Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the Bible we are instructed to 'be filled with the Spirit' continually.

In the Greek, the sentence continues with an explanation of what that looks like: ... but be filled by the Spirit: speaking to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making music with your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another in the fear of Christ.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟998,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
", , always for everything, , "
Did you happen to spot what I did, that when we use the whole verse, it lends its fullest dependency upon other relating text?

For the word does say,

"For we do not know what to pray for as we ought,
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with
groanings too deep for words."

(Romans 8:26)

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟998,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is no small matter! They hated Jesus 'without a reason' (Jn 15:25), is it any wonder others will hate the gift of His fire too?

This one thing I could say over all these manifestations is this; they are good, but they are not well. My feeling is that when you take everyone who loves God, enough to maintain tradition to the best of their ability, that best then becomes strictness. So what do we have today, everyone strictly tied to their persuasion including the Pentecostal. A little leavening.

In regards to conduct in the Church, what do the scriptures say on acceptable conduct? For there is the day-to-day, and there are those times when we come together. For the day-to-day conduct yes, as we recall the Apostles complement for the Church in coming away from and keeping itself unspotted,

“,,,what earnestness,
what eagerness
to clear yourselves,
what indignation,
what alarm,
what longing,
what concern,
what readiness”

(2 Corinthians 7:11)

But as for worship, a hard one to apply v-11 to, for keep in mind, God wasn’t interested in bringing the atmosphere back to an agreeable level for those whom uttered “What meaneth this?” on that day. Is there scripture to confirm this? Well, yes I believe so and frankly why such moving services are so much in rare occurrence.

“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.”
(Romans 12:1)

“Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.”
(Hebrews 13:15)

“For there is no respect of persons with God.”
(Romans 2:11)

This is the offering which the apostle entreats the Romans to make: to devote themselves to God, as if they had no longer any claim on themselves; to be disposed of by him; to suffer and bear all that he might appoint; and to promote his honor in any way which he might command. This is the nature of true religion. - Barnes​

Have you ever been there in a meeting of this level of intensity? Many of us have, I'm sure. One thing I can tell you there, the pew-napper is rare and the air intense. These meetings become more frequent when the body comes together under calls for fasting for the Church and yet the heightened times interestingly follow the text,

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
(Psalm 100:4)​

Results:

But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
(Psalm 22:3)​

The Power that Liberates

All Churches praise, do all Churches mix this Psalm with Romans 12?

Now that I have seen a limited, yet fairly well-rounded existence of forms of worship in our land several things have become evident to me. Firstly, the one thing that has worked its way into Pentecostalism is resistance to these forms of worship is because of an unwillingness to disturb our “traditional” routines of ease.

Am I dancing here? May seem that way, in short I am saying for each to sow some of the opposition’s tradition. Then, in the case of that brother in the video who got spike-blessed heavily, jumped up, ran to the podium, stood on it and ran all the way back to the baptismal tank, come-on, let’s do a little trimming here. Yeah that may have cured his sanctuary-distress, but fully trashed the Corinthian model as with a lot of these expressions taking leave of that fruit of the Spirit’s, “self-control”,

“Let all things be done decently and in order.”
(1 Corinthians 14:40)​

I can understand why all the apprehension, even to evince my way to a better outcome of control. The best way I can express what happens to the candidate after the congregation cools weeks forward yet not for him is the intensity remounts and battles away at the blessing within which follows John 12,

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.”
(John 12:24)​

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,626,359.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
(Psalm 22:3)
The Power that Liberates

All Churches praise, do all Churches mix this Psalm with Romans 12?

I think of David dancing before the Lord and his wife so full of contempt,

2 Samuel 6
14 Then David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was wearing a linen ephod.
15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the Lord with shouting and with the sound of the trumpet.
16 Now as the ark of the Lord came into the City of David, Michal, Saul’s daughter, looked through a window and saw King David leaping and whirling before the Lord; and she despised him in her heart.

She suffered for holding him in contempt...

I have no doubt at all that the Lord was thrilled with the worship of David

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟998,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think of David dancing before the Lord and his wife so full of contempt,

2 Samuel 6
14 Then David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was wearing a linen ephod.
15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the Lord with shouting and with the sound of the trumpet.
16 Now as the ark of the Lord came into the City of David, Michal, Saul’s daughter, looked through a window and saw King David leaping and whirling before the Lord; and she despised him in her heart.

She suffered for holding him in contempt...

I have no doubt at all that the Lord was thrilled with the worship of David

How I miss that one, believe me, very fond of those melodies of praise from years gone by. Now, songs we sing (non-Pentecostal) have remained with the standard long-established hymns that have probably carried the “traditions” better, still, whichever choice is decided upon can’t take the preeminent mantle away from the other, for the Spirit of unity wouldn’t allow it, and frankly, I don’t think David would have settled for the lesser expressive.

I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
(Ephesians 314:19)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟829,883.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Thou,Christ of burning,cleansing flame,send the fire! Thy blood-bought gift today we claim,send the fire! Look down and see this waiting host,give us the promised Holy Ghost. We want another Pentecost,send the fire' (William Booth)

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟829,883.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'God of Elijah,hear my cry! Send the fire! Oh,make us fit to live or die! Send the fire! To burn up every trace of sin,to bring the light and glory in,the revolution now begin,send the fire!' (William Booth)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟829,883.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Tis fire we want,for fire we plead,send the fire! The fire will meet our every need,send the fire! For strength to ever do the right,for grace to conquer in the fight,for power to walk the world in white,send the fire!' (William Booth)

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,626,359.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Thou,Christ of burning,cleansing flame,send the fire! Thy blood-bought gift today we claim,send the fire! Look down and see this waiting host,give us the promised Holy Ghost. We want another Pentecost,send the fire' (William Booth)
God of Elijah,hear my cry! Send the fire! Oh,make us fit to live or die! Send the fire! To burn up every trace of sin,to bring the light and glory in,the revolution now begin,send the fire!'
'Tis fire we want,for fire we plead,send the fire! The fire will meet our every need,send the fire! For strength to ever do the right,for grace to conquer in the fight,for power to walk the world in white,send the fire!'

wow! that is so powerful! Send the Fire!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟998,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God of Elijah,hear my cry! Send the fire! Oh,make us fit to live or die! Send the fire! To burn up every trace of sin,to bring the light and glory in,the revolution now begin,send the fire!'
'Tis fire we want,for fire we plead,send the fire! The fire will meet our every need,send the fire! For strength to ever do the right,for grace to conquer in the fight,for power to walk the world in white,send the fire!'

wow! that is so powerful! Send the Fire!
Manifest Your presence oh' unquenchable fire of the living God to each and every one of us, ever lead us in the way of attaining Your excellent councils Father, as they saw that day, ,

And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them.

Acts 2:3​

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟829,883.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'To make our weak heart strong and brave,send the fire. To live a dying world to save,send the fire! Oh,see us on Thy altar lay,our lives,our all this very day. To crown the offering now we pray,send the fire! (William Booth)

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0