Servant of Christ
Jul 5, 2002
Northwest Georgia
✟3,402.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Over the Past couple of weeks i have had a growing urge to start some serious Bible study, and just recently, Gerry posted a program to help with Bible study. And once again thanks Gerry. But i have found myself stuck. I'm not exactly sure how to go about studying the Bible. What are somethings i should look for?

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
That's one awesome program! I'm realy enjoying it. :)

One thing you'll want to look for is the guidance of the Holy Ghost. It will bring you understanding, just ask God for it. He'll send it to you.

There are an endless number of things one can study in the Bible. Is there anything in particular you have questions about? That might be the best place to start.

Let's say you have questions about prayer, you can do a search on the word prayer, and look through the scriptures that pertain to it.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
GMI is right. As you begin to do that you will see that many Scriptures will generate more questions and tyou begin to search for those answers and soon you are deep into serious study.

I also am a huge fan of systematic study as well. We are working on some structured Bible Study on a Book by Book basis. I think this might be of some interest to you as well as some others. We are just not quite sure how to format it in these forums. But hopefully we will come up with something very soon, even if it is not perfect.

Upvote 0