bet you never seen the Resurrection in this light...might be pleasantly surprised...:

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus entered into the garden, a dazzling being wrapped in luminosity. Rays of light shot from his personhood and energy emitted in waves in front and behind him as he approached the tomb. He was a living star touching the earth. If human eyes had looked upon him in that moment they would have been blinded by a single opalescent white light, golden at its center where he stood.

The moment had come. This was his desire, his choice. Long ago in eternity he had willed it together with the Father and the Holy Spirit. His terrible glory would be contained in a body, a body fashioned like the first man Adam. He would clothe himself in humanity. That humanity was brutally tortured, slain, bore wounds in hands, feet, side, and gashes on the back, chest, legs, arms and marks on the head. So badly swollen were the cheeks, lips and eyes that the features were unrecognizable.

Jesus standing in spiritual form gazed through the walls of the tomb and easily saw his human body lying in a shroud, the linen napkin tied around the sides of the head and under the chin to prevent the mouth from opening. How comfortless the body looked lying alone on the stone shelf. It mustn’t remain there unloved, forsaken, forgotten, a shadow of a memory of those who had followed him. His humanity was precious to him having been created by the Godhead. The Three had chosen the structure of his face, the color of his hair and eyes, how tall he would be - the sound of his voice…

How sad was death and leaving loved ones until this day. This day he had conquered! This day He had taken the keys of Hell and of death. He had taken the sting of death, received it all full measure into His humanity. This day the curse would be reversed!

Effortlessly Jesus passed through the huge stone blocking the entrance of the cave. At once the darkened tomb became full of his light, causing moisture clinging to the walls to glisten, his baroque fragrance overcoming the stench of death. He regarded his humanity draped in the shroud, sad to find blood had seeped through marking the beautiful white linen Joseph of Aramethea had purchased. He knew the shroud had been expensive. May he be rewarded for his gift, Jesus sighed inwardly. The cloth was especially stained around the heart area where the Roman spear had wounded his side. Quick tears came to Jesus’ eyes. He was glad that his side had been opened to bring forth his Bride. Today his humanity would embrace her. He would once again be given as a gift to Bride just as he had given himself for her on the cross.

Jesus stepped closer and the shrouded figure was bathed in a more intense light. The shroud could not hinder his gaze. Jesus saw beyond the wrappings and regarded his human face, eyes shut, head tilted upward as it rested on the stone pillow carved in the shelf that held the body. The profile seemed to be lifted in a prayer, longing for the light of day. When he looked at the beard, remembering how portions had been ripped out by ruthless men, he thought it nearly seemed impossible that the glory of his divinity would be contained in such frailty. Ah but with God nothing is impossible!

He saw yet more details beneath the shroud. There was one hundred pounds of spikenard packed tightly around the body. And wild flowers placed there by his friends. A tide of gratitude swept into Jesus’ heart.

He surveyed the body from head to toe, noted every wound, every disfigurement and he also looked around the tomb. There were no secret doorways, no other entrances except at the mouth of the cave and that still was covered by a huge round stone. All was ready.

The face of his divinity passed through the shroud beholding the face of his humanity. He breathed on the eyes, especially the left eye which was badly swollen. He passed his breath over the cheeks and brow and the wounds on the face. Lastly he kissed the battered mouth.

Live! He called the name of his humanity the same as he had called Lazurus from the tomb. Jesus! He felt the at-one-ment of the Godhead, the embrace of love and his glory passed into his humanity. His power rushed through the shell of human flesh, reaching all the way to the tips of his fingers and toes, animating muscle and tissue.

Jesus now had joined His divinity with his humanity. The very presence of the divine nature within human flesh caused the body to raise away from the part of the cloth that lie beneath and to hover suspended between the top of the shroud which had covered the skin from head to foot. One breath of divinity and a blaze of incandescent beams of light shot from every part of his wounded humanity, fingers, toes, eyelashes and each strand of hair became infused with this radiance imaged on the very shroud that possessed him. Then, ever so gently, the body again took a position of rest on the stone slab. Virtue flowed to the wounds on back, chest, legs and arms. He commanded restoration and the wounds faded into scars, but the wounds on His hands, feet and side he kept opened.

