Biblical support for gay sex? A simple question

O

onemessiah

God's Word promotes prejudice and discrimination toward sin from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22:21. His Word promotes an unending prejudice towards that which is against Him. :thumbsup:

And this is the god you want to worship?? A god that will torture someone in hell eternally just because they are gay? Does the punishment fit the "crime"?:sick:

Upvote 0
O

onemessiah

SO exactly what does sex being a private, personal affair have to do with homo acts of sex being sin?:confused:

It means stay out of their affairs. Stop pushing for laws that strip them of their rights and degrade them. Stop denying them jobs because you don't want a homo in your workplace. Stop teaching your kids to disrespect them because they are different from you. Get it yet?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And this is the god you want to worship?? A god that will torture someone in hell eternally just because they are gay? Does the punishment fit the "crime"?:sick:

Umm. What are you talking about? Who said anything about God torturing someone in hell because they are gay? :confused:

I worship a JUST God who is GOD alone. He has set the standard for which we should strive. But you can't reach it, without Him because HE IS the standard.

Folks don't get sent to hell for being gay. They get sent to hell for unforgiven sin.

Stop pushing for laws that strip them of their rights and degrade them. Stop denying them jobs because you don't want a homo in your workplace. Stop teaching your kids to disrespect them because they are different from you. Get it yet?

Nope. What does any of this have to do with private affairs and sin still being sin,private or public?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
O

onemessiah

Umm. What are you talking about? Who said anything about God torturing someone in hell because they are gay? :confused:

I worship a JUST God who is GOD alone. He has set the standard for which we should strive. But you can't reach it, without Him because HE IS the standard.

Folks don't get sent to hell for being gay. They get sent to hell for unforgiven sin.

Nope. What does any of this have to do with private affairs and sin still being sin,private or public?

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

As for the first part of your post, the bible says so.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

As for the first part of your post, the bible says so.

You're misunderstanding the context of what the Scripture says. People who identify as gay and who participate in fornicative homosexual acts are no more sinners than the heterosexual who participates in fornicative heterosexual acts.

As a Christian, the blood of Christ covers these sins too. Without a doubt there are Christians who participate in fornicative homosexual acts just as there are Christians who participate in fornicative heterosexual acts.

Those who are indwelled by the Holy Spirit KNOW in their hearts that the behavior is wrong and the Holy Spirit will chasten them into righteousness.

Those who are calling themselves Christians yet who continue in what becomes a life of sin and who try to make wrong into right should leave anyone who knows them concerned about their eternal souls.

So again, people don't go to hell because they are gay anymore than they go to hell because they are straight. There are a lot of gay sinners and there are a whooooooole lot more straight sinners.

But gay or straight, folks go to hell because they have not trusted in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. They go to hell because they have not confessed and repented of their sins and been forgiven by the ONE who can save men from Hell.

Upvote 0
O

onemessiah

You're misunderstanding the context of what the Scripture says. People who identify as gay and who participate in fornicative homosexual acts are no more sinners than the heterosexual who participates in fornicative heterosexual acts.

As a Christian, the blood of Christ covers these sins too. Without a doubt there are Christians who participate in fornicative homosexual acts just as there are Christians who participate in fornicative heterosexual acts.

Those who are indwelled by the Holy Spirit KNOW in their hearts that the behavior is wrong and the Holy Spirit will chasten them into righteousness.

Those who are calling themselves Christians yet who continue in what becomes a life of sin and who try to make wrong into right should leave anyone who knows them concerned about their eternal souls.

So again, people don't go to hell because they are gay anymore than they go to hell because they are straight. There are a lot of gay sinners and there are a whooooooole lot more straight sinners.

But gay or straight, folks go to hell because they have not trusted in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. They go to hell because they have not confessed and repented of their sins and been forgiven by the ONE who can save men from Hell.

I'm curious about your use of the word "fornicative". Are you saying that if homosexuals were married and had sex, then there would be no sin?
In other words, being gay or homosexual sex is not a sin, only the fornication aspect is?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm curious about your use of the word "fornicative". Are you saying that if homosexuals were married and had sex, then there would be no sin?
In other words, being gay or homosexual sex is not a sin, only the fornication aspect is?

Nope. This doesn't solve the sin because even if the state or federal government allows for homosexual "marriage", it is not ordained by God. God has already spoken as to what a marriage is. So taking two homosexuals through a man-made ceremony doesn't FIX the root issue.

But yes. It's the fornicative ACT that is the sin. God's Word NEVER says that it is a sin to be a certain orientation. It's no more a sin to be gay than it is to be straight.

The sin is the fornicative act that takes place just as it would be between two straight people.

