Young Votes

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's interesting. I think we have one conservative person saying we shouldn't look down on these workers. And then we have another one saying they are lazy, stupid.

Perhaps that is the new big tent Conservatism that is a thing?

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, that's pretty rich. In every single discussion about the minimum wage and other protections for low-wage workers, it's libs who talk about how these folks deserve to be treated better, deserve to be paid better, and it's conservatives who talk about how they're not worth more, how they're lazy or unmotivated, and how they ought to better themselves if they want anything better than what they currently have.
Baloney. Don't try and paint liberals as more compassionate, their wokeness has caused economic hardship for many and a lot of suffering for more victims of human trafficking and violent crime. It's a losing debate for you. A number of student loans today are for woke educations and this would make blue collar workers and the rest of America pay for it. Most of all Joe Biden knows the Supreme Court has ruled against his administration paying off student loans but he is going ahead anyways. He doesn't care if the Supreme Court rules against it after the election, it is an opportunity to buy votes.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Baloney. Don't try and paint liberals as more compassionate, their wokeness has caused economic hardship for many and a lot of suffering for more victims of human trafficking and violent crime. It's a losing debate for you.
Help me understand what compassion they receive from Conservatives? So far I've seen name calling and threats (veiled or direct) to limit "entitlements". I am genuinely curious about what Conservativism as an ideology has done to help the poor. Because I have a feeling the list is exactly as long as:
1) Lowering their taxes

I can't think of a single other benefit Republicans have gone for.
A number of student loans today are for woke educations and this would make blue collar workers and the rest of America pay for it.
I have it on good authority, their tax dollars are being used to fix the bridge in Baltimore so don't worry about it!

I'm sure there are people here (and I know there are many in other places) who are HAPPY to have their tax dollars used to help people.

As if it would be the first time in America's HISTORY where someone paid taxes for something they disagreed with. Pffft.
Most of all Joe Biden knows the Supreme Court has ruled against his administration paying off student loans but he is going ahead anyways. He doesn't care if the Supreme Court rules against it after the election, it is an opportunity to buy votes.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Baloney. Don't try and paint liberals as more compassionate, their wokeness has caused economic hardship for many and a lot of suffering for more victims of human trafficking and violent crime. It's a losing debate for you.

Losing? No.
Pointless? Quite.

A number of student loans today are for woke educations

You just made a testable claim. Can you support that claim with actual data or is it as divorced from reality as all of the stuff you write about Ashley Babbitt?

and this would make blue collar workers and the rest of America pay for it.

Wait, I thought it was the rich who paid most of the taxes in this country. Which is it?

Most of all Joe Biden knows the Supreme Court has ruled against his administration paying off student loans but he is going ahead anyways. He doesn't care if the Supreme Court rules against it after the election, it is an opportunity to buy votes.
Please tell me more about buying votes while you simp for the guy who cut taxes on real estate developers and private plane buyers.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It's interesting. I think we have one conservative person saying we shouldn't look down on these workers. And then we have another one saying they are lazy, stupid.

Perhaps that is the new big tent Conservatism that is a thing?
Who said they are lazy and stupid? No one I know. Or are you another one that like to take things out of context to gas light people?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You just made a testable claim. Can you support that claim with actual data or is it as divorced from reality as all of the stuff you write about Ashley Babbitt?
Is it testable? I'm trying to find research regarding the percentage of schools tha

t teach woke education. Guess what there isn't any. What we do have though is information on subjects that ARE being taught.

I wonder honestly if you would accept that or not? What would you need in order to agree that there is woke education?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is it testable? I'm trying to find research regarding the percentage of schools tha

t teach woke education. Guess what there isn't any. What we do have though is information on subjects that ARE being taught.

I wonder honestly if you would accept that or not? What would you need in order to agree that there is woke education?
You could start by showing the breakdown of how many outstanding loans there were per major or field.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Baloney. Don't try and paint liberals as more compassionate, their wokeness has caused economic hardship for many and a lot of suffering for more victims of human trafficking and violent crime.

If your point was that “liberals’…‘wokeness’“ makes them less compassionate to victims of human-trafficking, then your argument is actually that they are using “compassion“ incorrectly, not that there is a greater (or lesser) quantity of compassion.
It's a losing debate for you. A number of student loans today are for woke educations and this would make blue collar workers and the rest of America pay for it. Most of all Joe Biden knows the Supreme Court has ruled against his administration paying off student loans but he is going ahead anyways. He doesn't care if the Supreme Court rules against it after the election, it is an opportunity to buy votes.
Some lawyer is going to try to argue that loans that never get paid off is a form of “legalized slavery”, which would be barred by the 13th Amendment.
Which would lead to making the defaulting on such loans a criminal offense and bring back debtors’ prisons, (nothing more conservative than that)!

