Praying for healing......
Jul 4, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
✟579.00
Faith
Baptist
Hi,
I am looking into getting a pet dog. My grandpa has one and he's just adorable. My mother may not let me get one, but I pray she does. I need a companion, for when I'm alone at home. The pet I am looking into getting is either a dog (it has to be one that doesn't shed, for I am allergic to Pet Dander), or a bird. Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of dog or bird I should get?

Dawn Marie

Soda for Wine
Oct 27, 2002
Ontario
✟19,684.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Yeah, there are some dogs that are better for allergies. I've heard poodles, Yorkshire terriors, Italian greyhounds, Chinese hairless, etc...

I've got bad allergies too, and when I was 'dog-sitting' a Yorkie once, it didn't trigger anything. :)

Birds... they can cause allergic reactions too, sometimes. Shouldn't be a problem though if you're considering a dog. Just make sure if you get a parrot-like bird, it's tamed...

I probably didn't even need to say that, but oh well. :p

Upvote 0

euphoric

He hates these cans!!
Jun 22, 2002
Visit site
✟8,271.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is also important to remember that many popular species of pet bird have enormously long life spans (as long or longer than humans in some cases). Many members of the parrot family are a lifetime commitment and a few may very well out-live you. Make sure that you are willing to make that kind of commitment.

-brett

Upvote 0
Well i dont think there are dogs that dont shed... and i dun like birds (not like that matters to you lol) I think you should get a gecko! Why? because I have one and he's awesome.. Hes a leopard gecko, and he isnt that big... about 8 inches long.. they dont need much, as long as he has water, heat, (from a lamp or heating rock etc...) and they eat crickets and mealworms, Dude! they are awesome! yeah but whatever pet you get i hope you are happy with it!

Steph

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Depends on the allergies.

I think poodles are just about the safest dogs to get for people who have allergies to pet dander.

Warning, if you're the slightest bit allergic to pet dander do NOT get a German Shephard. They shed a lot!!!

Upvote 0

jesusrocksmyworld

God ain't done w/ me yet!
Jul 9, 2003
SLC, Utah
Visit site
✟530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From all the TV commercials I've seen, Zyrtec (Zur'-tek) is supposed to be a good allergy medication for pet dander. See if your doc says it would work for you; then you don't have to worry about what kind of dog to get! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.