God's Word speaks to ACTS not orientations. If there is no act of fornication or act of lust taking place, where is the sin?

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A simple question:

Where is/are the passages, scriptures, or statements, in the Bible, from either the Old Testament (or rather, the Tanakh, if you like) or from the New Testament, that promotes, supports or encourages "anyone," to engage in same-gender sex acts?

I can't believe that this thread is actually going the distance. The owner of the OP knows that no such scriptures exist. But, so what ...what is this 'omission' from the Bible supposed to prove, one way or the other?

I'll offer another example of something of MAJOR importance that is missing from the Bible. It simply ain't there. And, Christians and nonChristians alike participate in this practice on a regular basis ...that of birth control. Birth control is TOTALLY unnatural and would, I'm sure, be an abomination to God according to the superstitious nature of the Bible-writers. That is, IF the ancient authors had ever considered birth control, of course. But they did not consider it and, just like consensual 'gay' relationships of today, what was unknown to them was obviously the reason for such omission.

We should not underestimate the knowledge base of these ancient scribes but we should not OVERestimate it either. Even if God DID inspire these good folk they did NOT suddenly become walking encyclopedias. Sheesh ...it doesn't take Einstein to figure this one out!

The counter-argument to the OP is, of course, that nowhere in the scriptures can a text be found, 1. that recognizes and addresses one's innate sexual orientation, be it 'gay' or 'straight' 2. where people of EITHER sexual orientation actually 'fall in love' as we know it today, and 3. where either 1. or 2. are actually condemned by God.

If Bible 'omission' indicates disapproval by God then may we all return to 2000 years ago and beyond ASAP since little or NOTHING of life today as we know it was mentioned by the ancient scribes.

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

Nicely played. You can pretend to be supportive of minorities while at the same time condemning those same minorities.

Nope. This doesn't solve the sin because even if the state or federal government allows for homosexual "marriage", it is not ordained by God. God has already spoken as to what a marriage is.
Polygamous and often the result of rape

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

darkshadow

Aug 20, 2008
Here
✟15,566.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A simple question:

Where is/are the passages, scriptures, or statements, in the Bible, from either the Old Testament (or rather, the Tanakh, if you like) or from the New Testament, that promotes, supports or encourages "anyone," to engage in same-gender sex acts?

I will answer this question one last time and all those agree answer the same way. Ready!
There are none! That simple.:thumbsup:

Reactions: marksman315
Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To Olliefranz,
then some people see similar euphemisms in 1 Samuel 16:22 (Saul and David) and 1 Samuel 20:41 (Jonathan and David).
really, which verses?

There are only two options given: celibacy if you have the gift for it and marriage if you don't. Now consider a gay person who does not have the gift for celibacy. Where is his way of escape if you do not recognize same-sex marriage?
Consider a Christian who believes in Jesus Christ, they will have the desire to follow Jesus Christ rather than their sexual desires. Having believed they know the truth.

So, if marriage is only, as you have defined it, between cross-sex couples, neither of the only two alternatives provides the way of escape promised in 1 Corinthians 10:13. But nowhere in this passage does Paul define who it is better to marry. Nowhere in the entire Bible does it state that marriage can only be cross-sex.
So as it doesn’t Christians don’t need to worry about it they need to follow what the Bible does teach. Anyway that’s your argument from supposed silence again. Sorry but this thread is about Biblical support for gay sex not what the Bible doesn’t say.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To Onemessiah,
It means stay out of their affairs.
Any group of people could say this, for examples thieves and adulterers, what makes you think gay and lesbians have a special case? As far as God is concerned they dont, as as this is the subject of the thread O suggest you ought to be mindful of Christian affairs.

As Zaac revealed we dont worship a god quite like that, can you tell us who does?

Upvote 0

Kerwin

Aug 20, 2008
✟15,560.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
The following has occurred many times, Polycarp_fan, so I'll ask a question of you. Children that have been raised within a Christian environment have also 'come out' later in life as 'gays'. You know that as well as I do.

Question: how would YOU handle the situation if the above applied to one of your own children?

That is actually a silly question since "Children that have been raised within a Christian environment" do sin. The may "come out" as alcoholics, adulterers, thieves, etc. The hope of good parents is that their children will return to the ways they were taught. Sadly this does not always happen. I am of course assuming you mean sincere practicing Christian when you say Christian environment.

Upvote 0

darkshadow

Aug 20, 2008
Here
✟15,566.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is actually a silly question since "Children that have been raised within a Christian environment" do sin. The may "come out" as alcoholics, adulterers, thieves, etc. The hope of good parents is that their children will return to the ways they were taught. Sadly this does not always happen. I am of course assuming you mean sincere practicing Christian when you say Christian environment.