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Baloney. Don't try and paint liberals as more compassionate, their wokeness has caused economic hardship for many and a lot of suffering for more victims of human trafficking and violent crime. It's a losing debate for you. A number of student loans today are for woke educations and this would make blue collar workers and the rest of America pay for it. Most of all Joe Biden knows the Supreme Court has ruled against his administration paying off student loans but he is going ahead anyways. He doesn't care if the Supreme Court rules against it after the election, it is an opportunity to buy votes.
I find a lot of liberals are compassionate. So are conservatives. The difference is how the compassion is manifested into reality. For liberals compassion is shown by giving people money even if it enables people to keep doing what they are doing which will just lead them I to wanting more money in the future. It's an enabling process. Whereas conservative define compassion as giving money when needed but then helping people learn to b self sufficient. It's the old give people a fish vs teaching people to fish concept.

The liberal compassion also often looks down on people and thinks of them as b ing unable to help themselv a or succeed without the liberals help. It appeals to their sense of compassion and superiority. It creates dependance on others rather than independent successful people. It's what creates perpetual victims.

Conservative compassion says we'll help you, but we believe in your ability to succeed. That the person doesn't need our constant handouts b cause they are better than that. I'm not their great white hope. They CAN be successful, independent people with a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
We all know what builds strong character and strong people who go on to do great things. It's not those who are told they can't make it, but they are just poor victims who everyone is out to get except the liberals. They deserve to be taken care of and handed everything. It doesn't build strength but weakness but liberals are often okay with that because it makes them feel good.

Conservatives are more likely to stand with the person and tell them they are not a victim. They are strong if they get want to be. They can do whatever they want to do. They can b successful, they can go on to bigger and better things. They don't need rescuing. They might need a little bit of help which we are glad to provide. But perpetual assistance? Well that's not compassion. That's actually doing everything you can to keep them in the hole.

• Winner
Reactions: Valletta
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why? How would that prove there is woke education going on?
The claim being tested is that “A number of student loans today are for woke educations.”

Showing the breakdown of loans and majors would start giving us an idea of what that number is.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I find a lot of liberals are compassionate. So are conservatives. The difference is how the compassion is manifested into reality. For liberals compassion is shown by giving people money even if it enables people to keep doing what they are doing which will just lead them I to wanting more money in the future. It's an enabling process. Whereas conservative define compassion as giving money when needed but then helping people learn to b self sufficient. It's the old give people a fish vs teaching people to fish concept.

The liberal compassion also often looks down on people and thinks of them as b ing unable to help themselv a or succeed without the liberals help. It appeals to their sense of compassion and superiority. It creates dependance on others rather than independent successful people. It's what creates perpetual victims.

Conservative compassion says we'll help you, but we believe in your ability to succeed. That the person doesn't need our constant handouts b cause they are better than that. I'm not their great white hope. They CAN be successful, independent people with a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
We all know what builds strong character and strong people who go on to do great things. It's not those who are told they can't make it, but they are just poor victims who everyone is out to get except the liberals. They deserve to be taken care of and handed everything. It doesn't build strength but weakness but liberals are often okay with that because it makes them feel good.

Conservatives are more likely to stand with the person and tell them they are not a victim. They are strong if they get want to be. They can do whatever they want to do. They can b successful, they can go on to bigger and better things. They don't need rescuing. They might need a little bit of help which we are glad to provide. But perpetual assistance? Well that's not compassion. That's actually doing everything you can to keep them in the hole.
Which approach, when put into practice, produces the best results?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟498,339.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well if the job is worth that much for flipping burgers then being a plumber must be worth at least a million. A psychologist, probably 2. Your doctor 4-5 (and even start complaining how much medical care costs. And don't even ask me how much a CEO is worth.

But man I love m my $50 burger and fries.
0955DC71-829C-4CED-8AFB-68B5C913B2F3-1200x630.jpeg

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The claim being tested is that “A number of student loans today are for woke educations.”

Showing the breakdown of loans and majors would start giving us an idea of what that number is.
Are there woke majors? What are they?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Which approach, when put into practice, produces the best results?
I think the conservative approach would. The thing is it really hasn't been applied. Since the days of Johnson at least the political landscape on this issue has always been towards the perpetual assistance model.

Because anything else is labeled as uncompassionate, racist or what have you. If one is being honest the liberal approach has not produced results either. So to say which side is better is an impossibility to show at the moment. We see in the cities with are primarily run by Democrats who support the liberal system they have not been successful in the least. And there are lots of opportunities there. It's not like the rural areas of the country where the opportunities are not great in small towns USA. These are cities who people boast as the economic meccas of where everyone should be.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Conservatives love to say things like this to prevent "less worthy" people from getting help, but they never actually get around to help those they deem more deserving.
Are you gas lighting here? Because I think that's exactly what he was saying.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
How’s about a benefit (from a job) that specifically pays down the employee’s student debt?
(If a business is getting a “good”, in this case a well-educated [YMMV] employee, then the business should be expected to pay for that good, at least in part. There could be “matching funds”, (like they do with 401k’s and IRAs?)

Upvote 0