He felt clearly the rise and fall of his bosom. Jesus realized with complete joy he was once again united to his humanity! I am born all over again! He thought contentedly. Now he was a man and not the tiny baby born in Bethlehem but the same as an infant first discovering fingers and toes were Jesus’ first movements. Soon he lifted his hand, pressing it gently against the linen draped like a tent over him. He opened his human eyes, his divinity peering out of them. He saw the sepia covering and the red blood stains, his crucified body mirrored on the linen. The breath of his nostrils caused the cloth at once to cling to his face, then loosen and once again cling…

“Arise!” he commanded within himself.

Jesus sat up! He removed the shroud from his head, swung his legs over what had been his stony bed and let his feet dangle barely touching the floor of the cave. Giving a wide stretch of arms over his head he was about to speak but realized the chin band was still hindering any movement of his mouth. Hastily freeing the bandage he laid it aside, laughing at his predicament. At first he caught his breath when he realized the sound of his laughter filled the tomb. He laughed harder.

“Abba! My Abba!”

For the first time he spoke audibly. The same voice that had spoken to the multitudes, hushed the waves on the Sea of Galilee, comforted the widow of Naim, his voice fell like a soft caress on his ear. He loved the sound of his human voice, a marvel created by the Godhead.

“Good morning, my Beloved,” Jesus addressed the Father and the Holy Spirit. “I am here! We have done it!”

He listened for a moment. “Yes, I shall.” He agreed.

Laughing Jesus lay again on the shroud and pulled the cloth over him. Then he rose and passed right through the shroud! Standing he looked back and saw that the burial cloth lay like a cocoon undisturbed.

He was completely without the shroud and he began to examine himself. Jesus touched his forehead, his eyes, his nose, and cheek, the same Semitic features. He was delighted to find his beard fully restored. He had the same length of hair, the same broad shoulders and chest, the same sturdy legs that had traveled the rough Judean countryside and had walked the narrow streets of Jerusalem. His stature hadn’t diminished. In fact, he had to stoop a bit because his head touched the ceiling of the tomb when standing upright.

“Here I am inside my own tomb.” He laughed when he had to bend away from the ceiling.

Jesus found every part of himself new and restored. Yet there were glorious new additions to his body. That is what he treasured and loved the most. These were his wounds clearly marked on his hands, feet and side. He held up his right hand and saw the red wound and the purple bruising around the edge.. He could see the hole caused by the crucifixion nail and how it had passed through his hand. A white flame leaped from the center of his palm. The same colors and flame was repeated in the other wounds. When he examined his side wound he saw straight into himself. He was lit up inside by a heart full of glorious light.

Ah so beautiful a place! Most intimate of all chambers! The sight of his opened side spilling over with radiance increased his joy. He could not help but smile as he considered how perfect a dwelling for the ones he had died for. He had become cleft, his own body the secret place for nesting doves.

Indeed his humanity was identifiable as Jesus the Nazarene whose entire being was a garment of illumination. He extended his hands, showing the Father and Holy Spirit. “How well we have done, Our Temple!” He cried. He lifted one foot and wiggled his toes as he showed the wound. “Behold!” Jesus did the same with the other foot.

They had done it. The Three had accomplished love’s most magnificent act together, each Person of the Godhead wholly supportive of the other. Even in the most difficult moment, when Father could not look upon Son because the Son had become sin, their love had conquered.. Jesus was pleased. He was thankful he had said yes to everything, not only the Passion but to every detail of his life on earth.

Last edited:

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WOW......

This is.....amazing. So many parts that really touch me....

Yes, it is indeed a new way of looking at His Resurrection! And it is precious and beautiful!

I think this is one of your best pieces, Amy. Maybe THE best. Truly inspired.

Again....WOW!

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
thanks so much ames! :wave:

This is the third easter season I have shared this story. You have read bits and pieces of it previously.

I have begun to process of seeking a publisher. robin helped me with two edits and Ivy is helping as well with other things. the story is also going to be illustrated as well. I might run into a poblem because I shared this online. we will see. If I can't find a publisher I will self publish.

what I would like to do is share the story again...this time edited and invite you to read along (and all others who are interested.) if you see any mistakes let me know or have suggestions. I already made changes to the first chapter. I wanted the story to read more like the Shroud of Turin. you can see where the letters are bold. I believe its even a better read now. I also felt I needed to show in more detail that death was inside the cave.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian

The second meditation: The Conqueror Comes!