So are you saying that in a true Christian home, a child will not "come out" as gay, and if they do then they are not from a real christian home?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kerwin

Aug 20, 2008
✟15,560.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Only to those who oppose it.

Those who support it believe it to be good and so it is still an ethical issue. They are enablers as it is obvious that homosexuality misuses the human body just like using a tool for the wrong job does. In my opinion enablers are more of a problem in our society than homosexuality.

Take race for instance being Black is good and White is evil seems and absurd statement as neither are behaviors. It makes more sense about being poor and rich but again they are not behaviors. Ehical issues always cover behaviors in my experience.

Upvote 0

Kerwin

Aug 20, 2008
✟15,560.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
So are you saying that in a true Christian home, a child will not "come out" as gay, and if they do then they are not from a real christian home?

No that is not what I am saying. I was saying even in a true Christian home children depart from what they were taught for various reasons thus leaving their parents hoping they will return.

One example of this is the Prodigal Son parable.

Upvote 0

darkshadow

Aug 20, 2008
Here
✟15,566.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't believe that this thread is actually going the distance. The owner of the OP knows that no such scriptures exist. But, so what ...what is this 'omission' from the Bible supposed to prove, one way or the other?

I'll offer another example of something of MAJOR importance that is missing from the Bible. It simply ain't there. And, Christians and nonChristians alike participate in this practice on a regular basis ...that of birth control. Birth control is TOTALLY unnatural and would, I'm sure, be an abomination to God according to the superstitious nature of the Bible-writers. That is, IF the ancient authors had ever considered birth control, of course. But they did not consider it and, just like consensual 'gay' relationships of today, what was unknown to them was obviously the reason for such omission.

We should not underestimate the knowledge base of these ancient scribes but we should not OVERestimate it either. Even if God DID inspire these good folk they did NOT suddenly become walking encyclopedias. Sheesh ...it doesn't take Einstein to figure this one out!

The counter-argument to the OP is, of course, that nowhere in the scriptures can a text be found, 1. that recognizes and addresses one's innate sexual orientation, be it 'gay' or 'straight' 2. where people of EITHER sexual orientation actually 'fall in love' as we know it today, and 3. where either 1. or 2. are actually condemned by God.

If Bible 'omission' indicates disapproval by God then may we all return to 2000 years ago and beyond ASAP since little or NOTHING of life today as we know it was mentioned by the ancient scribes.

1. Both the Old and New Testament speak of Homosexuality as a abomination to God, Leviticus and Romans. 2. The Song Of Soloman is all about love and falling in love. 3. Yes, again Leviticus and Romans both speak of homosexuality. The reason for responding again is simple, the thread was still going and I felt like answering again with a non PC answer. Like it or not there are not Scriptures in the entire Bible that condone homosexuality, and there are several that condemn it. Its not even a real issue, the Bible is quite clear about it, just because some do not agree does not chage the facts. I am not meaning this in any way but as my own understanding of the Scriptures.

Reactions: marksman315
Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
KCKID said:
The following has occurred many times, Polycarp_fan, so I'll ask a question of you. Children that have been raised within a Christian environment have also 'come out' later in life as 'gays'. You know that as well as I do.
KCKID said:
Question: how would YOU handle the situation if the above applied to one of your own children?

That is actually a silly question since "Children that have been raised within a Christian environment" do sin. They may "come out" as alcoholics, adulterers, thieves, etc.

It's hardly a silly question. It's actually a very legitimate question. There are any number of 'gays' that were raised as Christians (or in a Christian environment) by their parents. By the way, they didn't just 'decide' to be 'gay'. They always knew that they were 'gay' or, at least, 'different' in a sexual way. Furthermore, being 'gay' is NOT a sin, so your equating homosexuality with adulterers and thieves is offensive.

I asked what would be the response of a Christian parent (in this case Polycarp_fan but I'm not picky as to who would care to respond) when the child/youth decides to confront their parent by 'coming out'. A totally legitimate question. Would YOU care to answer the question? What would YOU do if your child came out and told you they were 'gay'?

The hope of good parents is that their children will return to the ways they were taught. Sadly this does not always happen. I am of course assuming you mean sincere practicing Christian when you say Christian environment.

What IS a 'sincere practicing Christian'? I mean children who were raised in a Christian environment ...I have no idea as to how sincere their parents are ...is there a device for measuring Christian sincerity? Actually there is ...a Christian who doesn't condemn others, a Christian who doesn't pre-judge others but who welcomes everyone to the fold 'just as they are' would be such a device.

Hey, I just answered the question I posed to others.

Upvote 0