Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2006
Omaha, NE
✟15,207.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most Christians I know, regardless of denominational affiliation or maturity in faith, are almost unanimous in the assumption that believers belong to the society in which they live. Most would not articulate this reality, this assumed right or whatever in such brash of terms as I have. But they operate as if it were true, which makes it true to their perspective, frame of reference and way of living. What they believe informs how they live...

However, IF we are going to say our beliefs are informed by the New Testament, where can we go to biblically support the idea that we ARE still whatever we were (identity, sense of belonging) before we came to Christ.

OR - Is any change in "who we are" merely a positive confession or mental assent that does not affect our lives, our point of view, our perspective?

I wrote a piece dealing with this subject and I would like to debate it here.

The piece I wrote is here: https://www.academia.edu/11216666/To_Belong_or_Not_Belong

I will take the position that a believe ceases to belong or maintain an identity or belonging to the world order around him/her and that we are truly aliens, strangers and sojourners in this world.

I would like each round to take up to 24 hours.

The debator must base their argument from the New Testament. They can quote any source, but that source must be based from the New Testament.

I would like to start the debate April 6th 2015.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.