“For love is as strong as Death,
Jealousy as relentless as Sheol.
The flash of us is as a flash of fire.
A flame of Yahweh Himself.
Love no flood can quench,
No torrents drown!”
Song of Solomon 8: 6:7

Oh blessed earth! Jesus loved the earth. His tears dripped like shining diamonds from his cheeks. Creation called to him. He knew it was in full blossom right outside the large stone bolder guarding the tomb. Much more he longed for the sight of his own kind…humanity, he himself the Man of men!

He could once again wipe their tears and comfort them. He could lift them in his arms; hold them to his bosom, laugh and sing, share joys and sorrows, human emotions, his wrapped in perfect deity.

Now Jesus found it hard to wait as he became like an eager bridegroom on his wedding day. The last he had been seen in the world of men his body had been ravaged by the wild beasts ~ people whose lust for blood had feasted upon his disfigurement. While he stood in a cadence of his own glory Jesus knew he was beautiful. He had the same kind of pride a lover has when purchasing a special gem for the beloved. The gift is bait for winning the heart. Happy the man who has chosen wisely, Jesus’ treasures were his wounds and himself.

He knew he had but to will himself beyond the great stone and he would without effort be outside the tomb, but this had be a special event, proof that death could not conquer love. Once again Jesus sat down on the stone slab. The napkin! The head cloth! He folded it and placed it with care at the foot of the shroud, both pieces of linen a gift and a remembrance of what he has suffered. Abba would send angels to announce the Love’s victory and roll the stone away so all could see the triumph of the empty tomb. .

Jesus stood like a warrior, his face blazing, his hand clasped over his wounded heart. Already he discerned the sound of rushing wings and the approach of angels. He was ready!

For the God-Man the task was not difficult. His vision pierced through the stone barricade and saw the entrance was barred with thick ropes and an imperial seal. He counted the number of soldiers guarding the tomb, sixteen of Rome’s finest. There were four at the start of the path leading into the garden, four near a scattering of trees, four directly in front of the cave and four behind the cave. Jesus discerned they had recently replaced the guards from the previous night because their armor looked newly polished. He noted the commander stood to the right on the stone barrier. His armor was golden and he wore a red plume in his helmet. The men were young, strong and confident and they held their spears in an offensemode with a broad sword strapped to the thigh, ready at a moment’s notice. Jesus knew that each soldier was trained to guard a four foot square first and foremost and then they were to fight as unit.

The order was shouted in Latin that the detail of soldiers guarding the front of the tomb and those in the back were to change position. This was done in order to keep the guards alert. He heard two of the soldiers laugh when they at last stood in their new posts behind the cave. They still could not believe they were assigned to guard the tomb of a dead Jew!

Dead? Jesus would have smiled, but the rushing of angels’ wings were now more defined. Outside the mouth of the tomb two magnificent angels appeared with shining faces, dressed in full battle array, easily towering over the Roman soldiers. Suddenly the air rang with screams of terror. With a wide arch the angel swung his lightning sword and in an instant the cords holding the stone snapped, the imperial seal was broken, the massive bolder rolled aside and was tossed like a mere pebble. The earth reeled as death and life were turned upside down. Life conquered death and the empty tomb was the proof!

The two angels bowed as the warrior Jesus passed between them and out of the tomb.

The garden had turned golden, the trees, the leaves, and the wildflowers, the golden light was exuding from him, capturing everything, and the light was alive. The "lights" prospered in the living beams streaming from the risen Jesus encircling and caressing him in a fiery swell of bursting radiance. In breathless wonder the soldiers beheld the perfect union of divinity and humanity, each part of him whole and complete, loving the other in unsurpassed unity. From head to foot, perfect order and symmetry. Each detail of muscle and limb sculpted as it were in brilliant ivory, his features born of love, his eyes beautiful and compelling. Rome saw his body, naked and disfigured, his flesh torn by multiple whip lashes, nailed without pity to the cross. Now only the wounds in his hands, feet and side remained, and these poured light from his unblemished body. The soldiers feared to look at him, wished that he had followed and loved Him, hated that they had mocked him and guarded his tomb. They wanted to gaze at Him forever and yet they would flee at once and hide from terrifying glory. They felt stripped and ashamed, themselves captives and prisoners. His dreadful beauty robbed their strength and they became helpless like dead men at his feet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.